Report: Alex Van Pelt to be Patriots OC

Keep an eye on the Patriots. There's rumors of trading for Justin Fields and trading down for more picks. There's also the possibility of Eliot Wolf taking over as GM there. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to Report: Alex Van Pelt to be Patriots OC
2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Keep an eye on the patriots. There's rumors of trading for Justin Fields and trading down for more picks. There's also the possibility of Eliot Wolf taking over as GM there. 

I'm more interested as to which of their FAs they sign. Would LOVE Kyle Dugger to end up on the market and signed by Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Westside said:

I hope fields goes to NE. 

The Bears have shown themselves to be idiots drafting. They may dump Fields for a high 3rd and draft a QB in Caleb Williams that is setting off alarm bells among scouts for being the next Johnny Manziel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What do you think of Justin Fields throwing to Marvin Harrison Jr?

Bears would be fools to not end up with Harrison in this draft. They should move down one spot and let some other team take the fools gold that is Caleb Williams. Then pair Harrison with Fields or a veteran like Cousins. 

Bears could get a mint again just by dropping down one spot. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Bears would be fools to not end up with Harrison in this draft. They should move down one spot and let some other team take the fools gold that is Caleb Williams. Then pair Harrison with Fields or a veteran like Cousins. 

Bears could get a mint again just by dropping down one spot. 

That is the smart move, but we are talking about the Bears.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What do you think of Justin Fields throwing to Marvin Harrison Jr?

I don’t want Pee Wee Herman throwing to Marvin Harrison Jr in the AFCE. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bears have shown themselves to be idiots drafting. They may dump Fields for a high 3rd and draft a QB in Caleb Williams that is setting off alarm bells among scouts for being the next Johnny Manziel.

Yeah, I've been hearing some bad stuff about Williams. I would definitely pass on him if I were a GM.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Keep an eye on the Patriots. There's rumors of trading for Justin Fields and trading down for more picks. There's also the possibility of Eliot Wolf taking over as GM there. 

I am excited to see the Patriots have 15 more years of looking for a franchise QB

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Love AVP as a Bill, but not scared of this at all.

Same. There were multiple times where I thought he deserved more of a shot and never got it. I was hoping he'd join us again but I'm not suddenly terrified 

Right up the Bears' alley.  Where do they sign?! 😁

1 minute ago, WotAGuy said:

Care to share?  We’re all friends here…

Sure. just read about his behavior issues, acting like a diva turns me off on him. I've read several scouting reports that question his toughness and character. It's just someone I wouldn't waste a first pick in the draft on.

• Like (+1) 1

knowing the patriots, they will sign someone like Ryan Tannehill And trade down from their first round pick. 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Sure. just read about his behavior issues, acting like a diva turns me off on him. I've read several scouting reports that question his toughness and character. It's just someone I wouldn't waste a first pick in the draft on.

Caleb Williams has a dad. For those that follow the NBA, he’ll be the Lavar Ball of the pigskin.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Care to share?  We’re all friends here…

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-teams-concerned-caleb-williams-015252442.html?

Also Felger & Mazz on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston were taking about his record against quality teams, his inability to handle adversity, and his commitment to improving his game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Fields is bad. He makes some highlight plays, but his passing skills make Lamar look like Mahomes. If he goes to NE, McDermott will have a field day against him

Also, Mayo himself has said they are draft a QB

Let’s hope they go with fields. 🤞

16 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Fields is bad. He makes some highlight plays, but his passing skills make Lamar look like Mahomes. If he goes to NE, McDermott will have a field day against him

You know I would love to have Fields in Buffalo as Josh's backup. I think he has skills that can be honed. But that ain't happening. Fields will start somewhere.

16 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Let's hope they go with Caleb Williams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.