unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

It is truly amazing to watch Snyder just throw money at that team. He seems not to learn from his own mistakes. He does not want to accept that you can't buy a championship.

It helps that the Redskins generate more revenue than any other sports franchise.

This is why DS can throw money to coaches and FA that seemingly don't work out. Ralph and co. could learn a lot from Danny Boy.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowher and the Bills are playing a waiting game until Shannahan signs his deal to determine what the market value for a top notch football coach is.

It is being reported that Shannahan is going to get 10+ million to coach the skins. I would bet that Cowher would end up costing a franchise like the Bills a bit more than that. Thanks Dan Snyder.

Good point , but we are only two days beyond the end of the regular season.

Didn't Tampa announce today in a one sentence statement that they were rretaining the services of Raheem Moore?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/foot...s.ap/index.html

Carolina announced last week that Fox will be staying on. Certainly he may decide to walk but sounds like he wants to be back.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenc...self-being-back

doesn't look like Cowher has many options right now besides Buffalo. he's not going to Cleveland, but there's always Oakland. Sounds like Al Davis will fire Tom Cable next week and we all know that Al love to spend big money on high profile coaches.

OK, Cowler is from Carolina, (or is it his wife) so he want's to coach at "Home" Can understand that. But why go to a team where supposedly the owner is trying to sell, he just fired his own two kids this year, (or did they resign, can't recall which) but was under a bit of shady terms it seemed. He's trying to screw John Fox out of a years pay by playing games and trying to make the conditions so bad he'll resign to avoid paying him. Richardson isn't exaclty known as a big spender either.

The only two advantages Carolina seems to have is; it's home, and probably a better roster than the Bill's but also older, which in todays NFL doesn't take much to go from a vet team to over the hill.

So why would he run to Carolina if offered the job? Why is that job much better than Buffalo other than the reasons mentioned?

Ed, Cowher went to school at NC State here in Raleigh, his wife played on NCSU womens basketball team and is from eastern north carolina. Its just a 3:30 minute drive from raleigh to charlotte and many short flights a day. Yes the ownership in Carolina is in flux and may even be sold this year to a bunch of Bank of America Execs etc. and the prospect of new owners with connections to Cowher has been speculated alot in these parts. I like John Fox and wanted him in Buffalo but his recent DC hire was old Colts DC and a major mistake. They have a decent young QB that looked good at end of season, a decent line and defense in place. I think one thing Cowher has to decide is does he think he can rebuild a franchise like Buffalo or would he rather just right a ship in Carolina. Alot more unknowns in Buffalo but from my view a bigger challenge is what I would be shooting for.

OK, Cowler is from Carolina, (or is it his wife) so he want's to coach at "Home" Can understand that. But why go to a team where supposedly the owner is trying to sell, he just fired his own two kids this year, (or did they resign, can't recall which) but was under a bit of shady terms it seemed. He's trying to screw John Fox out of a years pay by playing games and trying to make the conditions so bad he'll resign to avoid paying him. Richardson isn't exaclty known as a big spender either.

The only two advantages Carolina seems to have is; it's home, and probably a better roster than the Bill's but also older, which in todays NFL doesn't take much to go from a vet team to over the hill.

So why would he run to Carolina if offered the job? Why is that job much better than Buffalo other than the reasons mentioned?

That's what I want to know... what makes the Buffalo such a miserable job that even hot coordinator don't want ot come here? People talk like the team needs a complete overahaul; the Bills are in bad shape? OK, name one team with a top ten draft pick that just fired their coach, that doesn't have lots of holes to fill. Who's the great QB in Tampa? Or Carolina? or Cleveland? I think someone's going to come to Buffalo and is going to look really good when this team turns around pretty wuick next year.

Cowher and the Bills are playing a waiting game until Shannahan signs his deal to determine what the market value for a top notch football coach is.

It is being reported that Shannahan is going to get 10+ million to coach the skins. I would bet that Cowher would end up costing a franchise like the Bills a bit more than that. Thanks Dan Snyder.

It is truly amazing to watch Snyder just throw money at that team. He seems not to learn from his own mistakes. He does not want to accept that you can't buy a championship.

Isn't 10+ million what the Bills were said to be offering? It was okay then, wasn't it?

According to that article, roughly $7mill. If so, either Buffalo's $10mill was wrong; or Shanny is completely nuts. Maybe both.

the $7 million is what DENVER is paying him.......it does NOT say what washington is paying. ( it does suggest it is close to same, tho)

the $7 million is what DENVER is paying him.......it does NOT say what washington is paying. ( it does suggest it is close to same, tho)

I read it as Shanahan getting $7M a year for the first 3 years. Didn't Buffalo offer $10M???? WTF, man. :thumbsup:

PTR

Holmgren is looking to hire John Fox. If that happens, and possibly via a trade, then Holmgren is all but gone.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...ic_mangini.html

Just to be clear, as is stated in the article, that is pure speculation.

"There is also increasing speculation that Carolina coach John Fox could switch teams and be Holmgren's top choice as Browns coach."

Definitely an interesting scenario unfolding here.

Worst case is that the Bills don't pay up and Cowher goes another direction if he hasn't already. Those pricks he works with on CBS don't respect Buffalo. I could sense Marino's sarcasm on Sunday when he was suggesting that Cowher would be right back at the anchor desk next year because of the lack of quality openings this year.

Best case scenario is that the Bills pay up for Cowher and his all star cast and he comes in with guns blazing, kicks the crap out of this roster, wins some tough games with young talented players, earns back the Bills credibility, and puts it in the face of all the doubters out there in the national media guru circle. :thumbsup:

ya and that is for 2 years, so Shanny gets $3.5M per year from Denver, not counting what Washington pays him. I could see Mr. Snyder paying $6.5M per year for 2 years and some option on a 3rd. We really don't know what the market is yet.

Where is Bill Cowher today?

Shanny and DC already made the market, let's get this deal done by the eow -- if not let him walk his dog and wait for Carolina to open

I'm starting to think it's time to move on and start interviewing coordinators who are actually motivated to be the coach. If Cowher is waiting for the market to be set, it sounds to me like he's just waiting for a good offer instead of an opportunity.

OK, I check this board all the time for updates, rumors, etc. This is my first time ever posting on here bc I have info I simply cannot contain. Bill Cowher has a deal in place with Buffalo for a one year deal for 7MM. I got this from a source in Buffalo that is close to Jim Kelly. Don't know if this is true, but this source has been correct in the past. My question: Is it a one year deal due to a potential of no NFL in 2011?? I find it odd, but thats what I was just told tonight by a person who is close to Jim Kelly. Yes, I'll get bashed for this. Just passing what I heard because this is too juicy not to let everyone know. And if it happens I better get mad props from everyone!! You heard it here first!! Go Bills!

That is total B.S. No coach,especially an established coach is going to sign a one year contract. Most good coaches, even jacked up ones like Jauron, don't even go into the last year of their contract, without signing an extension. It is unsubstantiated rumors like this that downgrade the creditability of this board and others like it.