unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a 4 PM flight from Raleigh to Buffalo today.

He probably had to walk his dog this morning, and then will take the dog to the kennel on the way to the airport. I think he should probably get to the airport by around 2 PM (after stopping at Chipotle for lunch), given the increased travel restrictions lately.

There's a 4 PM flight from Raleigh to Buffalo today.

He probably had to walk his dog this morning, and then will take the dog to the kennel on the way to the airport. I think he should probably get to the airport by around 2 PM (after stopping at Chipotle for lunch), given the increased travel restrictions lately.

I just hope he doesn't forget his Chipoltaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etTHAmqjnBA

nice to read a few people remaining optomisitc about Cowher

He DOES want to coach. He DOES NOT WANT TO COACH HERE, and won't.

This all is pretty obvious from the various reports out there, I don't know why folks here can't get it through their skulls. Stop avoiding reality: Cowher thinks Buffalo sucks. Most of the world agrees with him. Eat it, own it, and crap it out already people.

Word has it, that since so many Buffalonians have moved to the Raleigh and North Carolina area in general, that there is some kind of bigshot working in the sanitation/wastewater department for the city of Raleigh. He supposedly is in charge of the same pipeline that comes from Cowher's house.

Since the report is now out today about Cowher being in Buffalo again, my unnamed source is supposedly test stripping all of the piles of poop flowing from Cowher's pipes to see if there is a DNA match. According to my source in Raleigh, "if we get a positive hit of Cowher's poop, he obviously isn't in Buffalo." Of course though, he also said that Cowher's wife could be slow releasing a stockpile of Cowher's poop in order throw off the media. To protect his identity and to not anger taxpayers who don't like football, I will NOT release his name, so please don't ask via PM.

I mean, who knows. I just wanted to mention this. I should have news in about an hour.

This all is pretty obvious from the various reports out there, I don't know why folks here can't get it through their skulls. Stop avoiding reality: Cowher thinks Buffalo sucks. Most of the world agrees with him. Eat it, own it, and crap it out already people.

shut your pie hole turd face :thumbsup:

I think Cowher does want to coach this year. Just not in Buffalo if he can help it. Right now the Bills are Cowher's "date insurance" for the prom. He knows he can dance with us but is waiting to see if any prettier girls will go with him.

While Cowher can always go back to CBS I think he feels like he can't waste another year from the NFL. The longer he's out of coaching the more the game will pass him by. That's why he can't bring himself to say no to the Bills like Shanahan did.

When it comes down to it, and no better jobs are available, he may say yes eventually. The problem for Buffalo is we can't wait around for Cowher to decide. We have to look at other candidates.

PTR

The only person that will be eating anything is you eating ur words if Cowher comes here punk

I think Cowher does want to coach this year. Just not in Buffalo if he can help it. Right now the Bills are Cowher's "date insurance" for the prom. He knows he can dance with us but is waiting to see if any prettier girls will go with him.

While Cowher can always go back to CBS I think he feels like he can't waste another year from the NFL. The longer he's out of coaching the more the game will pass him by. That's why he can't bring himself to say no to the Bills like Shanahan did.

When it comes done to it, and no better jobs are available, he may say yes eventually. The problem for Buffalo is we can't wait around for Cowher to decide. We have to look at other candidates.

PTR

You may very well be right PTR

I, for one, will hold out hope for Cowher as our new coach. Just because I've been disappointed by the Bills in the past, doesn't mean I give up hope for the best.

C'mon Buffalo 'Bill'!

I'm sorry to say this time will be no different as the Bills will fail to land Cowher.

The only difference from then to now is at least the Bills did everything they could.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Looks like he'll get all his affairs in order in case he is offered a job, but it just won't be the Bills

When it comes done to it, and no better jobs are available, he may say yes eventually. The problem for Buffalo is we can't wait around for Cowher to decide. We have to look at other candidates.

PTR

Agreed. I think Carolina is his first choice as has long been rumored. But, Fox has one more year on his contract. Watching NFL Total Access yesterday, it sounds like Carolina is a mess right now. From what I got:

Fox wants an extension. The team says no extension; you got one year left on your contract take it or leave it. He's saying he won't stay and be a lame duck coach. So, they're somewhat at a standstill. Seems, to me, like the team wants him to quit so they don't have to pay him for the final year. But, he's not biting.

My guess is that Cowher is holding out for the Carolina job. The question is.. how long does he hold out for it? Does he go back to CBS for a year if Fox gives in and stays? Or does he want to get back into coaching bad enough that he'll settle for Buffalo? And if he has no problem with Buffalo, but would prefer Carolina, do you sign this week in Buffalo or wait a couple to see if the Carolina job opens up?

