Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

It would be interesting to know but it could have been anything. We've seen plenty of players tear their ACL when planting and turning (non-contact). I know someone who jumped a foot in the air and tore their ACL on landing. Another person tore theirs jumping over a wave at the beach. Admittedly those are non-athletes but how many times have you seen an NFL player tear their ACL while just running around the field?

I partly tore my ACL while jumping to block a shot in a pickup BB game. Blocked the shot but landed wrong. Just a freak accident, can happen to anybody playing sports.

Too bad it happened but if it was gonna happen let it be now, he should be almost 100 by the this time next year sad to say.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if working out in Oregon means playing basketball which a lot of these guys like to do

Do all the ppl talking about Lawson getting more playing time now realize he was slated to split time at DE with Hughes and most likely starting?

And the bubble ... DID NOT BURST! Sorry bud but you are wrong, thanks for trying :) Study up, maybe next time you try to call someone out you will be correct. He was LB and a DB.

Prove it

And don't call me bud, bud.

Maybe next time you try to call someone bud they will actually be your bud

More Keith rivers is not a good thing based on his time in NY and CIN

That was my impression when we signed him... And then when we called him a starter and Lawson an end.... Heck, I can't even recall a nice fluff piece on him from OTAs, but I'm hoping someone has some positivity.

So edgy, so cool, so gugny. I would suck start a shotgun if thought your post was funny.

I love you, too, NDBCF. I was only half kidding, though. The "sky is falling" crowd is ridiculous. He's a mediocre LB who was part of a crappy D last year. What are we really missing? I don't think a lot. Promise? Absolutely. But he was far from a sure thing.

But I love you.

He's a PED suspension waiting to happen.

He overpursues consistently.

He is undisciplined and all over the field.

He was a starter on a monumentally horrid defense.

He had 2 good games ... all season ... and people want him in Canton.

This is not a big deal.

Dolt

What a bummer - I can't believe that Kiko gets hurt, before the season, working out. Stunned.

He's definitely one of my favorite young Bills! Get well soon Kiko...

I can't recall a worse pre-season Bills injury ever.

And I thought losing Shawn Bryson to an ACL his rookie year was bad...

Didn't Nate Odomes tear his knee up one off season playing basketball? Not sure if that was the of him with us, or maybe his first season with Seattle. Or maybe just a trick of my brain.

I look at it this way. Bad things happen in threes:

1) Ralph Wilson dies (RIP)

2) Jim Kelly gets cancer

3) Kiko gets injured

The Bills should be good to go now. It's the only way I can look at this off season and still maintain any sense of optimism.

I love you, too, NDBCF. I was only half kidding, though. The "sky is falling" crowd is ridiculous. He's a mediocre LB who was part of a crappy D last year. What are we really missing? I don't think a lot. Promise? Absolutely. But he was far from a sure thing.

But I love you.

We view him differently, I think he's a future elite LB that the Bills desperately need. He already played at a high level in his rookie year which leads me to believe he would get better. This injury does not help and reduces our chances to make the playoffs. But yes he sucks and might someday get a PED suspension so lolololol .

I look at it this way. Bad things happen in threes:

1) Ralph Wilson dies (RIP)

2) Jim Kelly gets cancer

3) Kiko gets injured

The Bills should be good to go now. It's the only way I can look at this off season and still maintain any sense of optimism.

I somehow fail to see how a blown ACL could be the third when the first two are death and a horrible cancer, maybe the rule of three has diminishing returns.

I've made my points. Refute them. I like the kid. I just think he took fans by storm with a catchy name and a couple really good games. His entire season was less than average.

I still think this team is primed for the playoffs this year. I just don't think the loss of Kiko Alonso jeopardizes that. Not one bit.

im with you bud. While I like Kiko a lot, I agree with your points. Nothing can be said to refute. It's all true.

Except the PED thing. All speculative.

As Bills fans we can't be too surprised. Things were going too well. We were actually excited for the season. I'm just surprised it didn't happen later on. We could have at least made it to training camp feeling good about ourselves. All you can do is laugh...because I'm all out of tears

I partly tore my ACL while jumping to block a shot in a pickup BB game. Blocked the shot but landed wrong. Just a freak accident, can happen to anybody playing sports.

Too bad it happened but if it was gonna happen let it be now, he should be almost 100 by the this time next year sad to say.

It said working out. I wonder exactly what kind. I've said it repeatedly on this board most athletes over train, and a number of the exercises do more harm than good.

I change my vote on your OTW post.

haha. Just saying. We all fell in love a little hard for him because of early in the season. He faded down the stretch for sure. Not to say he didn't play well, but the 2nd half of the season was no where near as good as the first half. The fans and media extremely over rated him because of his first few games.

Brandon Spikes is capable of playing 3 downs.

We have packages which will assist us in taking this in stride. Searcy can tackle and if Duke Williams ends up starting with Aaron Williams we could be alright. Williams and Searcy can tackle.

Many Lawson is better then Bryan Scott at LB, though, Scott was better at safety. With a solid DL that did nothing but improve - we're more ok then bad.

I think we can stomach one or two injuries. My concern is that this will lead to our typical injury riddled season. One of the unappreciated reasons for our better defense last was the relative lack of injuries.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sorry but this is a crippling injury. The defense is most likely going to have to carry the offense again and whoever replaces kiko will be a significant downgrade.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the blow will be softened substantially if EJ can actually show some competence behind center.

Refute my bullet points. You can't. No one can. He was good for a very small portion of the season, as part of a very crappy defense. Everything I wrote is factual.

The Bills defense was good last year by just about every significant measure - yards per drive, points per drive, turnovers per drive, sacks, and opposing qb rating. Consequently, you are wrong.