Pick a QB, any QB...who in 2015?

Gugny

Spiller is a FA and can't be traded. Really dude. You need that explained to you?

I see 5 teams that can be realistic destinations for Foles, Bills, Jets, Hou, Chi & Stl.

I think a mixture of Ej & Leodis or a pk 4th can get the job done on this deal. Philly has some serious prbs in secondary Leodis makes alot of sence here. Leodis & 4th or EJ & 3rd I can see that being enough.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy the "Whaley has to pay premium" argument. I do believe that teams would try to extract that from him. But the only time I believe teams really would exact a premium would be for an in-division trade. That is to say, I think Ryan Mallett would have cost the Bills more than he cost the Texans.

I don't buy the "Whaley has to pay premium" argument. I do believe that teams would try to extract that from him. But the only time I believe teams really would exact a premium would be for an in-division trade. That is to say, I think Ryan Mallett would have cost the Bills more than he cost the Texans.

And I think just about any price for Mallet would be too much. I might be proven wrong in this, but I don't see it. BTW, the Pats fans who visit the same bar as I, tend to agree. They saw nothing from him.

If the Bills go after a QB in FA it should be a QB with real NFL experience. Not a guy who has played a game or two (IMO, of course).

How ... for the love of everything holy ... do you know this? That's what I want to know.

Because Whaley does not have a history of overspending. Ever. So I want to know how you know that other GMs will "increase their rates," or how you know that other GMs think that Whaley is "desperate."

Why, going to bother you til the day you die? Supply and demand, figure it out!

Why, going to bother you til the day you die? Supply and demand, figure it out!

So you're saying that you know that other GMs in the league know that they've got QBs who Whaley covets, therefore they will "increase their rates" and Whaley will pay top dollar for a new QB.

I think I get it now!!!

I want to know how you know this. Dude. And what you're basing your assertion on, because I've not known Whaley to overspend on anything and he's addressed a lot of holes during his short tenure. So please ... enlighten me. Not on the basics of supply and demand; but on how you know what these other GMs know.

Dude.

Anyone that's trying to trade for QB needs a QB so therefore the price is already higher then usual. Thats why Rob Johnson was traded for a 1st and others were traded for multiple pks. If multiple teams are trying to trade for same guy obviously the price goes up. Hence the term supply & demand. I hope this helps.

Anyone that's trying to trade for QB needs a QB so therefore the price is already higher then usual. Thats why Rob Johnson was traded for a 1st and others were traded for multiple pks. If multiple teams are trying to trade for same guy obviously the price goes up. Hence the term supply & demand. I hope this helps.

It explains the supply and demand issue, but it does nothing to explain why Whaley will overpay for a QB. Whaley did not make the RJ trade.

Interesting to see what Whaley does. I can't imagine them going into next season, heck even OTAs with only Orton and EJ on the roster. We shall see if Whaley has balls to make a deal, IDK who for but something has got to be done.

More interesting is going to be to see what the Pegulas do with the Dougs. Everything follows after that.

So you're saying that you know that other GMs in the league know that they've got QBs who Whaley covets, therefore they will "increase their rates" and Whaley will pay top dollar for a new QB.

I think I get it now!!!

I want to know how you know this. Dude. And what you're basing your assertion on, because I've not known Whaley to overspend on anything and he's addressed a lot of holes during his short tenure. So please ... enlighten me. Not on the basics of supply and demand; but on how you know what these other GMs know.

Dude.

Let's everyone leave the "dudes" out of their posts. Thanks.

One free agent QB that I think could one day shock the NFL and turn out to be a poor man's "Drew Brees" type franchise QB is Kellen Moore. The chances may be small, but in his limited exposure in preseason games he has performed very well. Yes they was preseason games, but the guy can throw very accurately and he anticipates extremely well. He doesn't have a gun, but you really don't need that if you have those other two things. IMO he's worth taking a shot on.