FSU RB Trey Benson To Visit Bills

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

very interesting and unexpected IMO

RB room isn't set yet. We have Cook, and Johnson is more a RB3/ST guy IMO. Then we have Evans who should be competing with Johnson. Other than that we need a compliment to Cook in the Murray/Harris role IMO.

Big with big play explosive ability. But I've seen him mocked late 2nd to early 3rd and hoping a RB isn't coming that early with perspective needs at WR, EDGE and Safety. 

Still if he slipped to round 4 he would be a really nice pairing with Cook IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

It’s a visit… people will act like they are gong to draft him at 28 and jump off cliffs 

I think more people than not understand that the Bills bring in guys for visits that are possible 1st round picks as well as later round picks. Look back over the years and it's pretty normal for them to bring in middle round guys as well for visits.

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This guy absolutely jumps off the screen anytime you watch FSU.

He's likely the first RB off the board, that said I don't want the Bills to take him as happy with Cook as a #1 and adding a mid to late RB2 with size. Isaiah Davis is one of my late favorites. 

• Like (+1) 2

We met with Audric Estime at the Combine as well. I think we are looking for a guy who fits that power back type of mold. Benson does run with power. We'd have to spend a 2nd on him though and I can't see it. 

• Agree 1

This is an extremely weak RB class and these guys will go higher than they should due to lack of depth / talent 

To me we should wait until next year once we have Cook figured out so we know what he is. Plus next years RB class is absolutely STACKED. 

Not the year to go RB 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

This is an extremely weak RB class and these guys will go higher than they should due to lack of depth / talent 

To me we should wait until next year once we have Cook figured out so we know what he is. Plus next years RB class is absolutely STACKED. 

Not the year to go RB 

Personally, if they went this route in round 3 or below, I wouldn't mind.  I still have concerns about Cook's hands and ball security.  Plus, with the way we rotate out backs, he could easily be an early contributor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Benson looks like an animal and if you let him get going he will punish you. He has to get up to speed though and that is his main problem is his vision is average at best.

He also runs extremely high for being built like a brick house. Wish he would lower his pads more but he does have breakaway ability and is a pretty good pass catcher out of the backfield.

The thing Bills fans haven't been discussing much and probably aren't ready for is this:

Joe Brady showed last season that he'd prefer the Bills to feature the run more than they did under Dorsey and Daboll. Their neutral down run rate was much higher under Brady than Dorsey.

With this being the case, and with the fact that they're likely gonna need to lean on the run game even more in the absence of Diggs and Davis, and considering that Cook and Johnson are currently the only viable backs on the roster...

There is every possibility that the Bills will use a decent draft pick on a running back this year. I'm not saying it's what I would do. I'd be happy to sign a veteran to a one year deal, spend a 7th round pick on one, or sign an undrafted free agent. But in all likelihood, with Brady's proclivity for featuring the run game and with Cook being a smaller back, we may be looking at yet another day two running back addition via the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Benson looks like an animal and if you let him get going he will punish you. He has to get up to speed though and that is his main problem is his vision is average at best.

He also runs extremely high for being built like a brick house. Wish he would lower his pads more but he does have breakaway ability and is a pretty good pass catcher out of the backfield.

Well, I like Braelon Allen, but I don't think there's much chance he is available when we might think about taking a RB.

And I like Kendall Milton late, though he also has an upright running style.

8 hours ago, DJB said:

Not the year to go RB 

Yes, OLine early over RB every damn day. Take as many day 3 shots on RB as you want but please no more premium picks on RB

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Sounds like Cook except for his brick house stature

Benson is a true three down back. Have seen him play many times. He's good enough to build your offense around him. Similar to Cleveland's Chubb.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:11 AM, H2o said:

We met with Audric Estime at the Combine as well. I think we are looking for a guy who fits that power back type of mold. Benson does run with power. We'd have to spend a 2nd on him though and I can't see it. 

I think Estime is a realistic option. He is a bull with burst (if not long speed). Had a lousy combine and will likely drop in the draft. Fourth or fifth maybe.

• Agree 2

At least one online source rates him as a 3rd rounder, where Buffalo lacks any picks.  They would have to like him well enough to trade away draft capital to get back into the third round.  

Use our 1st round pick to trade back and also get another pick. Get our WR with that trade back.  Use the additional pick to trade back up into the 3rd Rnd and grab this guy. I could be happy with that. Two studs to add to the offense. Use the rest of the draft to beef up the D. Beane has a lot of options. I don't think he's going to be willing to give up a bunch of draft capital just for one WR when there will be good ones into the 2nd round.

22 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Use our 1st round pick to trade back and also get another pick. Get our WR with that trade back.  Use the additional pick to trade back up into the 3rd Rnd and grab this guy. I could be happy with that. Two studs to add to the offense. Use the rest of the draft to beef up the D. Beane has a lot of options. I don't think he's going to be willing to give up a bunch of draft capital just for one WR when there will be good ones into the 2nd round.

if we trade down from 28,  we better be getting at least a 3rd. If it’s more than a few spots, another 2nd.  Commanders and Panthers both have multiple 2nd’s.

I doubt Beane will trade down unless it’s a really good deal for us.  Like  28, 128, 163, late pick next year  for  39 & 44 (Carolina) 

• Agree 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:11 PM, H2o said:

I like the player but can you imagine if we spent another day 2 pick on a RB?  😂 that would be brutal.  Motor, Moss, Cook and now again?  Awe hell naw!!

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like the player but can you imagine if we spent another day 2 pick on a RB?  😂 that would be brutal.  Motor, Moss, Cook and now again?  Awe hell naw!!

what about trading Cook for a pick to take Benson?  Cook is a good player, but he’s not a reliable pass blocker, has really poor timed drops and the staff doesn’t use him inside the 10.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what about trading Cook for a pick to take Benson?  Cook is a good player, but he’s not a reliable pass blocker, has really poor timed drops and the staff doesn’t use him inside the 10.  

Benson has been terrible is pass protection.  I guess it just depends what we got for Cook.  I would think the most we’d get for him is a 4th.  If that’s the case, I’d pass and keep cook.  

If we could trade cook for a 2nd, I’d do that in a heartbeat. Trading a non elite RB with 2 years of his rookie contract in the books is a no brainer all day every day.  I love cook and I think he’s a stud.  He may be top 5 RB in the league, but I don’t see him as elite atm.  The dropped passes and fumbles have been crushing.  

I really like Benson.  Possible star for sure.  His style of play scares me though.  So much contact.  So many more opportunities for injury 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don't want a RB in the 2nd for sure, but I would be good with Estime in the 4th :thumbsup:

• Agree 1