The Josh Allen Curse

Steptide

Well now I'm intrigued.  

2018 - no playoffs

2019 - Loss to Texans in WC, Texans lose to Chiefs in Divisional

2020 - Loss to Chiefs in AFC Championship, Chiefs lose to Bucs in SB

2021 - Loss to Chiefs in Divisional, Chiefs lose to Bengals in AFC Championship

2022 - Loss to Bengals in Divisional, Bengals lose to Chiefs in AFC Championship

2023 - Loss to Chiefs in Divisional, Chiefs lose to Ravens?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Broncos and Jags are the only teams that won the week after beating the Bills this season.

No team did it in 2022.

to be fair, only 4 teams beat us last year.  Still pretty interesting though. They “shot their shot” against us?

25 minutes ago, peterpan said:

It’s pre scripted Ravens/9ers.

besides this isn’t a good stat - it means we don’t even lose to the team that makes the SB

It's just in fun. You could look at it alot of ways. Some could say we suck the life out of teams and they can't recover from a game against us 

23 minutes ago, peterpan said:

It’s pre scripted Ravens/9ers.

besides this isn’t a good stat - it means we don’t even lose to the team that makes the SB

Yeah but if the curse holds Sunday, those KC fans get a fleeting moment of happiness from beating the Bills in these epic battles and then crash and burn just like 31 other teams. I kinda like that.  They’re not getting another Lombardi off beating Buffalo.

It's maybe a curse of beating the Bills.   Not anything specific to Josh Allen.

I believe the last 18 teams to beat the Bills are 2-16 in the next game.

First time I heard this stat was during the Eagles game.......which had been the last loss.

The implication is that it takes a lot to beat the Bills.

The fact that they almost never lose by more than a single score re-inforces that.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah but if the curse holds Sunday, those KC fans get a fleeting moment of happiness from beating the Bills in these epic battles and then crash and burn just like 31 other teams. I kinda like that.  They’re not getting another Lombardi off beating Buffalo.

Thats why it is so amusing that they throw 13 seconds in our faces as if they didn't go on the next week to score 3 points in 40 minutes against the Bengals and blow a 21 to 3 lead. I find that more humiliating than allowing a fg in 13 seconds when a team has 2 timeouts on the 25 yard line.

Or to not score a touchdown in a super bowl after beating us in the conference championship.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Thats why it is so amusing that they throw 13 seconds in our faces as if they didn't go on the next week to score 3 points in 40 minutes against the Bengals and blow a 21 to 3 lead. I find that more humiliating than allowing a fg in 13 seconds when a team has 2 timeouts on the 25 yard line.

Or to not score a touchdown in a super bowl after beating us in the conference championship.

As mad dog Russo said yesterday during his show on Sirius.  People can analyze every aspect but The 13 second loss and Sundays loss just came down to bad luck for Buffalo.  Just dumb luck for a snake bitten franchise. Both games could’ve gone the Bills way.

Maybe they get so jacked up to beat the Bills, like it's their Super Bowl, and then once they do it there's a bit of let down the next week.  Honestly I was wondering before the game, if the Bills won and experienced the joy of knocking off KC - would they experience that same kind of let down the next week vs the Ravens?  Wish I could have found out 😞

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As mad dog Russo said yesterday during his show on Sirius.  People can analyze every aspect but The 13 second loss and Sundays loss just came down to bad luck for Buffalo.  Just dumb luck for a snake bitten franchise. Both games could’ve gone the Bills way.

13 seconds was bad luck ??? 

9 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

Maybe they get so jacked up to beat the Bills, like it's their Super Bowl, and then once they do it there's a bit of let down the next week.  Honestly I was wondering before the game, if the Bills won and experienced the joy of knocking off KC - would they experience that same kind of let down the next week vs the Ravens?  Wish I could have found out 😞

Personally, I thought if we beat kc, we would lose to Baltimore. Baltimore Imo is just a bad match up for the bills. I would've still loved to had the chance, but I think beating kc would've just delayed our dissapointment and anger by a week

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The Josh Allen curse is McBeane! 

Kind of agree.

Allen gave us the lead with 13 seconds left.

Then, at then end of the game, Mahomes is a god and Allen a loser.

Just last sunday, Mahomes missed two open receivers in the end zone and he had the game in his hand in the 4th quarter against a decimate defense.  They had to punt.

At the end of the game, he is a god and Allen a loser.

