Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we know where A. Williams falls. He'd probably be happy with Schwartz as HC. The defense seemed to love him.

Actually it does no such thing.

It certainly gives at least some credence to the idea that he started Orton in a meaningless game to try to win it to pad his resume rather than see what the potential QB of the future could do. Not saying that's what happened, but it is certainly possible. Personally, I think the other reason he didn't start EJ is that he would have looked the fool if EJ miraculously lit it up against the Cheats*....

You play to win the game of course. Only losers play to lose. Starting Manuel actually accomplishes nothing in the last game of the year. I'd start Orton in that game all day long.

I completely agree. It was setting EJM up to fail. "Run for the bus" road game, against the best team in the league, a week after getting shamefully outed from the playoffs. "Here ya go EJ....let's see what ya got!" A short week of practice, a bottom dwelling offense...EJM hadn't played in 12 weeks, and suddenly, EJ is supposed to take over, and lead the team....ridiculous.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 17s17 seconds ago

League source: Marrone asked Pegulas for an extension and was told no. He then asked for extensions for his assistants and was told no.

This is a smart move by the Pegulas and a smart move by Marrone. If you consider Marrone has no QB and no 1st round draft pick next year, the chances of improvement were small. In addition, with the job market opening up he stands a good chance of making more money elsewhere. I never thought he was up to the job. His decision making was flawed frequently and he seemed testy when anyone called him on his numerous tactical errors. Goodbye and good riddance. Hopefully Marrone takes his entire staff, except Schwartz, with him.

Hopefully, Brandon and Whaley are sent packing too. This could be the start of a new era for the Bills if Pegula hires wisely. Fingers crossed Pegula sees what a failure Whaley has been. Trading up a few spots to pick a WR while sacrificing a 1st round pick is atrocious and is grounds for termination by itself!

On to a brighter future!