PTR

I think this might be the most accurate assessment of the Cowher situation. Buffalo is clearly not his first choice. Other than someone who's either never coached before (Mularkey, Williams) or someone who couldn't dream of any other team wanting him (Jauron), who would have Buffalo as their first choice???

He hasn't said no, so it's still alive. And money talks, and Ralph seems to have the checkbook open. I do, however, think Cowher is too classy and professional to leave the Bills hanging. If it was an absolute "NO," he would have said so. It's just not a "YES" yet.

Just don't listen to Schefter.

PTR

I think Shanahan had reasonable assurances he'd be offered the skins job when he said, "No".

PTR

and technically, Cowher was not the bills first choice as they made a run at Shanahan. anyways, he and buffalo are clearly still in play......all of cowhers other options are drying up. i could easily imagine that Cowher was expecting a $10 million a year offer (what shanahan was reportedly demanding) and the bills haven't gone that high yet with them thinking they don't have to. they probably are both waiting to see what Shanahan signs for in washington. For discussion purposes, lets say Cowher cost $10 million a year , while Marty, Billick and all others might cost $5 mil a year........lots for nix, brandon and ralph to consider.......is cowher worth twice as much ?

Don Banks has another theory...

And what of Bill Cowher? Reports started swirling Monday that the ex-Steelers head coach may not love any of the limited opportunities on this year's carousel, prompting him to remain in TV for another season and try to return to the game in 2011. Cowher's top two choices of Carolina and Tampa Bay appear to be standing pat. But a vacancy in Dallas could certainly prompt Cowher to throw his Stetson in the ring.

and this little nugget as well...

As I wrote in mid-November, Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger could emerge as a long-shot head coaching candidate, in reaction to the strong work he turned in this season helping resurrect Vince Young's career in Tennessee. If Buffalo is unsuccessful in landing any big-name head coach, Heimerdinger's offensive background and his experience working with quarterbacks might be tailor-made for Buffalo's greatest needs....

This cat is right. If for some reason he is not, I will gladly eat my words.

Cowher is either a scared coward, or a confused prima donna.

1. Coward - He knows that when he was hired in Pittsburgh, that the players were already in place. his job was to build on what was there. In Buffalo, He will have to actually build a team without having a core and scheme already in place, and doesn't have enough confidence to believe he can get it done. (By the way for those of you who always believe RW is cheap- Back in the 70's and 80's, the bonus money for players used to come from loans of his other businesses. Today there is more than enough from tv revenues to pay for it. Also, huge sums have been paid out, but to the wrong players. RW didn't pick the players).

2. Prima Donna - If $10mil is on the table, and the future of the franchise is stable (as I have seen on this board being reported), then Cowher's decision to come here is perplexing. If he really wants to coach this year and he is up to the challenge, then get with it.

JMHO

Guest dog14787
and technically, Cowher was not the bills first choice as they made a run at Shanahan. anyways, he and buffalo are clearly still in play......all of cowhers other options are drying up. i could easily imagine that Cowher was expecting a $10 million a year offer (what shanahan was reportedly demanding) and the bills haven't gone that high yet with them thinking they don't have to. they probably are both waiting to see what Shanahan signs for in washington. For discussion purposes, lets say Cowher cost $10 million a year , while Marty, Billick and all others might cost $5 mil a year........lots for nix, brandon and ralph to consider.......is cowher worth twice as much ?

Bill Cowher is by far the best coach possibly available in my opinion and gives RW the best chance of bringing home a Championship to Buffalo in his lifetime.

Keep your fingers crossed fellas.

As much as I would love to see Cowher coaching the Bills, I don't want someone who is not thoroughly happy to be here. If he only want to coach in Carolina, but would settle for Buffalo, I say No thanks.

Billick wasn't my first choice but I love the fact that he is openly campaigning for the job and wants to be here.

in his chat

WHO'S GOING TO BE THE HEAD COACH IN BUFFALO? IS IT COWLER,BILLICK, OR SOMEONE ELSE? Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Brian, I think the person that probably has the best chance is Bill Cowher. I think he's got an interest -- and I think he would be a great pick for the Bills because it would give them instant credibility. Still a long shot. Otherwise, I couldn't venture to throw any other names out there. I know the new GM Buddy Nix is close friends with Marty Schottenheimer, but I hear Marty has denied interest in getting back into coaching.

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/691#alert