RIP Ralph Wilson

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into Mr. Wilson a few times had a conversation with him once. It was in the lobby of the Palm Beach Ritz Carlton. I introduced my self told him I was a Bills Fan. He said he ran into Bills fans all over the place. His face lit up when he talked about the team. As much as we all love the Bills, I think he loved the team more. He will be missed.

Mostly I feel sad that Ralph never got to see his team win a Super Bowl. Every human has his deficiencies, and maybe Ralph's was loving his Bills too much. Maybe that manifested itself in wanting to be a part of decisions, but it also manifested itself in how much like sons some of his players turned out to be. Jimbo, Thurman, Andre, Bruce, etc. They all think of him as a father figure and a great man. Who are we but to agree?

I also am sad that we are losing another WWII vet. We're losing our greatest generation, a generation that made this country what it is today. It was by them that the US became a real world power, and propelled our country through the years into the dominant force it is today. Ralph Wilson is the perfect example of a member of the greatest generation.

RIP Ralph. You left a wonderful legacy, and I hope we can all strive to be half the man you were.

My heart hurts today and my thoughts and prayers go out to the Wilson family.

Some of my fondest memories revolve around the Bills: From the first game I attended in 1968 with my father, through many games watched with close friends and family, to taking my son to his first game - and seeing him develop and carry that same passion for the Bills into adulthood.

May you rest in peace Mr. Wilson. I will always be grateful to you. You were the one who made those memories possible.

I was one of those fans that, until recent years, critiqued Ralph Wilson's handling of many personnel decisions. Yet one thing you cannot argue is the loyalty and love Ralph Wilson had for Buffalo, the Bills, and the surrounding area. He kept the Bills in Buffalo when many owners would have moved the team out of here, or sold the team long ago. Now I realize some things I had taken for granted about this team. Ralph Wilson has my respect. Thanks for everything.

I rarely post here these days, but wanted to add my condolences. From this kid that grew up in Ohio with zero connections to the city of Buffalo, turned 20+ year Bills die hard, thank you Mr Wilson!

I truly hoped this day would never come. Not only because of the uncertainty it creates for our beloved Bills, but more so because the world and the NFL need more honorable people like Ralph in it. I pray for his family. He touched all our lives, gave us something to cheer for, something to dream about, something to pass on to our children and grand children... and that may be the least of his accomplishments. I will forever be grateful to be a Buffalo Bills fan and a Ralph Wilson fan.

My favorite Ralph Wilson moment: when Tagliabue fined him $50k for speaking out after the "Just Give It To 'Em" game, and Ralph responded:

Thanks for the memories, Ralph.

A bitchin response from Ralph. I dont recall this. I like the dude a little more now.

Thanks for posting this DC.

Rest in paradise. You have impacted the Bills organization as well as us, the fans lives more than you know. Some criticized the way you ran the team, but all realized that you were and are the reason we still have a team here.

Having said that, this season needs to be dedicated to the memory. If this doesnt make players hungry, I dont know what will.

Edited by Agent 91

RIP Mr. Wilson

You will never be forgotten.

As a Bills fan who has no ties to Buffalo or any part of Western New York, I feel that I am a part of the greatest fans in the NFL.

Thank you Mr. Wilson for all that you did. Not just for Buffalo and the Bills, but all the behind the scenes work you did for the NFL, all the charity work you did, and especially serving your country in World War II.

You sir, will be missed.

Sitting here in Florida listening to WGR...and as much as I have been expecting this for so long...I'm still devastated. There is no doubt...this is the end of a wonderful era, for all Bills fans.

I was born the same year the Bills we born. I still have my signed Jack Kemp stuff, and yes, my signed copy of "The Education of a Rich Rookie by OJ, not to mention other random keepsakes signed by early Bills players, all the way up our pride and joy 90's team.

I left Buffalo as a kid in 1972, but the Bills have been and always will be with me....and that starts with the man who started it all....and that was HOF Member Ralph Wilson. RIP Sir, and thank you for being the man you were....and thank you for the AFL.

God Bless "The Foolish Club"

TheFoolishClubCover785h.jpg

Edited by SinceWarMemorial

RIP Mr. Wilson. My condolences to your family.

Thank you for giving my family - despite now being spread across the US - one reminder every Sunday of where we came from, and something for us to be prideful of. I am eternally grateful.

RIP Mr. Wilson. I always thought I would log into TBD and see the announcement of RW's death. But I heard it 1st n FB. I guess I need to get up with times. I said last time I saw him on TV, which I think was when Maroone was hired, or Jauron was fired would be the last time we Bills Fans would ever see him in public. He looked very tired and aged at that time. Thank You for your Military Service to our Country, and your dedication as owner of the Buffalo Bills. RIP Mr. Wilson.

RIP Mr. Wilson. Thank you for this gift you have given all of us for the last 54 years. Thank you for sticking with a town and a people. Thank you for being a blue collar maverick -- the perfect owner for Buffalo.

God bless your family.

Edited by JoeF

Thank you so much Mr. Wilson. Thank you for bringing football to Western New York. Thank you for giving me the one true team I have been loyal to since 6 years old, and will remain until my time on Earth comes to an end. Rest in peace sir, and God bless you and your family. You will be missed, and you will never be forgotten....Let's Go Buffalo!