SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

@RossJonesFOX: Hearing the #Bills aren't slowing down anytime soon. Pushing to sign Mike Iupati or Bryan Bulaga.

@RossJonesFOX: Also, other options for #Bills could be OG Jahri Evans and WR Percy Harvin if/when they become available.

Is Bulaga an option inside? He'd be a nice upgrade over Henderson for sure, but that still leaves a G spot open. I think I'd prefer going after a true guard and giving Henderson a chance to develop. Go after T next year if he doesn't. I'd certainly prefer Evans over Iupati.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RossJonesFOX: Hearing the #Bills aren't slowing down anytime soon. Pushing to sign Mike Iupati or Bryan Bulaga.

I hope they don't fall into the Kaepernick trap. SF wants to unload him in the worst way because they know he is seriously flawed as a passer. Mike Iupati would be the guy to spend money on from SF. Please no Jay Cutler or Kaepernick!!!

@RossJonesFOX: Also, other options for #Bills could be OG Jahri Evans and WR Percy Harvin if/when they become available.

I really don't know about percy. He is a weapon but he is a nut job. I think Goodwin can do most of the things percy can Edited by kr632

Makes a ton of sense to me. Roman loves creative runs and short passes. Harvin is a game changer from the back field. Think of Harvin in Minnesota.

i feel like Watkins is a better version of Harvin though and if they are going to add a wr, make it a big one.

Anybody remember a few years ago when Marv signed those two guards, one was from Washington and he gave the guy 49 million for 7 years. What a mistake.

If Iupati is cheaper than that, we need to bring him in. Although I believe that with proper coaching we do have some good athletes on our team. We're talking about Cyrus and Cyril

Anybody remember a few years ago when Marv signed those two guards, one was from Washington and he gave the guy 49 million for 7 years. What a mistake.

If Iupati is cheaper than that, we need to bring him in. Although I believe that with proper coaching we do have some good athletes on our team. We're talking about Cyrus and Cyril

Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery thank you for remembering them... Walker played tackle if I remember correctly. Here they are pictured with some guy named Jason Peters. :oops:51bS0TiKoXL.jpg

harvin in bflo makes no sense to me

Makes total sense. Our speed / shifty KR guy is made of glass. Harvin comes in , Goodwin gone. The greatest ability is AVAILability, he doesn't have it. Harvin is a fit in a GregRoman offense.

Makes total sense. Our speed / shifty KR guy is made of glass. Harvin comes in , Goodwin gone. The greatest ability is AVAILability, he doesn't have it. Harvin is a fit in a GregRoman offense.

to replace Goodwin... Ok. I guess. Just not a big Harvin fan.

Except those guys were not considered very good to begin with and it was widely reported that the Bills overpaid for them because no one wanted to come here.

This is not the same. Dockery was the 4th or 5th best G available in free agency that year (not in the league, just of the guys available in free agency) and we gave him the 3rd highest G contract in the NFL. Walker was at least the the 3rd or 4th best RT on the market and the $5 mil/yr we gave him would still be top 10 RT money TODAY.

And Dockery was only cut because he was soooo expensive. He immediately signed a $5 mil/yr deal with the Skins when he was cut. Walker too was effective, just overpaid. Then they moved him to LT to maybe justify his salary, where he couldn't play, and they cut him too.

Edited by BrooklynBills

Is Bulaga an option inside? He'd be a nice upgrade over Henderson for sure, but that still leaves a G spot open. I think I'd prefer going after a true guard and giving Henderson a chance to develop. Go after T next year if he doesn't. I'd certainly prefer Evans over Iupati.

We need guards that can pull - so we can get back to running screens.

If we sign Bulagu it will be to play RT - We should only move Henderson to guard if he can pull to help on screens. (I just don't think he is athletic enough to do that... but my judgement might be clouded by my memory of how terrible our line was last year.)

So Signing Bulagu is upgrading our RT position but we would still have a hole at guard.

/ramble

Boling?

He hasn't been in the names we've contacted so far but the Vikings are supposedly looking to make a big push. I'm not sure what we'll do yet the Bulaga interest is intriguing as I never thought of Henderson as an OG yet someone mentioned he did play some for the U so it might be interesting. Yet I'd rather give Clay and lesser OG like Blalock or Sims but again we have Chris Williams still in the fold and can't see us dismissing him after 3 games.

harvin in bflo makes no sense to me

I was thinking of whether we had a fighter in the locker room who could whip his ass if he got out of line, then it hit me: We've got Ritchie Incognito. Of course, watch the two of them become bosom buddies.

Edited by Rob's House

He hasn't been in the names we've contacted so far but the Vikings are supposedly looking to make a big push. I'm not sure what we'll do yet the Bulaga interest is intriguing as I never thought of Henderson as an OG yet someone mentioned he did play some for the U so it might be interesting. Yet I'd rather give Clay and lesser OG like Blalock or Sims but again we have Chris Williams still in the fold and can't see us dismissing him after 3 games.

Ya, I expect us to make one more big splash in free agency whether that's Bulaga or Clay or some wildcard, but I kind of see us going after one of the middling free agent lineman rather than Boling or Bulaga.

Ya, I expect us to make one more big splash in free agency whether that's Bulaga or Clay or some wildcard, but I kind of see us going after one of the middling free agent lineman rather than Boling or Bulaga.

Clay or Cameron would be the next splash I'd want. I could also accept Gresham. In terms of O-lineman it's tough I know there's talk we like Jah Reid of the Ravens but to me he's a replacement for Hairston.