Pick a QB, any QB...who in 2015?

Gugny

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They went out and picked up ______ who will push Kyle. EJ put in a ton of work in the off season and puts poster of joe Montana above his bed.. Also _______ and _______ will help shore up the turnstiles at guard. Any one is better than last years guys.

This is the gist. Feel free to squabble about the details.

I see them trying to get somebody like Bradford or working the trade angles, then settling for someone like Matt Moore. I wouldn't put it past them to look for a QB in this (weak) draft in the later rounds.

It would be a stronger position to be in than last year's, but not an altogether good one.

There just aren't enough options. It's why I maintain that developing a successful Manuel is the best possible outcome for the team.

They won't do anything of note at QB. Who's out there? Orton looked pretty good with time today. Shore up the O-Line at all costs so they can run AND pass effectively.

I'm sorry, Orton's floor is too low for a low-ceiling guy. He is never going to put up a Rich Gannon late-career season, or even a Brad Johnson one.

I think Orton will return as a 2nd-stringer, he's a great backup... and I don't think next year's starter is on the roster yet.

I think Orton stays, too. His salary isn't obnoxiously high and he is a terrific #2.

Where we disagree is, I think (actually I hope) EJ wins the starting QB job next year. But I wouldn't make it easy for him. I hope the Bills get the best FA QB they can sign, and draft one---at least. And then make the competition for the starter as truly open as it can be. The best case scenario (again, IMO) is for EJ to win that competition, as he is young (but has some starting experience) and has a butt-load of talent. I can't foresee a rookie QB I'd rather see as a starter, nor do I think the Bills can sign a FA worthy of starting next year. I think there are one or two veteran QBs who MIGHT be available who I'd prefer, but I don't see that as likely. But again, I'd make EJ earn it. No handing it to him.

I think Orton stays, too. His salary isn't obnoxiously high and he is a terrific #2.

Where we disagree is, I think (actually I hope) EJ wins the starting QB job next year. But I wouldn't make it easy for him. I hope the Bills get the best FA QB they can sign, and draft one---at least. And then make the competition for the starter as truly open as it can be. The best case scenario (again, IMO) is for EJ to win that competition, as he is young (but has some starting experience) and has a butt-load of talent. I can't foresee a rookie QB I'd rather see as a starter, nor do I think the Bills can sign a FA worthy of starting next year. I think there are one or two veteran QBs who MIGHT be available who I'd prefer, but I don't see that as likely. But again, I'd make EJ earn it. No handing it to him.

I'm with you 100%, Deano.

I think we need to start discussing the QB situation for next season.

Here's all you need to know. There are no franchise QBs available by trade or free agency. Neither Cutler or Bradford are a step up from Fitz or Orton. Bring either guy and we are having the same conversation next season.

That said I'm convinced the Bills will first a mid-rounder.

I want no part of Orton. No heart and no field awareness. He's dead to me. If he stays and Pears leaves, at least I'll have a new whipping boy for my scathing Internet remarks.

I get he'd be a good backup (and he would be) but he cost us at least three winnable games this year (KC, Miami and Oakland) and did so with amazing sucktatude. He's got to go.

In a perfect world, EJ would win the gig. Based off what I've seen so far, I don't think that's happening, and I do think the Dougs can't afford to go into next season again without a viable alternative. I'm not an EJ basher either, I just have serious doubts.

Here's all you need to know. There are no franchise QBs available by trade or free agency. Neither Cutler or Bradford are a step up from Fitz or Orton. Bring either guy and we are having the same conversation next season.

I disagree; they're both higher-ceiling guys. It's just that they're bigger risks. Cutler because of the locker room stuff, and Bradford because he's made of glass. Bigger boom/bust potential.

In a perfect world, EJ would win the gig. Based off what I've seen so far, I don't think that's happening, and I do think the Dougs can't afford to go into next season again without a viable alternative. I'm not an EJ basher either, I just have serious doubts.

that's fair. It's why I'd bring in a guy like Moore, as uninspiring as that might sound.

And you are right to have those doubts, I think. And going into next season with no options other than Orton and EJ would be a HUGE mistake, IMO. But, for the sake of next year, I really hope EJ wins the gig. It's hard for me to imagine a better scenario. That is, unless the Bills pull off some unlikely pick up this offseason.

Interesting to see what Whaley does. I can't imagine them going into next season, heck even OTAs with only Orton and EJ on the roster. We shall see if Whaley has balls to make a deal, IDK who for but something has got to be done.

It will only take balls if it's a risky move.

What he really needs is a willing partner to make a deal, in FA, trade or otherwise.

The Bills will trade for Nick Foles. Philly will be shopping him hard this off-season. Chip Kelly wants a mobile QB to lead his offense. I see this happening. Foles will also be a free agent in 2016. Philly will not commit to him long term.. This makes sense for both teams because the Bills get better at QB on a 1yr addition for Foles and Philly will draft a QB high in this yrs draft possibly Hundley. Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy that likes to waste time. Nick Foles come to Buffalo baby!