Dobbins currently in KC

Dobbins, 25, missed all but one game last season with the Baltimore Ravens after suffering a torn Achilles in Week 1. That came on the heels of Dobbins missing the entire 2021 season with a torn ACL and nine games during the 2022 campaign due to a different knee injury.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ugh, this would stink

Mods can move to FA tracker post. Couldn't find it. That'd be a lethal 1-2 punch with Pacheco, if JK stays healthy. Was hoping we gave him a look as well...

People and their RB draft crushes.   Dude is always hurt.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

Dobbins doesn't move the needle that much to a team like KC.  They were effective with Mckinnon and CEH ran hard (although he, like Dobbins, has been underwhelming since coming into the league).

Dobbins, with several injuries to his body over the last few years.... I dont think he matters much if he goes to KC.

26 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Dobbins, 25, missed all but one game last season with the Baltimore Ravens after suffering a torn Achilles in Week 1. That came on the heels of Dobbins missing the entire 2021 season with a torn ACL and nine games during the 2022 campaign due to a different knee injury.

They’re hoping to rehabilitate his career like they did with McKinnon’s. He’s a lot younger than McKinnon too. 

Prediction: All of the people dismissing him and saying he's always hurt (as if an ACL tear and an Achilles tear aren't both freak accidents that can happen to anyone) now are going to be the first ones saying "why didn't Beane sign this guy?! He was asleep at the wheel!" next season when Dobbins stays healthy, resuscitates his career, and proves to still be a dynamic weapon in the run game.

Yes, I'm still a Dobbins supporter and believer. Yes, I realize that achilles injuries are hard to come back from for football players. Yes, I wish the Bills would sign Dobbins to a cheap, incentive-laden deal.

Unless Dobbins wants big money, this seems like an obvious low-risk, high-reward move that I wish Beane would make. The Chiefs seem to be doing a lot of the low-risk, high-reward stuff lately: Araiza, the rugby star they signed once the kickoff rule changed, and now potentially Dobbins. When the financial cost isn't high, I believe that it behooves a team to take calculated risks. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Good.  Hopefully they use some cap room on him

Just now, Logic said:

Prediction: All of the people dismissing him and saying he's always hurt (as if an ACL tear and an Achilles tear aren't both freak accidents that can happen to anyone) now are going to be the first ones saying "why didn't Beane sign this guy?! He was asleep at the wheel!" next season when Dobbins stays healthy, resuscitates his career, and proves to still be a dynamic weapon in the run game.

Yes, I'm still a Dobbins supporter and believer. Yes, I realize that achilles injuries are hard to come back from for football players. Yes, I wish the Bills would sign Dobbins to a cheap, incentive-laden deal.

Unless Dobbins wants big money, this seems like an obvious low-risk, high-reward move that I wish Beane would make. The Chiefs seem to be doing a lot of the low-risk, high-reward stuff lately: Araiza, the rugby star they signed once the kickoff rule changed, and now potentially Dobbins. When the financial cost isn't high, I believe that it behooves a team to take calculated risks. 

I said it and I’ll never say that.  

• Like (+1) 1

Oh god is this going to be one of those annoying Isaiah Hodgins things (seriously Hodgins lovers, tell me one thing he did that necessitated all the anger) where he’s going to rush for 40 yards and a touchdown and there will be endless threads on how the Bills missed out?

52 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ugh, this would stink

Mods can move to FA tracker post. Couldn't find it. That'd be a lethal 1-2 punch with Pacheco, if JK stays healthy. Was hoping we gave him a look as well...

I hope they sign him. Frees up CEH who I would rather have as a possible vet RB2 in Joe Brady's offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I hope they sign him. Frees up CEH who I would rather have as a possible vet RB2 in Joe Brady's offense. 

Why would you want CEH?  Nice guy, but ever since he got injured his rookie season he’s been JAG at best. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People and their RB draft crushes.   Dude is always hurt.  

The problem is, when he isn't hurt he's among the very best in football.  

Pacheco and Dobbins is a worrisome 1-2.  

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

Why would you want CEH?  Nice guy, but ever since he got injured his rookie season he’s been JAG at best. 

Fair question.

I feel like he still has some upside. The things he still does do well would mesh really nicely in our offense. I think he can handle being the head of a committee for a week or two should Cook miss a bit of time. 

He's also had big game NFL experience, which IMO is something that you can't replicate. The moment won't be too big for him should his number be called. He's not likely to every be a superstar, but he's a "steady Eddie" that could/should be inexpensive. He does lend some versatility.

I also believe that because of his former draft status some look down on his ability and he's much more solid a player than given credit for. A change of scenery would do him some good.

• Like (+1) 1

Absolutely loved Dobbins pre draft I thought he could have been a stud, but all these injuries have been catastrophic and he’s not the same guy. 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like lusting for RB's is for people who don't know ball.

They're one of the lowest paid positions on the field. 

