Pick a QB, any QB...who in 2015?

Gugny

Spiller is a FA and can't be traded. Really dude. You need that explained to you?

I see 5 teams that can be realistic destinations for Foles, Bills, Jets, Hou, Chi & Stl.

I think a mixture of Ej & Leodis or a pk 4th can get the job done on this deal. Philly has some serious prbs in secondary Leodis makes alot of sence here. Leodis & 4th or EJ & 3rd I can see that being enough.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy the "Whaley has to pay premium" argument. I do believe that teams would try to extract that from him. But the only time I believe teams really would exact a premium would be for an in-division trade. That is to say, I think Ryan Mallett would have cost the Bills more than he cost the Texans.

I don't buy the "Whaley has to pay premium" argument. I do believe that teams would try to extract that from him. But the only time I believe teams really would exact a premium would be for an in-division trade. That is to say, I think Ryan Mallett would have cost the Bills more than he cost the Texans.

And I think just about any price for Mallet would be too much. I might be proven wrong in this, but I don't see it. BTW, the Pats fans who visit the same bar as I, tend to agree. They saw nothing from him.

If the Bills go after a QB in FA it should be a QB with real NFL experience. Not a guy who has played a game or two (IMO, of course).

How ... for the love of everything holy ... do you know this? That's what I want to know.

Because Whaley does not have a history of overspending. Ever. So I want to know how you know that other GMs will "increase their rates," or how you know that other GMs think that Whaley is "desperate."

Why, going to bother you til the day you die? Supply and demand, figure it out!

Why, going to bother you til the day you die? Supply and demand, figure it out!

So you're saying that you know that other GMs in the league know that they've got QBs who Whaley covets, therefore they will "increase their rates" and Whaley will pay top dollar for a new QB.

I think I get it now!!!

I want to know how you know this. Dude. And what you're basing your assertion on, because I've not known Whaley to overspend on anything and he's addressed a lot of holes during his short tenure. So please ... enlighten me. Not on the basics of supply and demand; but on how you know what these other GMs know.

Dude.

Anyone that's trying to trade for QB needs a QB so therefore the price is already higher then usual. Thats why Rob Johnson was traded for a 1st and others were traded for multiple pks. If multiple teams are trying to trade for same guy obviously the price goes up. Hence the term supply & demand. I hope this helps.

Anyone that's trying to trade for QB needs a QB so therefore the price is already higher then usual. Thats why Rob Johnson was traded for a 1st and others were traded for multiple pks. If multiple teams are trying to trade for same guy obviously the price goes up. Hence the term supply & demand. I hope this helps.

It explains the supply and demand issue, but it does nothing to explain why Whaley will overpay for a QB. Whaley did not make the RJ trade.

Interesting to see what Whaley does. I can't imagine them going into next season, heck even OTAs with only Orton and EJ on the roster. We shall see if Whaley has balls to make a deal, IDK who for but something has got to be done.

More interesting is going to be to see what the Pegulas do with the Dougs. Everything follows after that.

So you're saying that you know that other GMs in the league know that they've got QBs who Whaley covets, therefore they will "increase their rates" and Whaley will pay top dollar for a new QB.

I think I get it now!!!

I want to know how you know this. Dude. And what you're basing your assertion on, because I've not known Whaley to overspend on anything and he's addressed a lot of holes during his short tenure. So please ... enlighten me. Not on the basics of supply and demand; but on how you know what these other GMs know.

Dude.

Let's everyone leave the "dudes" out of their posts. Thanks.

One free agent QB that I think could one day shock the NFL and turn out to be a poor man's "Drew Brees" type franchise QB is Kellen Moore. The chances may be small, but in his limited exposure in preseason games he has performed very well. Yes they was preseason games, but the guy can throw very accurately and he anticipates extremely well. He doesn't have a gun, but you really don't need that if you have those other two things. IMO he's worth taking a shot on.

Three pages of posts and still no one has a decent suggestion as to whom the Buffalo Bills should have at quarterback next season.

Not a good sign for next season!

That's because there aren't any great options. This is why 1/2 or more of the NFL teams are looking for a good QB.

