unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that if Bill Cowher had taken himself out of consideration, he would have said so, rather than leaving this to speculation. So far he has not made any public statement...that I know of.

I would not be suprised if he doesn't come to Buffalo - but I am still holding out hope that he is the guy.

This story was posted at 6:35am yesterday - long before it was reported by national media that the Bills were cutting ties with the staff....this might have some wheels to it.

Yeah, but it was apparently updated later to read "and that his insistence that he assemble and hire is entire coaching staff may have led to today's firings."

So the story may have been posted at 6:35 am yesterday, but what did it say about the firings at that time, if anything? My guess is nothing.

Yes Kelly and Tasker live in East Aurora but I highly doubt they would report it to the East Aurora town news to get it out

I'm certainly not saying it is true, but how do you know what contacts people have or what conversations somebody might be privy to? Just because it is not some big national guy breaking the news doesn't mean it is not true...

JOE LOGAN (1/4/2010 6:35:28 AM)

We have also learned that Bill Cowher will be in Buffalo tomorrow to discuss the position and that his insistence that he assemble and hire is entire coaching staff may have led to today's firings.

Sal Capaccio reported last week that Cowher had never told the Bills he wasn't interested in the job and said that talks had occurred. More recently reports have surfaced that Cowher has been lining up assistant coaches and will persue the Steeler's defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

Our source tell us to expect Cowher to make a decision by the end of next week and that the Bills and the Carolina Panthers are the only contenders

Just a thought guys...I remember some significance to the date Jan 15,2010 (Thurman?) Could it be the day that Kelly takes part ownership and Cowher becomes Coach? The end of next week is 1/15/2010. I guess we really won't know until the people actually involved tell us. But I am not giving up on Kelly convincing or already have convinced Cowher to Buffalo.

It will be interesting to see what Coach Sal has to say tonight, according to his twitter page he had not confirmed any of this and this am was the first he had seen of it....

That being said, I do believe that something has to be up. Cowher has been quick in the past to say he's not coming back, whether the 'Skins, Cowboys, Jets, or Browns over the past 3 seasons...this time he hasn't squelched anything yet and until it comes out of his or his agent's mouth...he is still out there

With TT and JK mentioning him repeatedly at the Nix conference, with the ribbing he was getting and the way he acted on CBS this past Sunday, reports that he was assembling a staff, how many times has a team fired it's entire staff?? Normally its just the HC that gets the ax - why would we dump April for instance unless signs are pointing to a HC hiring that doesnt want him?? What up and coming D or O coordinator will be able to assemble a coaching staff better than what we had? I find it interesting that the Bills say that they didn't fire them, but yet are allowing them to seek other opportunities without being blocked, but yet Jay Glazer maintains that the were pulled in a room all canned, boxes were waiting in the hall afterwards and they had until Wednesday to clean their offices out...Why Wednesday? Why not yesterday afternoon, today or Thursday or Friday?? Only Zorn was canned Washington and the new HC will interview the remaining coaching staff...Same happened here with MM and DJ....why the big house cleaning now? Could our incoming HC have a new staff all put together???

There are lots of open questions out there...no squelching from Cowher or his agent...Aside from rumors that started as of yesterday...not much has changed on the Cowher front other than Shefter and Mort....Glazer even disputes what Schfeter and Mort are reporting...TT said Jan 15th would be a big day for Bills football...last January Cowher signed a 1 year extention with CBS...I wonder when his contract is up? Could his contract have a if you leave to get back into coaching clause you must pay back $xxx? The divisional round of the playoffs start on Jan 16th....Does Cowher's contract keep him there throught he wildcard round of the playoffs?

Quick Edit:

last season this is what Cowher had to say on the the last sunday of the regular season in CBS...

At long last Cowher addressed his coaching future on CBS' studio show, his current home away from home:

"It's a privilege and an honor to be a head coach in the National Football League," Cowher said this morning. "And I have been flattered about the attention, but the timing right now is not right. I don't plan on coaching next year."

