Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

I am 99% certain and imagine NoSaint (and dude you need an avatar) will respond first, especially since I am responding to his post to get his attention...

We can PUP him right?

He was injured outside of a OTA or team function prior to the season beginning and therefore can be PUP'd?

Yea - as long as a guy hasn't dressed for camp I believe you are good to. That said, if it's an ACL were only 7 months from the Super Bowl at this point, yet alone regular season play.

We will see

(And I meant to put the one you sent up but always remember when on my phone)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea - as long as a guy hasn't dressed for camp I believe you are good to. That said, if it's an ACL were only 7 months from the Super Bowl at this point, yet alone regular season play.

We will see

(And I meant to put the one you sent up but always remember when on my phone)

KpJSvLz.png

is there some real confirmation of what the injury is yet? could it still be something less devastating than an ACL? Can we hold out some hope?

Prob has to wait a few days for swelling to go down before doing MRI to confirm...expecting a torn ACL apparently...not good, done for the year...

Sure, no one major was lost for a whole season, but we sustained plenty of injuries that affected the outcome of our season.

I was talking about all the other teams having a rash of non contact mainly ACL injuries where the player is out for the year...

He'll be back for the playoff run..

Im not going to lose sleep over this. EVERY team deals with significant injuries. This was inevitable. You just hope not too many go down.

Oh...elite QBs cover for this problem.

Here's to you EJ. You better figure it out.

We are a complete liability on 3rd downs yet again

Lawson is available in packages. Heck, a surprise contributor might even be bradham.

This would be the spot where having a one dimensional thumper at MLB might hurt a little extra though. Was a little antsy about this situation going into the season but truly we shouldn't be much if any worse off than last year at the position.

Lawson is available in packages. Heck, a surprise contributor might even be bradham.

This would be the spot where having a one dimensional thumper at MLB might hurt a little extra though. Was a little antsy about this situation going into the season but truly we shouldn't be much if any worse off than last year at the position.

I agree that the LB corps shouldn't look worse. Obviously, we all just wanted to see it better.

He's a PED suspension waiting to happen.

He overpursues consistently.

He is undisciplined and all over the field.

He was a starter on a monumentally horrid defense.

He had 2 good games ... all season ... and people want him in Canton.

This is not a big deal.

Refute my bullet points. You can't. No one can. He was good for a very small portion of the season, as part of a very crappy defense. Everything I wrote is factual.

-A "PED suspension waiting to happen" is factual?

-He did overpursue at times but it wasn't often enough to be considered epidemic. He was a rookie playing inside when his natural position is outside. Occasionally misreading gaps is understandable.

-As with the majority of your subjective opinions (not facts) the burden of proof is on you to show that Alonso was "undisciplined and all over the field". I don't think anyone else that watched the Bills comes away with these conclusions.

-The Bills defense was bad in a variety of ways, but they finished 9th in yds allowed and were 2nd in sacks and takeaways--- even if they were terrible against the run, the 2013 Bills defense cannot possibly be considered "monumentally horrid".

-People love him because he was outstanding for a rookie LB. "2 good games"? Nonsensical hyperbole.

Alonso wasn't perfect and no one claims that he was--- fans, coaches, broadcast analysts and journalists everywhere were excited to see Kiko grow his sophomore season in his natural position and surrounded by an improved defensive cast. You chose to go a different route for no other reason than so everyone would notice you. Congratulations on your success. Now we can go back to ignoring you.