Here you go:

Jason Campbell UFA CIN 32

Jimmy Clausen UFA CHI 27

Austin Davis RFA STL 25

Matt Flynn UFA GB 29

Blaine Gabbert UFA SF 25

Matt Hasselbeck UFA IND 39

Shaun Hill UFA STL 34

Brian Hoyer UFA CLE 29

Tarvaris Jackson UFA SEA 31

Josh Johnson UFA SF 28

Case Keenum RFA HOU 26

Ryan Lindley UFA ARI 25

Jake Locker UFA TEN 26

Ryan Mallett UFA HOU 26

Luke McCown UFA NO 33

Colt McCoy UFA WAS 28

Kellen Moore RFA DET 25

Matt Moore UFA MIA 30

Dan Orlovsky UFA DET 31

Christian Ponder UFA MIN 26

Mark Sanchez UFA PHI 28

Matt Simms RFA NYJ 26

Tyrod Taylor UFA BAL 25

Scott Tolzien UFA GB 27

Michael Vick UFA NYJ 34

Joe Webb UFA CAR 28

T.J. Yates UFA ATL 27

I don't know about you, but all I see here are last resorts and a couple serviceable mentors to EJ that we would hope never has to take the field for us..

Here you go:

Jimmy Clausen UFA CHI 27

Austin Davis RFA STL 25

Matt Flynn UFA GB 29

Blaine Gabbert UFA SF 25

Shaun Hill UFA STL 34

Brian Hoyer UFA CLE 29

Josh Johnson UFA SF 28

Case Keenum RFA HOU 26

Ryan Lindley UFA ARI 25

Jake Locker UFA TEN 26

Ryan Mallett UFA HOU 26

Luke McCown UFA NO 33

Colt McCoy UFA WAS 28

Kellen Moore RFA DET 25

Matt Moore UFA MIA 30

Dan Orlovsky UFA DET 31

Mark Sanchez UFA PHI 28

Matt Simms RFA NYJ 26

Tyrod Taylor UFA BAL 25

Scott Tolzien UFA GB 27

Michael Vick UFA NYJ 34

Joe Webb UFA CAR 28

T.J. Yates UFA ATL 27

I don't know about you, but all I see here are last resorts and a couple serviceable mentors to EJ that we would hope never has to take the field for us..

I think Jake Locker could be serviceable in that he can actually run and can run the read option that OC likes to employ.

Also would take a shot at Mallet with that arm

Buffalo Barbarian loved Blaine Gabbert. I think he is pretty bad though and he is named Blaine.

I think Jake Locker could be serviceable in that he can actually run and can run the read option that OC likes to employ.

Also would take a shot at Mallet with that arm

Wait minute...I thought you loved Gabbert almost as much as Talleywhacker.

On this list, I would prefer Mallet, Locker or Matt Moore and they can come in to compete with EJ for the job.

Bradford getting cut would be interesting, but he gets hurt every time the wind blows, so even if he was good, odds are he wouldn't see the field much due to injury.

My dream wish list would be that NO decides to blow it up and rebuild and makes Brees available via trade.

Here you go:

Jimmy Clausen UFA CHI 27

Austin Davis RFA STL 25

Matt Flynn UFA GB 29

Blaine Gabbert UFA SF 25

Shaun Hill UFA STL 34

Brian Hoyer UFA CLE 29

Josh Johnson UFA SF 28

Case Keenum RFA HOU 26

Ryan Lindley UFA ARI 25

Jake Locker UFA TEN 26

Ryan Mallett UFA HOU 26

Luke McCown UFA NO 33

Colt McCoy UFA WAS 28

Kellen Moore RFA DET 25

Matt Moore UFA MIA 30

Dan Orlovsky UFA DET 31

Mark Sanchez UFA PHI 28

Matt Simms RFA NYJ 26

Tyrod Taylor UFA BAL 25

Scott Tolzien UFA GB 27

Michael Vick UFA NYJ 34

Joe Webb UFA CAR 28

T.J. Yates UFA ATL 27

I'd bring in both Mark Sanchez and Kellen Moore and with Manuel already here, let those three battle it out after getting an upgraded O line and a new OC who has had previous success in the NFL.

Moore is the best thrower on that list and could be a diamond in the rough.

Slim pickins...Hurt Locker, no thanks. Moore and Mallet maybe, but that would be another unknown. I would love a proven guy via trade, but i don't see that happening. sucks, sucks, sucks....we need a QB damn it!!!!

Edited by ricojes

What the Bills really need is a top prospect with all the skills then the best Quarterback coach money can buy

Tarvaris Jackson trashed Buffalo when he left so he can stick it.

I will go with Ponder or Mallett

Edited by HOUSE

Does anyone know anything about Bo Levi Mitchell who has done well playing for Calgary in the CFL? His stats look good. I have no idea if that translates to the NFL though. I think Jeff Garcia made it to the NFL through the CFL.