unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please confirm if cowher is coming here today????? please for christs sake!!!!

What's wrong with you? Why do you have to post that same nonsense a million times over. I can't believe it but I might actually use the ignore button. At least with SKOOBY I would be entertained by his drivel. You're not even trying to hide that you're a troll.

ummm, maybe because in order to be a good coach you need to at least be a coach.

Understood , but there are assistants to "assist" Jimbo in areas of the unknown . Hell, we all know Jim was his offensive coach on and off the field back in the day . But the whole no coaching experience doesn't shy me away from him one bit. I have been a fan most likely longer then most here , and if it took 2 years for Jim to blossom , i say who cares , he pretty much already was a "player coach" which does in fact give him some coaching experience ! Let me ask you this .....would you prefer another lame choice such as Jim Haslett ? If we can not score Cowher and or Shotty i would much rather have a man that adores this city , is passionate about getting the Bills back to the glory day and simply has more fire in his gut for being a TRUE LEADER then even Bill Cowher in my opinion is certainly good enough for me ! Who better then a man that RESPECTS this fan rabid fan base and knows we deserve a winner sooner rather then later !

Understood , but there are assistants to "assist" Jimbo in areas of the unknown . Hell, we all know Jim was his offensive coach on and off the field back in the day . But the whole no coaching experience doesn't shy me away from him one bit. I have been a fan most likely longer then most here , and if it took 2 years for Jim to blossom , i say who cares , he pretty much already was a "player coach" which does in fact give him some coaching experience ! Let me ask you this .....would you prefer another lame choice such as Jim Haslett ? If we can not score Cowher and or Shotty i would much rather have a man that adores this city , is passionate about getting the Bills back to the glory day and simply has more fire in his gut for being a TRUE LEADER then even Bill Cowher in my opinion is certainly good enough for me ! Who better then a man that RESPECTS this fan rabid fan base and knows we deserve a winner sooner rather then later !

I think if you could ask Kelly, he would tell you Ted Marchibroda was actually his coach. It's not about who loves the city, has the most passion...etc. It's about being a good coach. It won't happen but if Kelly were hired it would be a bigger joke than the Jauron hire.

I think if you could ask Kelly, he would tell you Ted Marchibroda was actually his coach. It's not about who loves the city, has the most passion...etc. It's about being a good coach. It won't happen but if Kelly were hired it would be a bigger joke than the Jauron hire.

I am sorry but i think you are incorrect. Was stated back then to keep the "K-Gun" going at breakneck speed , Jim would call 90% of the offensive plays except for short yardage and goal line . Why would naming a "true leader" in every sense of the word be looked upon as a joke ? I think collectively as a fan base , better then 50% would agree with me on this matter . And i guess an official "title" of offensive coach is what you are looking for pertaining to Jimbo , no he did not have an "official" title but even Marv and Ted both acknowledged that Jim controlled 90% of the plays called at the L.O.S !

I am sorry but i think you are incorrect. Was stated back then to keep the "K-Gun" going at breakneck speed , Jim would call 90% of the offensive plays except for short yardage and goal line . Why would naming a "true leader" in every sense of the word be looked upon as a joke ? I think collectively as a fan base , better then 50% would agree with me on this matter . And i guess an official "title" of offensive coach is what you are looking for pertaining to Jimbo , no he did not have an "official" title but even Marv and Ted both acknowledged that Jim controlled 90% of the plays called at the L.O.S !

Actually, Jim gave a lot of the credit to Frank Reich. Said he would ensure Jim was aware of down distance and signal in a lot of plays.

Calling the plays and being the Offensive Coordinator are often 2 very different things.

and who taught Kelly the plays to call?

Actually, Jim gave a lot of the credit to Frank Reich. Said he would ensure Jim was aware of down distance and signal in a lot of plays.

And again, Jim called 90% of his own plays at the LOS ! Listen , you people want another coach with no spine that is fine, but me, I'll take a guy that has more fire in his belly then Godzilla vs Rodan ..perhaps a bad analogy but you get my point . ☺ but moving on.........

OK, I check this board all the time for updates, rumors, etc. This is my first time ever posting on here bc I have info I simply cannot contain. Bill Cowher has a deal in place with Buffalo for a one year deal for 7MM. I got this from a source in Buffalo that is close to Jim Kelly. Don't know if this is true, but this source has been correct in the past. My question: Is it a one year deal due to a potential of no NFL in 2011?? I find it odd, but thats what I was just told tonight by a person who is close to Jim Kelly. Yes, I'll get bashed for this. Just passing what I heard because this is too juicy not to let everyone know. And if it happens I better get mad props from everyone!! You heard it here first!! Go Bills!

Yeah, Sure just trying to stir the speculation pot! Have fun! I'm bored with this subject too as things aren't happening fast enough in this media intensive world we live in. If it were true what is one year going to do? Buffalo is a 2-3 year rebuilding job at best! If you are right, then my hat is off to you...but I'm not getting all warm & tingly with your rumor! <_<

I've watched for a few days what people were saying on this coaching subject. This is the most entertaining thread, thanks for the treat to the original poster. Haven't laughed this much in a good long time as a Bills fan.

Cowher to Buffalo = don't count on it.

Is it possible, sure, but then, so is winning the Super Bowl next season <_<

OK, I check this board all the time for updates, rumors, etc. This is my first time ever posting on here bc I have info I simply cannot contain. Bill Cowher has a deal in place with Buffalo for a one year deal for 7MM. I got this from a source in Buffalo that is close to Jim Kelly. Don't know if this is true, but this source has been correct in the past. My question: Is it a one year deal due to a potential of no NFL in 2011?? I find it odd, but thats what I was just told tonight by a person who is close to Jim Kelly. Yes, I'll get bashed for this. Just passing what I heard because this is too juicy not to let everyone know. And if it happens I better get mad props from everyone!! You heard it here first!! Go Bills!

Just when you thought...."The Bills cannot do any worse, there's absolutely no possible variable that can make this organization any worse than it already is.."

Well that is exactly what this would do. It would make the situation worse by a very very very large margin.

I pray to god, that this is total BS.