People donating to charity TBass has worked with

15 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

A cat charity???

Sorry Tyler, but get yourself a real cause like helping sick kids.

You want to help Kids? Join a local Kiwanis Group.   https://www.kiwanis.org/

I find it sick that people think they can dictate other peoples charities. Spend 2 hours a week  in a Service group that specifically helps kids. Nah.. you would rather spend that 2 hours a week watching TV... get out of here with that garbage... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On 1/23/2024 at 12:56 PM, ScotSHO said:

I say we hold a parade for him.  Norwood can be the guest of honor.  Maybe we can get him a key to the city.  The possibilities are endless.

This idea is to

idk

wide right 

sorry I had to

• Like (+1) 1

It's sad.  We love that game, but it is just a game.

This kid had a bad season but he is young. Pretty sure he will work hard this summer and be ready for next year.

Those donations is the best part of the game, even better than any win.

It's really just a game even if we love it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:29 PM, noacls said:

Not going to threaten the guy or heckle him. He was horrible this year. Should be cut

Surprised McD committed to him next season. Him losing games could be what costs McD his job

Any person who would literally attack someone over what happened in a game is a pathetic immature loser, Bass is a good guy, there is no reason to get on him over a missed kick,  that is the definition of being a first world snowflake…, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

On 1/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, BBFL said:

not all fans but some can be diabolically ruthless with their words

It is sad.   The world is full of keyboard wussies who think they are tough guys.

On 1/24/2024 at 6:56 AM, ScotSHO said:

All this feel good stuff does not help you advance in the playoffs.  But the more I watch, the more it seems like the Bills fans want a show and care less about winning.

what a weird take

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Dancing Fool said:

To play devils advocate here... why is it disgusting that a fan of a team would want an ineffective member of said team to retire? No harm was wished, just a clean break. 

the over the top passion of delivery was silly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Bass is neither ill nor injured. He simply blew it horribly when called upon. I have absolutely no idea what this ‘help him feel better’ stuff is about. This isn’t your kid’s little league game. It’s professional and everyone is highly compensated. Donate to the cause if you’d like…or not. But because Bass didn’t do his job? I think not. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bass is neither ill nor injured. He simply blew it horribly when called upon. I have absolutely no idea what this ‘help him feel better’ stuff is about. This isn’t your kid’s little league game. It’s professional and everyone is highly compensated. Donate to the cause if you’d like…or not. But because Bass didn’t do his job? I think not. 

Ok,  but then the same can be said about donating to Oishei for Josh Allen, the Dalton foundation for Andy Dalton, Lamars Backpacks for Kids, etc... For some reason Bills fans donating money to good causes seems to bring out the absolute best in most people, and the worst in a few others.  

We donate because we like too, if you've ever volunteered at a not for profit you'll know how much they need the money.  I suspect most of us have reached the point where we understand that we'd love to see a Bills Super Bowl but we also understand that our day to day lives won't change at all based on the Bills winning or losing. 

No one's treating it like a kids little league game, just the opposite, we're treating like a full grown adult man is receiving death threats for missing a kick in a football game.  Death threats.  Death threats.  I say again Death threats.  We're treating it like. a serious send this man some big time love and support because he doesn't deserve F***ing death threats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It's more about the vitriol directed at him by some.

He's a Bill, and this is a way for people to send some positive energy & lift him up in the face of that.

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You need to rub one out. It’s a game. He blew it. So what? Maybe he gets cut. Maybe not. At the end no one deserves this kind of treatment for missing a kick to win a game. 

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Way to completely miss the point. 

22 hours ago, GottaRun said:

Ok,  but then the same can be said about donating to Oishei for Josh Allen, the Dalton foundation for Andy Dalton, Lamars Backpacks for Kids, etc... For some reason Bills fans donating money to good causes seems to bring out the absolute best in most people, and the worst in a few others.  

We donate because we like too, if you've ever volunteered at a not for profit you'll know how much they need the money.  I suspect most of us have reached the point where we understand that we'd love to see a Bills Super Bowl but we also understand that our day to day lives won't change at all based on the Bills winning or losing. 

No one's treating it like a kids little league game, just the opposite, we're treating like a full grown adult man is receiving death threats for missing a kick in a football game.  Death threats.  Death threats.  I say again Death threats.  We're treating it like. a serious send this man some big time love and support because he doesn't deserve F***ing death threats.

I’m obviously not aware of any death threats nor would I ever suggest that that’s acceptable. I do however stand by my earlier post. If you want to donate to a cause, please do so. I donate to many. But it’s always because of my passion for what the charity actually does. It’s never been because of my fondness, or in some second hand support for a spokesperson. Bass is, or should be, a professional. He didn’t do his job. He most definitely doesn’t deserve to lose his life or self respect but he does deserve to lose his job. 

22 minutes ago, Dancing Fool said:

Silly? I thought it was disgusting. 

Well whatever you said it was popular, and in the long run that is what really matters. ❤️

...ya don't say?

On 1/23/2024 at 12:22 PM, boyst said:

Disgusting. 

🤔

We should have a parade for him. Lol

On 1/23/2024 at 1:05 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Its sad he is getting so much hate.  We didnt lose the game because of Bass, I mean KC had a lot of time and 2 timeouts and all they needed was a FG against a defense that has failed to stop them from getting a FG in 13 seconds and 12 seconds and was only able to force even 5 3rd downs all game.  

