Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Highly disagree. If the Bills quit playing scared and scored 30 points per game who is going to stop them?

I would imagine any worthwhile DE attacking from Josh's blindside; since we let a 3x Pro Bowl LT (who is responsible for protecting our most valuable player ever during his tenure) go for whatever reason

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I mean, what was the point of that stupid post other than to stir ***** up?

There is no point. They *want* to get fans stirred up.

Then other fans will say "why read into players tweets?"

To which I respond "they are doing it on purpose. They WANT us to read into it"

• Agree 1

Don't understand extending Dawkins. Obviously I don't have all the contract details. I'm sure it saves them cap this year. I just wouldn't tie my hands to him for that many years. He's been up and down for the last few years and has never been elite. 

That said he has mostly been healthy and many LTs play well into their 30's. 

Hope it was the right move and I will give Beane benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

I would imagine any worthwhile DE attacking from Josh's blindside; since we let a 3x Pro Bowl LT (who is responsible for protecting our most valuable player ever during his tenure) go for whatever reason

This thread started with everyone thinking Dion was gone because we had a suitable replacement. Now everyone is like thank God he's staying lol. If they did cut or trade him everyone would have been fine with it and if we kept him everyone is fine with it. It almost seems like nobody has their own brain and just go along with whatever the Bills decide to do!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Don't understand extending Dawkins. Obviously I don't have all the contract details. I'm sure it saves them cap this year. I just wouldn't tie my hands to him for that many years. He's been up and down for the last few years and has never been elite. 

Hope it was the right move and I will give Beane benefit of the doubt on this one.

I expect in his final years he could kick inside to guard as well, but hopefully not for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This thread started with everyone thinking Dion was gone because we had a suitable replacement. Now everyone is like thank God he's staying lol. If they did cut or trade him everyone would have been fine with it and if we kept him everyone is fine with it. It almost seems like nobody has their own brain and just go along with whatever the Bills decide to do!

Fair. I honestly only clicked the link because of the update.

My feelings towards the situation are/were basically it would've been stupid to get rid of him for whatever reason some fans could come up with. 

I also fall into the category of those who don't invest much time into dissecting social media banter. 

I get Jason Peters flashbacks when the thought of not keeping pro bowl caliber talent at LT is the subject.

Apologies as my response wasn't given with the proper context or understanding of your logic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

And, again, what I said is true. The post was stupid and done for no other reason than to stir up *****.

You are not wrong.  And then you have the self righteous piling on to proclaim how “foolish” you are to even question it.  Give me a break.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I listened to a lot of Dion’s zoom call with reporters.  Good stuff.  The guy just loves to say over the top stuff but he’s living his best life and clearly loves Buffalo, the fans, McD, Beane and the Pegula family.

After he said “like” for the 1,000th time i had to bail though.

So Dion will come to training camp overweight and fans will be mad

Come September he’s going to let up a sack and we will all be raging 

By January we will all be in love with him again.

It’s the Schnowball effect 

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

chances are good

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

You left out where he comes into camp extremely overweight and unconditioned. During the first few games, we are to be ok with the left side giving up speed pressures and sacks, because that’s how left tackles do it in the NFL… they lose 15 lbs a week with the inability to keep on weight, so they should show up at 350 plus to barely be above 275 by seasons end. 

Here's what's Dion. .. The young man doesn't talk like a tough guy. He likes to keep ***** light. .. This goes against many people's image of an NFL O lineman, (or player in general) including mine. But I think he gets it and enjoys the life he has. ..... I used to wish he would come across with more intensity but I got over it. .... He's pretty humble and lets his play speak while improving every year. .... NOW GET US A RING DUDE

Listened to some of the interview today after the resigning. Told you all that he was just being a douche and playing with people. He even came out and said in the interview he needed to get on and mess with people before it was announced. Called himself an “entertainer” he’s just a stupid @$$hole. 

but whatever, is what it is, he’ll retire a Bill and make so many people happy. I just hope he stays away from the buffets in the off-seasons. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Prospector said:

You left out where he comes into camp extremely overweight and unconditioned. During the first few games, we are to be ok with the left side giving up speed pressures and sacks, because that’s how left tackles do it in the NFL… they lose 15 lbs a week with the inability to keep on weight, so they should show up at 350 plus to barely be above 275 by seasons end. 

Dawkins has never failed a conditioning test at training camp

You might not like how his body looks

By the Buffalo Bills conditioning tests and standards he has never been out of condition despite how he looks... 

We get it you don't like him

He's in the top seven for sacks allowed in the last 5 years.. he doesn't get burned all the time 

And you are grossly misinterpreting what I said a few weeks ago... Which was that offensive and defensive lineman can and do lose weight during training camp... The ones at their ideal weight use the nutritionist to healthily replenish everything... The ones trying to lose some weight.. lose 1-2 pounds a practice and replenish everything else

I 100% said players  replenish ... But not every player is at their ideal weight.. it doesn't mean they're out of condition if they can pass there test

Some come in at at 350 and slim down to 330... Some come in at 330 and slim down to 315.. it's an issue if they cannot move and cannot pass the conditioning test

It's been happening forever with bigger guys... I compared it to a boxer cutting weight and getting ready for a fight

It's a huge problem if you come overweight and you fail conditioning tests... Dion hasn't failed a TC conditioning test 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I'm sure we'll get our annual Dion is fat thread at some point.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:50 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not a popular opinion but there are at least two of us!  I would have let his deal play out vs pay him top 5 money.  He is a good player, even better person and always available.   But not a top 5 player, there is my beef.  He had the leverage to push for that with PB's and time missed but the Bills could have just let it play out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Dion Dawkins extension details:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/dion-dawkins-21805/

Saves about §6M this year.

Cap hits:

2024 - $11.5M

2025 - $20M

2026 - $23M

2027 - $23M

+ 2 void years with total dead cap of $4.6M

Looking much more like a 2-3 year deal with those numbers and dead caps. Gives us 3 full seasons to get another LT.

I'll be SHOCKED if he plays on that 2027 number.