That prompted James Brown to ask: "You say the timing is not right, so that doesn't rule out a return to the sideline at all?"

Concluded Cowher: "No and I am taking it year-to-year. And let me say this, why would I leave a team that I know is going to a Super Bowl next year? Here's my team right here."

What did he say this year???

i get a kick that everyone is going gaga over a report in the east aurora news that cites Sal Capaccio as the source, all the while our beloved Dellaplle John has been citing Coach Sal for a while now and he gets laughed at repeatedly......same guy.....everyone needs to chill and wait...no sense worrying about that which you have no control over...the Bills will get it done

no sense worrying about that which you have no control over

As the great Mickey Rivers once said, "Ain't no sense worryin' 'bout things you got no control over, 'cause if you got no control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'. And ain't no sense worryin' 'bout things you GOT control over, 'cause if you got control over 'em, ain't no sense worryin'."

:lol:

Ray u should be camped out in front of cowhers home tracking his every move :-)

Am I a sick man for calling a friend at the Commercial Aviation Terminal at RDU to see if any private jets were heading to Buffalo today? My friend wasn't freaking there by the way.

:lol:

I don't how long before this thread gets killed - but that's ok.

I just did a search and found 26 threads started since Dec. 27th with "Cowher" in the thread title.

That doesn't count the numberous threads started with his name misspelled.

There are conflicting reports about Cowher.

From Buffalo Rumblings Twitter acct:

"Rumor has it BUF "spurned" Cowher on Monday. Rumor also has it he'll be in BUF Tuesday. Translation: no one knows what the hell's going on."

We'll have to wait and see. I am still hopeful it will be Cowher. For all the talk about Billick, he has confirmed numerous times that he has not spoken to the Bills and Schottenheimer said he has not spoken to Buddy Nix other than to leave him a congratulatory voicemail.

This is why we get so many theories and rumors. Anyone with a web server and internet access can post a rumor and talk about their "sources".

That said, I really wonder if something is up. Just don't believe anything until you see Cowher (or the next coach) at the podium with Ralph & Buddy.

dude, lighten the hell up , its called a prediction, we are allowed to have fun and make predictions, this is a message board, not the catholic church......get a life man

It's a prediction now? You stated it as FACT based on your sources at OBD for the last few days. You flip flop more than a politician running for office in New York State.

wtf, i am 9

Get real. Your not 9. Anyone who types and talks like you can not be 9. Plus your user profile says you are 25 going on 26.

OK, I check this board all the time for updates, rumors, etc. This is my first time ever posting on here bc I have info I simply cannot contain. Bill Cowher has a deal in place with Buffalo for a one year deal for 7MM. I got this from a source in Buffalo that is close to Jim Kelly. Don't know if this is true, but this source has been correct in the past. My question: Is it a one year deal due to a potential of no NFL in 2011?? I find it odd, but thats what I was just told tonight by a person who is close to Jim Kelly. Yes, I'll get bashed for this. Just passing what I heard because this is too juicy not to let everyone know. And if it happens I better get mad props from everyone!! You heard it here first!! Go Bills!

Welcome to my ignore list

Not sure if this has been posted yet in these threads...But looks like Fox is OK with returning to Carolina in 2010...At least he's saying he OK with not getting an extention right now...So the Carolina option may officially be dried up for Cowher...We'll see soon enough I guess...

Sorry if this Link has been Posted already...

Fox Link

I had heard the same reference to 2011, and that being the reason Cowher would even consider the Buffalo option at this point...he wants to coach now, not wait(potentially) until 2012......the deal in place part, I am in a wait and see mode....

Welcome to my ignore list

Whats with the sudden interest in Bill Cowher? is he sick or something? did I miss the news? I hope he recovers, as I would love to see the Bills take a run at him as coach...hey a guy can dream can't he?????

I really think Cawhler would be a great addition to this STACKED coaching division!