Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

I am not ready to jump off the bridge yet.

Spikes at MLB

Lawson at WLB

Rivers at SLB

We may just be ok.

If we otherwise stay healthy we shouldn't be taking a step backwards compared to last year. It would've been nice to take one forward at LB though.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prove this.

I'll go one more level here. I'll go to offensive.

Yes, we have improved the MLB. Go back and watch Alonso in the last 3 or 4 games. He was beat. He was worn out, still played very well. We now have Brandon Spikes at the MLB position, as well as young depth to build up there while Alonso shifted to WLB. That's his more natural position.

We saw Manny Lawson play successfully at this position at WLB. In fact, he was the second best LB on the field in 2014, which does not tell you that he might have been the 3rd best LB we have had in 6 or 7 years behind only Lawson and Poz.

Yes that's what happens to rookies that have played college football, trained for the combine, and then trained in the OTA, minicamps and training camp, then played 3 or 4 preseason games and 16 games in the NFL. So yeah, after basically going balls to the wall for over a year straight with literally no down time, you'd probably be beat the last month of the season too...

Edited by matter2003

If we otherwise stay healthy we shouldn't be taking a step backwards compared to last year. It would've been nice to take one forward at LB though.

Agreed. Having a dominant D in all aspects takes some pressure off of EJ. I think we can adapt, as we still have talent and plenty of time to do so, but come on!

Yes that's what happens to rookies that have played college football, trained for the combine, and then trained in the OTA, minicamps and training camp, then played 3 or 4 preseason games and 16 games in the NFL. So yeah, after basically going balls to the wall for over a year straight with literally no down time, you'd probably be beat the last month of the season too...

Combine that with that he said it himself - that he did not feel as comfortable at this position as he did at WLB - well, yeah.

Kiko to WLB is going to be great.

As a Bills fan, we are all trained like this. I can't even cheer when we score a TD, due to the fear over the late-thrown flag.

The law of averages was bound to catch up to us...we got off pretty much Scot free last year while other teams got rocked with non contact injuries to major players...

Preston brown welcome to weak side. Spikes middle. Rivers strong side. I don't feel as devastated as I might have thought. Kiko will be a great but maybe a good amount of playing time for another rookie will make another star. Whaley is a former linebacker and I think he has skills when making LB personel moves. I guarantee we have the LB's to make it happen still

Not to burst the bubble but Whaley was a DB not a linebacker

The law of averages was bound to catch up to us...we got off pretty much Scot free last year while other teams got rocked with non contact injuries to major players...

Sure, no one major was lost for a whole season, but we sustained plenty of injuries that affected the outcome of our season.

I am 99% certain and imagine NoSaint (and dude you need an avatar) will respond first, especially since I am responding to his post to get his attention...

We can PUP him right?

He was injured outside of a OTA or team function prior to the season beginning and therefore can be PUP'd?

I've made my points. Refute them. I like the kid. I just think he took fans by storm with a catchy name and a couple really good games. His entire season was less than average.

I still think this team is primed for the playoffs this year. I just don't think the loss of Kiko Alonso jeopardizes that. Not one bit.

You were serious? I won't refute **** because your post is idiotic but consistent with your history.