Do we make a play for Chris Jones?

Einstein

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WHAT MONEY

They didn’t tell you about your pay cut? I’m sorry, HR was supposed to be in touch. 

Let’s draft our own superstars. They are cheaper that way. 

with what money?

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have 23m in cap space without touching Pat's deal again and the ability to use the tag. I am pretty sure Jones will be a Chief in 2024. I think it is more likely they move on from Kelce than Jones.

Maybe...but I think there are still some residual hard feelings from the Jones camp on the lengths they had to go to even get a "decent" deal for him.  I doubt they take that discount again.

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

The real Super Bowl MVP was Chris Jones. Not Mahomes.

He is also an unrestricted free agent, and the Chiefs refused to give him a long term deal next season.

It would take a lot of moving money around, but do you make a play for the game changing stud?

29, plus Sportrac says he's worth about 28MIL/yr.   Pass. 

Can we pay him a grand to make sure he ends up in the NFC though? :)

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have 23m in cap space without touching Pat's deal again and the ability to use the tag. I am pretty sure Jones will be a Chief in 2024. I think it is more likely they move on from Kelce than Jones.

I mean sure, that'd even make sense keeping something you know is working, but that does mean there's even more holes on offense they've got to fill.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

If KC had put a QB on the field who was equivalent to Purdy, then SF would’ve easily walked away with the win. Mahomes was the difference between a not very close loss and a very close win. 

Mahomes was the MVP of the last drive, not the entire game.

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean sure, that'd even make sense keeping something you know is working, but that does mean there's even more holes on offense they've got to fill.

I wasn't saying they will move on from Kelce. If he still wants to play he will be a Chief. But I think they'd be more willing to move on from him than Jones. 

Well they are most likely not going to franchise him because that is likely to go to Sneed who would make absolute bank on the open market. 

Id put it as likely that Jones hits the open market. He didn’t give the Chiefs a sweetheart deal last year and I’m sure he has the same mindset this year to be the 2nd highest paid DT after Donald 

Do we even have the cap space to sign him. I think the Bills will try and sign some of their own FA. Otherwise, I don't expect any major moves in FA this year. 

Edited by Gregg

Would be a wet dream come true for Bills fans but not possible.

Even though the Chiefs are projected to have a lot more money than the Bills they also aren't likely going to be able to keep him for obvious reasons....because Jones is about to become the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Just hope he goes to a team that doesn't have the greatest HC or QB, but as long as he leaves KC it's a start...

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Mahomes was the MVP of the last drive, not the entire game.

KC scored on their last four drives and on five of their last six. Seems to me like Mahomes dialed it in before OT. And he did it with a far inferior supporting cast compared to what Purdy was working with. 

Edited by BarleyNY

43 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

KC scored on their last four drives and on five of their last six. Seems to me like Mahomes dialed it in before OT. And he did it with a far inferior supporting cast compared to what Purdy was working with. 

Yeah, Mahomes got them into field goal range several times, and benefitted from a turnover on a punt which put them in the red zone.

Both defenses yesterday put on a great show. They were the stars last night.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, Mahomes got them into field goal range several times, and benefitted from a turnover on a punt which put them in the red zone.

Both defenses yesterday put on a great show. They were the stars last night.

Sure the defenses were very good, but my points about the QBs and supporting casts stand. Mahomes got the job done with a far inferior supporting cast. If KC had a Purdy level QB, then I doubt they score double digits. If the 49ers had a Mahomes level QB along with Kittle, Debo, Aiyuk and CMC, then they win easily.

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Sure the defenses were very good, but my points about the QBs and supporting casts stand. Mahomes got the job done with a far inferior supporting cast. If KC had a Purdy level QB, then I doubt they score double digits. If the 49ers had a Mahomes level QB along with Kittle, Debo, Aiyuk and CMC, then they win easily.

That's a lot of hypothetical.

I stand by what I saw. Both QB's had a difficult time because of two strong defenses last night.

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That's a lot of hypothetical.

I stand by what I saw. Both QB's had a difficult time because of two strong defenses last night.

No argument from me that there were two strong defenses. I’m just saying that the two QBs were working with very different qualities of supporting casts and the one with the far weaker one performed much better.

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Today is the day that I learned that Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski are the same age.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hope he leaves the Chiefs .. but I’ll believe it when it happens 

Same but I do think the chances are very high he's played his last game as a Chief because he's made it clear he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history and he's turning 30 in the offseason so this is his one and only big shot and grabbing the bag so to speak. And quite frankly he's not just another name, he has the resume and showed up big time this year and in the playoffs when it mattered most.

Chiefs would have to franchise him to stay which means Jones could just sit out and then do nothing when he finally is forced to play out the rest of the season so he can be an UFA again in 2025. I don't think he has any interest in making history with a 3peat and all that.

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Same but I do think the chances are very high he's played his last game as a Chief because he's made it clear he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in NFL history and he's turning 30 in the offseason so this is his one and only big shot and grabbing the bag so to speak. And quite frankly he's not just another name, he has the resume and showed up big time this year and in the playoffs when it mattered most.

Chiefs would have to franchise him to stay which means Jones could just sit out and then do nothing when he finally is forced to play out the rest of the season so he can be an UFA again in 2025. I don't think he has any interest in making history with a 3peat and all that.

I think the Bears need someone to keep blockers off of Edmunds, and they have some space. Git 'er done Buddy!

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Poor Mahomes with his All-World Tight End able to match up against backup for the second time in three games. 

Along with a good young WR in Rashee Rice … who is basically what Diggs regressed to last half of the season. 

• Dislike 1

Aaron Donald would be a more realistic option. But that’s not happening either.

Oliver was borderline All-Pro for good stretches of the season. Hopefully DQ can be brought back.

maybe you get lucky and can draft the beast from Texas in Round 2

If not, DT in 3 or 4. Eli Ankou, a cheap vet. You’re fine there. I guess.

KC has a huge DT that was on their PS and played fairly well when given the chance. I’d try to get him.  Mike Pennel? I think is the name?

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.