Josh officially a finalist for MVP

Roundybout

Lamar 

Josh

CMC

Purdy

Dak

Who knows. Josh may end up winning it. Splitting hairs between him and Lamar… Turnovers are the only knock seeing as people won’t factor in total TD to turnover ratio. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Not good enough for Pro Bowl but an MVP candidate, what an odd situation. 

It is weird, we know the votes are supposed to already be in, but it's almost reflective of him being a monster the last two weeks.

You know what is irritating about this whole MVP thing is the amount of disrespect Josh Allen consistantly gets from everybody including Bills fans.

Allen has had 4 seasons better than Lamars MVP season and this year Lamar wasn't as good as 2019. This award is bogus if Allen doesnt win it, everybody knows Allen is the best player in the league and deserves it. If Lamar wins it, which he shouldn't everyone will know exactaly why, if you don't, you're not paying attention. Getting tired of politics in sports.    

• Like (+1) 1

I think everyone knows Lamar won. Question is really how many votes went to other candidates/who finished 2nd. We know Josh received at least one first place vote so it won’t be unanimous for Lamar. 

Our opinions don't matter in these, but here's mine:

Josh is the only true MVP on the list. Jackson is a product of a new offensive scheme, better weapons, a great defense...and Josh had it way worse than Lamar did and he took what he had and willed us from 5-5 to 11-6, #2 seed, 4th straight division when our playoff odds were...12%?

Nobody else on that list, even on the same team, could take a 5-5 team, 3 games behind Miami, almost no weapons, a half strength defense missing its 2 younger All Pros, while the other 2 are pretty close to retirement and make the playoffs while winning the division and earning the #2 seed. 

He deserves the MVP purely based on what it means to be Most Valuable to your team. And Peter King said he's voting for Josh (when we were 5-5) if we make the playoffs. I guarantee he's not the only one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lamar almost certainly wins it due to the overwhelming narrative/consensus.  I dont really agree with it.

Josh Allen should be the MVP IMO, not even being a homer.  

Just to show I am not biased, I think the next best case should go to Tyreek Hill.  There is tangible evidence that Miami goes from Super Bowl contenders to a clown show depending on Hill's health/availability.  

To me, any Raven or 49er isnt much of a consideration, just because those offenses are systemic machines and various parts could be replaced.  I would give it to CMC over Lamar. 

Dak?  Uh, no.  

1 hour ago, Nklaiste1 said:

Is this the weakest list of MVP finalists ever?

No the weakest was the last time Lamar won. He's always going to be pretty exciting to watch and on a good team so if everyone else is inconsistent then he sneaks to the top of the list even though he's never going to have the stats to back it up. He's the MVP because everyone else is up and down and he's pretty consistent 

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Lamar 

Josh

CMC

Purdy

Dak

Who knows. Josh may end up winning it. Splitting hairs between him and Lamar… Turnovers are the only knock seeing as people won’t factor in total TD to turnover ratio. 

Lamar having a perfect passing game in the season finale is going to weigh heavily on voters minds and am sure him advancing further in the NFL playoffs will too (even though it's supposed to only be for regular season play). 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Lamar almost certainly wins it due to the overwhelming narrative/consensus.  I dont really agree with it.

Josh Allen should be the MVP IMO, not even being a homer.  

Just to show I am not biased, I think the next best case should go to Tyreek Hill.  There is tangible evidence that Miami goes from Super Bowl contenders to a clown show depending on Hill's health/availability.  

To me, any Raven or 49er isnt much of a consideration, just because those offenses are systemic machines and various parts could be replaced.  I would give it to CMC over Lamar. 

Dak?  Uh, no.  

I don’t think Lamar would be my choice for MVP but I don’t think there’s any rational argument that he’s easily replaceable in that offense. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Lamar having a perfect passing game in the season finale is going to weigh heavily on voters minds and am sure him advancing further in the NFL playoffs will too (even though it's supposed to only be for regular season play). 

Votes are submitted before any playoff games are played so the latter is not a factor. The performance against Miami definitely carries some weight though. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don’t think Lamar would be my choice for MVP but I don’t think there’s any rational argument that he’s easily replaceable in that offense. 

Votes are submitted before any playoff games are played so the latter is not a factor. The performance against Miami definitely carries some weight though. 

I think Lamar is vastly over rated because he is an average at best passer. Sure he's the best running QB in the league but quite honestly I don't care. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Who does then? What a ridiculous take...

the bar is not high this year for all star performances.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I think Lamar is vastly over rated because he is an average at best passer. Sure he's the best running QB in the league but quite honestly I don't care. 

while this is true he has had his best year as a passer by the eyeball. he is making his best throws, more patience, and playing the position of QB better than ever. but overall, it's not his best season. his first year as an MVP was truly one of the best years a football player could have even if he was a mediocre QB at that time.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

the bar is not high this year for all star performances.

while this is true he has had his best year as a passer by the eyeball. he is making his best throws, more patience, and playing the position of QB better than ever. but overall, it's not his best season. his first year as an MVP was truly one of the best years a football player could have even if he was a mediocre QB at that time.

7 games he had under 200 yards passing, sorry to me that isn't MVP quality, sure he might look better but his best isn't even close to Josh Allen's best. 58% of teams TDs vs 83% (if I am quoting Richard Sherman). Hands down Josh should be up there, the only one that I remotely think close to him is CMC. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.