RIP Ralph Wilson

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP, I really think this franchise has been put back on the right track. I really wish he could see the bills be good again.

RIP again. Hopefully a lot of fans can recognize how lucky we were to have him, and how the hate was ignorant.

95 years old, helped launch pro football as we know it today, made a fortune, and brought happiness, even in bad times to a rust belt city that wasn't his own. That's a pretty awesome legacy.

Edited by DC Grid

Holy cow...stepped away from my desk for a short lunch break...a friend texted be some media file I couldn't open..next text, he just said, "he was 95"...I knew it was Ralph right away...kinda shocked...sad days in Bills land.

Edited by Buftex

95 years old, helped launch pro football as we know it today, made a fortune, and brought happiness, even in bad times to a rust belt city that wasn't his own. That's a pretty awesome legacy.

Very true. And did everything he could to keep the team in WNY.

When we lost Jack Kemp I was sad for a week and with #12 --> who is only 13 days older than me in some trouble , this is very unsettling to me. Thanks for trying Ralph. You loved the team as much as we loved the team RIP. :thumbsup:

My father was a founding member and officer of the Buffalo Bills Boosters Club, Inc from day one, so the Bills are "in my blood" since 1960.

RIP Mr. Wilson

This was expected but still a shock.

No matter his detractors or mistakes he may have made, this man brought NFL football to the Buffalo region and birthed generations of rabid and loyal fans...the man was not perfect, but he loved the Buffalo BILLS and he loved seeing this team at its pinnacle of success and lamented its tragic descension into the depths of which it has become, on the field...I sincerely wish his family powerful winds of peace and solace in their time of bereavement and pray they can find new hope and new strength when the time is right...God-speed Mr. Wilson, without you and your vision, I might just be a casual fan or maybe, no fan at all...as a fan, I deeply appreciate your commitment to this organization and this region and truly hope the next owner shares all the same passions and devotions to this team that you had....RIP

BTW, this topic should be PINNED, if EVER a topic merited such a credit, it's this one....