Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

I'd like to add my two cents.

While I didn't mind Marrone staying despite the fact that he is the supposed offensive background, and the team was top ten worst the last two years on offense.

I feel It was Schwartz, and Orton that bailed him out this year.

Hopefully the Bills find better assistants then Nathaniel Hackett, and that crappy O line coach.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Ownership baby. I respect Pegs for wanting his own people. You don't spend $1Bil and not put your own people in charge. All good. I am fired up. Stable, deep pocket ownership . Promising team. Many will be interested. Love it. Go Bills. A new era has dawned, after 20 years of crap. Love it.

New Ownership baby. I respect Pegs for wanting his own people. You don't spend $1Bil and not put your own people in charge. All good. I am fired up. Stable, deep pocket ownership . Promising team. Many will be interested. Love it. Go Bills. A new era has dawned, after 20 years of crap. Hang on, bitches, fun about to begin.

New Ownership baby. I respect Pegs for wanting his own people. You don't spend $1Bil and not put your own people in charge. All good. I am fired up. Stable, deep pocket ownership . Promising team. Many will be interested. Love it. Go Bills. A new era has dawned, after 20 years of crap. Hang on, bitches, fun about to begin.

Let's not overlook the fact that Marrone was able to pocket $4 million from the Bills for next year AND get paid from another job without having it offset the $4 million...not too many opportunities in life to take a free $4 million dollars

I would want to know who the guy is that is brought in to run the offense, but I would have no problem if Schwartz is the guy and there is a top OC. It could even be Reich that they bring in to be Associate HC.

I hope we do better than Schwartz, but he'd be fine with a top level OC. (Why do people keep thinking Reich will get a HC job?).

I've been screaming for Gus Malzahn for a year so I will stick there. Give Schwartz a big raise to stay (he won't be happy if he doesn't get the job).

Again, I hope they don't do this. The Bills are not rebuilding. Gus has ZERO NFL experience. That is a giant hurdle to overcome, IMO. Only Chip Kelly has managed to do it with any success (and I'm not entirely sold on him yet).. I have to ask, does Gus have a good network of coaches in the NFL? Would Schwartz even consider staying and working under a guy with his experience, or lack of?

Maybe a good solution would be to bring in Gus in a Coordinator/Assistant HC capacity, with the understanding he has the inside track if/when Schwartz moves on.

I think the Bills are poised to go to the next level next year, perhaps even without a top QB. I'd hate to screw that up by hiring a guy who might be in over his head.

I'm all in with The Chin, though. Cowher would be an epic hire, and now the job might even be interesting to him.