Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all in with The Chin.

See my note above about being careful what you wish for. The Chin should have his rump firmly planted in the studios unless it is to coach the Jets. I dont have a very favorable opinion of him ever since his handling of the Kordell 'Slash' Stewart situation and his general inability to take a very talented team further than he did. But let me not derail this conversation.

Marrone may have been a good HC but he had the personally of a foot, I'd like Rex as a head coach and bring back Chan as OC.

You give a damn about the HC's personality? Rex has already proven to be a terrible HC. There should be a riot in Buffalo if he is hired, IMO.

Actually it does no such thing.

Yes it does. There was zero other reason to start Orton who most thought at the time wouldn't even be back next year in that game. Say what you want but at end of day coaches are judged on wins and losses and getting to 9 wins was all Marrone cared about...feel free to live in denial

Now the Bills start from scratch or do they? Do they promote Schwartz to Head Coach? Bring in a big name like Cowher? Another who candidate? Who ever he is, he will have a top 10 Defense. Solid special teams. Talent at skill positions on Offense. The two biggest challenges will be getting a starting QB and up grade the Offensive line. Marrone is well regarded around the league for the job he did in Buffalo. I don't know if he will land a head coaching job this year. Oakland is a possibility.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 17s17 seconds ago

League source: Marrone asked Pegulas for an extension and was told no. He then asked for extensions for his assistants and was told no.

Later coward. Wanted assurances before he produced a playoff birth? Sorry Dougie. No dinero for the worst offense in the NFL. You really do think you are something special, don't you? Rex or Schwartz, and please destroy whatever team Doug Marrone's sorry a$$ lands on if any will have him and baby nate.

You give a damn about the HC's personality? Rex has already proven to be a terrible HC. There should be a riot in Buffalo if he is hired, IMO.

damn straight, hearing the bulldog the other day comment on it was hilarious, too. saying he hated having to listen to marrone speak, that he sounded like a baffoon, just was a headache.

This is not a statement about his coaching ability, but he's the only damn coach in this league i like on a human level. He of course isn't going to get hired.

Yes it does. There was zero other reason to start Orton who most thought at the time wouldn't even be back next year in that game. Say what you want but at end of day coaches are judged on wins and losses and getting to 9 wins was all Marrone cared about...feel free to live in denial

You play to win the game of course. Only losers play to lose. Starting Manuel actually accomplishes nothing in the last game of the year. I'd start Orton in that game all day long.

All I see on Twitter is #lolbills and pissed off players. I'm off to drink. Happy new year.

That is what I fear about this, re-signing players will be tough now that it was an hour ago, though, Doug Marrone is also responsible for his departure.