Those QB are Elite.

But, Allen has to be perfect.  We'll talk about his mistakes because he has to be perfect if we want to win.

Mahomes not.

That's the story of those games in playoff. That's why an Elite HC is what a team needs with an Elite QB against the best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's maybe a curse of beating the Bills.   Not anything specific to Josh Allen.

I believe the last 18 teams to beat the Bills are 2-16 in the next game.

First time I heard this stat was during the Eagles game.......which had been the last loss.

The implication is that it takes a lot to beat the Bills.

The fact that they almost never lose by more than a single score re-inforces that.

Exactly. To beat the Bills you almost always have to play your best game for 60 minutes, physically and mentally. Possibly the Bengals in last year's playoffs when the Bills had a rare no-show is the exception to that. But Buffalo is a game that teams have circled in their schedule now. We get most people's best shot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsMontreal said:

Kind of agree.

Allen gave us the lead with 13 seconds left.

Then, at then end of the game, Mahomes is a god and Allen a loser.

Just last sunday, Mahomes missed two open receivers in the end zone and he had the game in his hand in the 4th quarter against a decimate defense.  They had to punt.

At the end of the game, he is a god and Allen a loser.

Those QB are Elite.

But, Allen has to be perfect.  We'll talk about his mistakes because he has to be perfect if we want to win.

Mahomes not.

That's the story of those games in playoff. That's why an Elite HC is what a team needs with an Elite QB against the best.

He literally didn't do anything Josh didn't do in that game the only difference was one of the times Allen got his kicker in FG position his missed.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO honestly, in hindsight, did anybody think we were going to stop Patrick Mahomes with Klein as our starting middle linebacker? They should’ve been in Key West and has been cut twice this year? There was no way we were going to stop the best quarterback in the league from scoring on every drive. Josh would’ve had to of been THE best quarterback in the league absolutely perfect along with his receiving for being absolutely perfect. And now we know what the result of that was. 

Edited by Brian Higgins hair

Look, it was a case of injuries the last two seasons and the 13 seconds was Frazier who is now gone. Not to mention that the guy is now dead to the NFL world as an HC or DC from what I see. 

I think that Kelce lifted the Buffalo curse when he attempted that throwback and it went on KC. For some reason this past game it cam back with the "wide right" AGAIN.

Buffalo couldn't stop KC on defense in the run game simply because the Chiefs targeted Johnson in the run game and a 200lb DB isn't stopping a 300lb lineman anytime soon. That and the fact that AJ Klein might have looked good last game...not in this game as he was owned. 

Douglas was nicked up and not up to his usual self. Injuries killed the Buffalo defense this last game and IMO McD should have put in Elam and Willams to help out. The Buffalo LBer corps stunk that day. 

On offense, Scotty Norwood appeared to replace Bass for that last FG. 

The Buffalo defensive line took the day off (save Groot, Von) with ZERO sacks, only two QB hits and 4 pressures on 24 dropbacks. 

Buffalo had a rookie play-caller on offense and the Chiefs had Andy Reid and Matt Nagy. Not to mention the three best interior line in the NFL. 

Lastly, WTF happened to WR Stephon Diggs?????  EIGHT targets, 3 receptions for a measly 21 yards and a fumble. This is not what a number one WR should look like in a freaking playoff game. Injured? 

P.S. Defense wins Championships... and this years Buffalo defense fell on its face because of injuries...again. Still, 24-27 and a missed FG to end the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is very interesting especially because a lot of people felt that the the Chiefs played their 'superbowl' against the Bills in the 2021/13 seconds game and now again last Sunday because they were so dead set on proving a point and winning their first road playoff game.

Hoping that plays out again for the Chiefs against the Ravens but still not betting against this team ever as long as a healthy Mahomes is starting a playoff game.

20 hours ago, peterpan said:

this isn’t a good stat - it means we don’t even lose to the team that makes the SB

Once...

20 hours ago, Just Jack said:

2018 - no playoffs

2019 - Loss to Texans in WC, Texans lose to Chiefs in Divisional

2020 - Loss to Chiefs in AFC Championship, Chiefs lose to Bucs in SB

2021 - Loss to Chiefs in Divisional, Chiefs lose to Bengals in AFC Championship

2022 - Loss to Bengals in Divisional, Bengals lose to Chiefs in AFC Championship

2023 - Loss to Chiefs in Divisional, Chiefs lose to Ravens?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.