If it's a top 3 guy like McCaffrey, Henry, or Jacobs, I might get a little excited. Actually ... I wouldn't even get very excited about Jacobs.

Everybody else is Meh.

Do I care if we get Zeke or Dobbins or roll with Ty Johnson (a guy on the waiver wire all through training camp last year) as RB2?

Not really. Same for KC. Don't care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Pacheco and Dobbins is a worrisome 1-2.  

maybe. he had a decent rookie season cracked the top 20 in yards. 

Ravens, the #1 rushing team, were hot to let him go....

• Like (+1) 1

If Dobbins has even 1 successful season post achilles tear, he'll be the first RB in NFL history to do so. Add in the knee issues, and I see very small odds that he is ever somebody we need to worry about for the Chiefs.

Here's what happened post-achilles to the recent RBs who've come back. This is a couple years old, you can add Marlon Mack & Cam Akers to the list who have also flamed out.

he7f3ucfxgc71.thumb.webp.69983eb0baf30eb181f213fe7d00e116.webp

• Thank you (+1) 1

Doesn't really matter.  KC will be in the AFC title game again, at the very least, with or without him.  He doesn't really move the needle much for them as far as they relate to the Bills and our inability to beat them when it matters.

Dobbins isn't a needle mover due to his injury history. If a good organization like Baltimore moves on from you at age 25 due to injury it's probably a sign the player isn't worth investing in. Kick the tires on him but not likely to do much. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Fair question.

I feel like he still has some upside. The things he still does do well would mesh really nicely in our offense. I think he can handle being the head of a committee for a week or two should Cook miss a bit of time. 

He's also had big game NFL experience, which IMO is something that you can't replicate. The moment won't be too big for him should his number be called. He's not likely to every be a superstar, but he's a "steady Eddie" that could/should be inexpensive. He does lend some versatility.

I also believe that because of his former draft status some look down on his ability and he's much more solid a player than given credit for. A change of scenery would do him some good.

That’s a good point. I’m going to tell Veach to re-sign him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like lusting for RB's is for people who don't know ball.

They're one of the lowest paid positions on the field. 

If it's a top 3 guy like McCaffrey, Henry, or Jacobs, I might get a little excited. Actually ... I wouldn't even get very excited about Jacobs.

Everybody else is Meh.

Do I care if we get Zeke or Dobbins or roll with Ty Johnson (a guy on the waiver wire all through training camp last year) as RB2?

Not really. Same for KC. Don't care.

I mean I kinda agree but Pacheco for example was a huge reason they won a chip. 

Elite backs can make a massive difference to an offense.. 

I agree, they're low on the totem pole for an offense, but if you have an elite RB or 2 , they can make a huge difference in your playoff run

3 hours ago, 947 said:

If Dobbins has even 1 successful season post achilles tear, he'll be the first RB in NFL history to do so. Add in the knee issues, and I see very small odds that he is ever somebody we need to worry about for the Chiefs.

Here's what happened post-achilles to the recent RBs who've come back. This is a couple years old, you can add Marlon Mack & Cam Akers to the list who have also flamed out.

he7f3ucfxgc71.thumb.webp.69983eb0baf30eb181f213fe7d00e116.webp

Adrian Peterson, won an MVP after

Jamal Charles was a top back after ,But ya it's rare

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

1) The problem is that he has played in only 24 of 67 potential regular season games in his NFL career.........and left a bunch of those injured, not to return.   

Among the very best?  IS he though?    He had some exceptional ypc in Greg Roman's offense but we witnessed a fading Shady and journeymen Karlos and Gilleslee all feast with league high type ypc figures under Roman.

Personally,  I think there is every reason to expect JK Dobbins to be washed after that myriad of injuries..........but even if you feel he's good to go you gotta' start by adjusting his ypc down about 20%.    Look at Gus Edwards last year.   Gus went from averaging over 5 yards per carry for his career under Roman to a sub-league-average 4.1.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I mean I kinda agree but Pacheco for example was a huge reason they won a chip. 

Elite backs can make a massive difference to an offense.. 

I agree, they're low on the totem pole for an offense, but if you have an elite RB or 2 , they can make a huge difference in your playoff run

Adrian Peterson, won an MVP after

Jamal Charles was a top back after ,But ya it's rare

Pacheco is a really nice player, but he isn’t elite.  As for Peterson and Charles, those were ACL injuries, not achilles.

Edited by Billl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

When we're creating a fear thread for a Free Agent Running Back, who's played 9 games in 2 years, simply *visiting* the Chiefs, on a Bills board - the Chiefs obsession has gotten out of control. 

You forgot punter threads too! 😀

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

Pacheco is a really nice player, but he isn’t elite.  As for Peterson and Charles, those were ACL injuries, not achilles.

What's the difference? 

Honestly don't know, I'm terrible with medical stuff but always thought ACL meant a torn achilles 

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Everyone can sleep easy again about Dobbins and CEH

I like it only cause i think CEH is trash

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Ty Johnson > Dobbins at this point in time. 

• Agree 2