Is anyone else avoiding certain threads

Beerball

'Show me the baby' time hasn't even started yet and I see people bringing bad karma down on the Bills.

Threads that I am avoiding:

Predict which games the Bills will play in PRIME TIME!

Buddy Nix GM of the Year?

Buffalo: The city players want come to

My Prediction (Guess) of Sack Totals This Season

Please don't anyone say Dream Team (because I know that somewhere in that thread someone did)

I'm not saying that you should avoid those threads, but, if something happens to upset the apple cart it's on your shoulders, not mine.

Ha ha ha. I'm right there with you!

--------------

Predict which games the Bills will play in PRIME TIME! <check>

Buddy Nix GM of the Year? <check>

Buffalo: The city players want come to <check>

My Prediction (Guess) of Sack Totals This Season <check>

Please don't anyone say Dream Team <check>

'Show me the baby' time hasn't even started yet and I see people bringing bad karma down on the Bills.

Please don't anyone say Dream Team (because I know that somewhere in that thread someone did)

I'm not saying that you should avoid those threads, but, if something happens to upset the apple cart it's on your shoulders, not mine.

The only reason I even started the thread about D---m T--m is because of all the posts I was seeing about how dominating our defense will be (without even having a Preseason game yet). I'm in full agreement with you. Grind it up and close it if you want...cool.

Really? Being optimistic about our team and city is a bad thing? Should we say we suck, Mario sucks and Nix is a moron be better. :doh:

I used to be superstitious about things like this, but somewhere along the way it finally kicked in that none of it matters. If a Bills fan can't be ridiculously optimistic right now, there's something wrong with this world.

I used to be superstitious about things like this, but somewhere along the way it finally kicked in that none of it matters. If a Bills fan can't be ridiculously optimistic right now, there's something wrong with this world.

If the Bills ever win the SuperBowl, it will take a solid 10 years until I'm comfortable thinking they really won it and the commish isn't going to find something in the rule book as a reason to strip the title from us. Pessimism runs deep.

This one

Only people from Buffalo really think their own actions have any control over the Bills' performance or the ability to affect the outcome of games.... lol.

This is so true. I moved to DC for work in 89, but retained my season tickets and would make the crazy 8-hour road trip for home games.

So, for XXV, after not winning the SB lottery, I decided the best thing I could do to ensure a Bills victory was drive back to Buffalo to watch the game with the guys I had my season-tickets with. That didn't work out.

So for XXVI, I watched at an all-Bills supporters party here in DC with a bunch of new friends I had met from Buffalo while watching away games at a supporters' bar down here, thinking we're playing the Redskins, won't the after-party be awesome if we win seeing all those smug Redskin fans crying in their beer. Nevermind.

For XXVII I actually won the lottery and decided I'd better fork over some money and go to the game while I had the chance. At least I went to Disneyland the next day.

By the time XXVIII rolled around, I watched the match quietly at home with my new bride and, through the first half, thought that I had finally figured it out.

After that four-year period, I realized that whatever I did had no effect upon the prosperity of the Bills.

Of course, I didn't watch any of the four at my childhood home with my dad, the guy who inflicted this curse on me, so you can blame me for those four disappointments... goodness knows, I blame myself every February.

YesYesYes.

I avoid them.

If the Bills ever win the SuperBowl, it will take a solid 10 years until I'm comfortable thinking they really won it and the commish isn't going to find something in the rule book as a reason to strip the title from us. Pessimism runs deep.

Sorta like what the Aint's fans are going through right now. :ph34r:

Mr Ball,

Do you agree that the occaisional toxic thread can be beneficial, and/or (dare I say it)

FUN, at times?

If not, can I recommend a skull and crossbones Icon to be placed on said, contaminated posts? This could ward off gullible clickers like myself and prevent further infection.

Oh, yeah, def. worried about jinxing here. Then again maybe the unrealistic positivity just cancels out the overwhelming negativity you can read elsewhere.

We have brought in a lot of promising pieces. It remains to see if we can fit them together to make something Rad and Bad

These are all the same people that were complaining when the Nix , Gailey & Spiller hires were made , now they are jumping on the wagon & making predictions before the season has even started .. :blink:

+1,000,000. As the one who started the Buddy Nix thread I'll chime in. I use to try to play it safe, play that Karma game BS. Not make any crazy statements or happy predictions and what did it get me. 2 lost SBs (I bragged before the first 2) and decades of dissapointment. You can play it Karma safe, but the team is still going to get shredded by the injury bug if universe bounces that way. You can tiptoe around co-workers who hate your team and avoid saying anything that makes you look like a homer, but at the end of the year you're still going to catch hell if the team sucks. I say you're better to just lean into it. Support your team, make crazy statements, and be proud of your Bills....just don't vote for SJ on the Madden cover that curse is real.

Edited by DC Grid

According to your "current" status on your profile, I saw you looking at a few of these.

Edited by Triple Threat