unsubstantiated rumors thread: COWER TO BUFFALO!!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone needs to calm down. Remember the past is the best predictor of the future. Let's look at Ralph's last 4 head coaches:

Wade Phillips (pretty good)

Gregg Williams (pretty bad)

Mike Mularkey (so, so, but not as bad as some made him out to be)

Dick Juaron (very very bad)

2/4 were former head coaches, the other 2 promising coordinators at the time. 4/4 came cheap. I'd love to get cowher or Schottenheimer, I just won't believe it until I see it. The Bills will probably end up settling on a candiate who was probably #4 or #5 on their original wish list.

Shanahan who they already met with said no. Looks like Cowher is saying no. Was Schottenheimer asked? Maybe, if so he said no. Gruden said no.

The Bills under the control of Ralph Wilson are a joke, let's face it Bills fans. Until Ralph moves on from his hobby of ruining Bills fans lives we are all screwed.

what happens when this 13 yr old basement dweller is right and Cowher comes to Buffalo? Will we all have to dress in that peter pan costume? Will the English language be forever changed to poor grammer, bad spelling, and talking like it's a 16 year-olds text message? My God... I hope this kid goes back to what I was doing at thirteen on the internet...come to think of it, that Peter Pan guy familiar if the lights were only a little more dim!

Jim Kelly is the source.

This is actually believeable. Listen to how Kelly pronounces Cowher's name at 3:05 in this video:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...b0-bf425b721369

If you're some random writer for a local-yokle newspaper, and you've never heard of Cowher before, it's possible to mess this up if you only listened to Kelly.

Meh, Cowher, Billick, makes no difference to me, they're both far better coaches than we've had in a LONG time.

And how can you go wrong when BOTH of them have "BILL" in their name?

Sorry, Schottenheimer. We ain't the Buffalo Marty's. You lose.

I hope this is true for the sake of the team and the fans. I wonder if pride plays a factor in a new HC determining if he will sign with us. The pride of knowing you could turn around a team like the Bill's would be a great accomplishment. Go get him Ralph.

At this rate, he won't be coaching until 2012. The threat of a lockout in 2011 is VERY real and a big reason why teams aren't making HC'ing changes like they otherwise would have done. And after 5 years away from the game, his value diminishes greatly.

There are conflicting reports about Cowher.

From Buffalo Rumblings Twitter acct:

"Rumor has it BUF "spurned" Cowher on Monday. Rumor also has it he'll be in BUF Tuesday. Translation: no one knows what the hell's going on."

We'll have to wait and see. I am still hopeful it will be Cowher. For all the talk about Billick, he has confirmed numerous times that he has not spoken to the Bills and Schottenheimer said he has not spoken to Buddy Nix other than to leave him a congratulatory voicemail.

"Rumor has it BUF "spurned" Cowher on Monday. Rumor also has it he'll be in BUF Tuesday. Translation: no one knows what the hell's going on."

We'll have to wait and see. I am still hopeful it will be Cowher. For all the talk about Billick, he has confirmed numerous times that he has not spoken to the Bills and Schottenheimer said he has not spoken to Buddy Nix other than to leave him a congratulatory voicemail.

Right, but let's keep posting every single rumor out there. Someone's got to be right eventually...

I have a hard time believing the "spurned" story. When were they supposed to have a big meeting with Cowher? After they fired all the coaches but before the interviewed their Rooney candidate?

Jim Kelly and Steve Tasker live in East Aurora, maybe Kelly leaked some info or Tasker who is in broadcasting wanted to get the scoop out.

Yes Kelly and Tasker live in East Aurora but I highly doubt they would report it to the East Aurora town news to get it out