Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

We are a complete liability on 3rd downs yet again

Brandon Spikes is capable of playing 3 downs.

We have packages which will assist us in taking this in stride. Searcy can tackle and if Duke Williams ends up starting with Aaron Williams we could be alright. Williams and Searcy can tackle.

Many Lawson is better then Bryan Scott at LB, though, Scott was better at safety. With a solid DL that did nothing but improve - we're more ok then bad.

Figured it out on the phone for ya - better?

(And thanks)

I am sure I am among the many that will be happy to see you carrying an Avatar. We'll get used to it in a few days and know to read that Louisiana Buffalo reply.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-A "PED suspension waiting to happen" is factual?

-He did overpursue at times but it wasn't often enough to be considered epidemic. He was a rookie playing inside when his natural position is outside. Occasionally misreading gaps is understandable.

-As with the majority of your subjective opinions (not facts) the burden of proof is on you to show that Alonso was "undisciplined and all over the field". I don't think anyone else that watched the Bills comes away with these conclusions.

-The Bills defense was bad in a variety of ways, but they finished 9th in yds allowed and were 2nd in sacks and takeaways--- even if they were terrible against the run, the 2013 Bills defense cannot possibly be considered "monumentally horrid".

-People love him because he was outstanding for a rookie LB. "2 good games"? Nonsensical hyperbole.

Alonso wasn't perfect and no one claims that he was--- fans, coaches, broadcast analysts and journalists everywhere were excited to see Kiko grow his sophomore season in his natural position and surrounded by an improved defensive cast. You chose to go a different route for no other reason than so everyone would notice you. Congratulations on your success. Now we can go back to ignoring you.

Thanks for biting. I love you. :wub:

I guess a relevant discussion that's been largely missed is "how about that keith rivers signing....."

I suppose I'm more curious than ever for those that have seen a lot of him. In addition to brown Lawson and/or bradham he will be seeing extra reps too

Ugh. I don't even know what to say. What kind of work out was he doing to tear an ACL?

It would be interesting to know but it could have been anything. We've seen plenty of players tear their ACL when planting and turning (non-contact). I know someone who jumped a foot in the air and tore their ACL on landing. Another person tore theirs jumping over a wave at the beach. Admittedly those are non-athletes but how many times have you seen an NFL player tear their ACL while just running around the field?

Relax, the CFL season has started. We have scouts heading north as we speak.....Kidding of course, but this does suck. I was really looking forward to see how he developed in his second year. Injuries happen to every team, every year. I don't want to trivialize but he is a LB, a position not as important as a future franchise QB. If I had to pick between losing Kiko or EJ, I would pick Kiko.....Next up needs to step up, pure and simple.

Not to burst the bubble but Whaley was a DB not a linebacker

And the bubble ... DID NOT BURST! Sorry bud but you are wrong, thanks for trying :) Study up, maybe next time you try to call someone out you will be correct. He was LB and a DB.

this is what being a Bills fan is lately...... :wallbash:

Man , the football Gods will never get over that we went to 4 straight Super bowls.

This off season with Ralph passing, Jim in the hospital, coach with his small cancer, now Kiko, is the worst offseason EVER.

So are there any free agent LBs out there worth a ****? I doubt it. I was so looking forward to seeing Spikes and Kiko in the same LB corps. Now that might never happen.

There are some experienced guys out there. No one great, but a couple vets that were waiting for camp injuries. I'm ready for someone to say "Whaley knows Harrison...."

Not sure what happened with will herring and the cowboys. Remember his deal falling apart but not why/if he got a new one

We are about to find out if Preston Brown is the player that they think. Without being overly optimistic if Brown is pretty good (which I think he will be) the defense will still be good. That Louisville defense last year was great and he was in the middle of it all. I HATE losing Kiko but I hope that the Bills can overcome it.

I guess a relevant discussion that's been largely missed is "how about that keith rivers signing....."

I suppose I'm more curious than ever for those that have seen a lot of him. In addition to brown Lawson and/or bradham he will be seeing extra reps too

More Keith rivers is not a good thing based on his time in NY and CIN