Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not like Kiko at MLB in the base defense. I thought he was going to play really well at OLB. If Spikes can't play the nickel MLB the whole defense is screwed. Opponents will spread us out, force Spikes to the bench and run right over K. Williams and whatever bum they have at MLB. If Spikes is still on the field then it will be one crossing route after another to the slot WR or TE.

This is awful.

It is all on EJ now. He has to be Ben Roethlisberger this year.

The only way a an athlete like this gets injured at this time of year is because he isn't in the very best shape. Next CBA should be radically altered to require year-round team sponsored mandatory conditioning. Want to get paid? Show up to work every day like everyone else who works.

The alternative would be that players don't get paid for any time missed for injuries suffered before training camp.

Seems like more players suffer season ending injuries well before the season than during the season. They are out of shape.

The Bills defense was good last year by just about every significant measure - yards per drive, points per drive, turnovers per drive, sacks, and opposing qb rating. Consequently, you are wrong.

worst run defense we've had almost ever.

DT and LB are the glaring reasons for that.

The only way a an athlete like this gets injured at this time of year is because he isn't in the very best shape. Next CBA should be radically altered to require year-round team sponsored mandatory conditioning. Want to get paid? Show up to work every day like everyone else who works.

The alternative would be that players don't get paid for any time missed for injuries suffered before training camp.

Seems like more players suffer season ending injuries well before the season than during the season. They are out of shape.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or... serious? :huh:

Plenty of athletes get injured while "in shape", and plenty of athletes get injured working out. Note again, the report is that Kiko tore his ACL working out.

Not to be Captain Hindsight or anything, but when we traded up to #4, I wanted Khalil Mack.

I even thought it would be Mack.

Sure would be nice right about now. We got plenty of young talent at wr.

Khalil Mack is a decent passrusher but he's HORRIBLE in coverage. -HORRIBLE. Kiko Alonso happens to do both things extremely well. While a bit undersized at OLB he was our biggest diference maker on Defense. Poor kid. He'll be missed terribly.

:wallbash:

I did not like Kiko at MLB in the base defense. I thought he was going to play really well at OLB. If Spikes can't play the nickel MLB the whole defense is screwed. Opponents will spread us out, force Spikes to the bench and run right over K. Williams and whatever bum they have at MLB. If Spikes is still on the field then it will be one crossing route after another to the slot WR or TE.

This is awful.

It is all on EJ now. He has to be Ben Roethlisberger this year.

maybe we can trade for Ben next spring.

He's a PED suspension waiting to happen.

He overpursues consistently.

He is undisciplined and all over the field.

He was a starter on a monumentally horrid defense.

He had 2 good games ... all season ... and people want him in Canton.

This is not a big deal.

:doh:

These posts that he only had two good games is ridiculous. He was excellent in coverage. His knock is he just wasn't big and strong enough to play the mic as guards in run plays can push him around. His skills made him perfect for the Wil, with spikes as our banger.

He's definitely going to be missed and will hurt the team. I don't blame him as these things happen. To say he was out if shape is also foolish. You only get hurt in June if your out of shape. That infers you haven't spent much time in the gym.

In 1999 I was going back to repeat in the US Championships in powerlifting in the best shape of my life, and tore my ACL. It just happened as I did everything I could including stretching, warming up, wraps, etc.

Now that's just one example, and I don't know if he was in shape. Neither does anyone on this post unless you are personal friends with the guy, or workout with him.

I've made my points. Refute them. I like the kid. I just think he took fans by storm with a catchy name and a couple really good games. His entire season was less than average.

I still think this team is primed for the playoffs this year. I just don't think the loss of Kiko Alonso jeopardizes that. Not one bit.

Best LB we've had since Takeo, and was his rookie season. Played arguably the least conducive LB position for his skills....

Hopefully he comes back next year and proves you wrong...

Opinions... I agree, his catchy name makes it nice!!

Poor D! First we lose a good DC in Pettine, a major, major blow in my view. Then we let our best playmaker go in Byrd. Then dareus goes berserk and will likely lose time. And now our most promising LB is gone for a friggin season! Good luck filling those holes.

WTF can we ever catch a break?

Would have been BETTER if he "broke" something! A tear is worst, and longer recovery... Hope this isnt 1st of more significant injuries... We FINALLY have a roster thats (scary to say) deeper than ever..... Next man up.... We do have a slew of LB that have starting ability for 1st time in yrs in Spikes in middle, Rivers on outside and very talented rook in Brown... The area this will hurt us most in, is nickel D which is like 50% of plays in modern NFL...