So, even if Bass makes that kick, the odds are high that KC gets into FG range and takes the clock down and hits the game winner.  No guarantee, but this by no means is why we lost the game.  I mean there are so many plays...Kelce uncovered TD, Diggs dropped bomb, Dawkins stepping on Josh foot on the throw to Shakir for the go ahead TD, the OL not holding up on 3rd down forcing a FG attempt, etc.  

This was very different than Norwood...the moment we didn't convert on 3rd down I told my wife that is game.  Tying the game giving Mahomes final possession is not a recipe to win, we needed the TD.  

That's just speculation.

If he makes the kick and ties the game we really don't know how the end would play out.

Our defense did suck most of the game but it was getting key stops late in the 4th.... so to automatically say KC was gonna win is just wrong. 

On 1/23/2024 at 9:34 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hey donating to charity is wonderful. Power to you…but what are we doing here? I mean obviously don’t be making threats to the guy but now we have to be donating to his charity because he’s upset? I mean it’s a kick you have to make. There’s considerable middle ground between being an ####### and threatening him and acting like we are happy. If you want to give to a worth cause, go ahead. But what are we doing here.

This whole idea of donating to every cause is starting to get over the top and creepy. Obviously I don't condone this awful behavior forcing Tyler to shut down his social media.  X / Twitter whatever the hell we're calling it this week is the epitome of evil bullying.  But what's next?  Every time Von misses a tackle we'll donate. Gabe drops a ball we donate.  Sean calls a fake punt we donate.

20 minutes ago, Nklaiste1 said:

We should have a parade for him. Lol

That's just speculation.

If he makes the kick and ties the game we really don't know how the end would play out.

Our defense did suck most of the game but it was getting key stops late in the 4th.... so to automatically say KC was gonna win is just wrong. 

The way our defense played all night there was about a 10% chance we were stopping Andy/ Mahomes from easily marching into FG territory. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I echo the sentiment that the over the top charity donation stuff is a bit tiresome at this point.

Don't get me wrong, people can do whatever they please with their hard earned money but at what point do you actually address the issue at hand...in this case Bass missing a crucial game tying kick in a postseason game and being a major liability all year?

It's just like the fans arriving at the airport in the middle of the night stuff......maybe take a page from pretty much every other NFL and pro sports fanbase and realize this stuff makes zero sense in the bigger picture unless this team actually does something that warrants it like you know...win a championship.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:34 AM, klumzyfule66 said:

Didn't catch this posted.  Apparently Bills fans have been donating $22 to a cat rescue group "Ten Lives Club" that he has worked with in the past on a 'Show Your Soft Side' campaign.

As I'm sure many are aware, he's deleted his social media ostensibly due to a barrage of threats.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fans-support-bills-tyler-bass-with-thousands-in-donations-to-cat-rescue-group-144717001.html

I heard a story on npr on my drive the other day stating that cat lovers were showing support in the face of angry football fans and was pretty annoyed by the framing 

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This whole idea of donating to every cause is starting to get over the top and creepy.

It's optional.  

Donating to a worthy charity never really is a bad idea.  It's good to give.  Ya know?

43 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's just like the fans arriving at the airport in the middle of the night stuff......maybe take a page from pretty much every other NFL and pro sports fanbase and realize this stuff makes zero sense in the bigger picture unless this team actually does something that warrants it like you know...win a championship.

Can't fans just do things that make them happy and to show support?

Who cares if fans turn out to greet the team?   What is so wrong about that?  

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/23/2024 at 10:05 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Its sad he is getting so much hate.  We didnt lose the game because of Bass, I mean KC had a lot of time and 2 timeouts and all they needed was a FG against a defense that has failed to stop them from getting a FG in 13 seconds and 12 seconds and was only able to force even 5 3rd downs all game.  

So, even if Bass makes that kick, the odds are high that KC gets into FG range and takes the clock down and hits the game winner.  No guarantee, but this by no means is why we lost the game.  I mean there are so many plays...Kelce uncovered TD, Diggs dropped bomb, Dawkins stepping on Josh foot on the throw to Shakir for the go ahead TD, the OL not holding up on 3rd down forcing a FG attempt, etc.  

This was very different than Norwood...the moment we didn't convert on 3rd down I told my wife that is game.  Tying the game giving Mahomes final possession is not a recipe to win, we needed the TD.  

This is the post above you are responding to from me...the bolded is what I actually said which is different than what you claimed I said.

1 hour ago, Nklaiste1 said:

That's just speculation.

Please show me where I said KC automatically was gonna win even if Bass makes the kick.  So the only thing wrong here is you responding telling me I said KC was automatically going to win, which I didn't.

What I said is that Bass is not the reason we lost the game.  He didn't miss a game winner, he missed a kick to tie the game with plenty of time left for the other team to try and win in regulation.  What Bass missed kick did was take away a chance to try and win the game later (again, game is tied if he makes the kick so we still need to get a stop and score again to win the game).  

Are we really donating for every single thing now? Like what ? Have we become so soft as a fan base that we accept a Loser mentality.  We are seriously donating to a man that didn't do his job. We as fans are fostering this losing culture. 

Make it make sense. And don't give me the bull crap about feeling bad for him because of "death threats " . These were most likely sent by a couple keyboard warriors and aren't at all indicative of the fan base as a whole. Bass knows that , everyone knows that  ... we don't need to donate to make our players "feel better ". DO YOUR JOB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Are we really donating for every single thing now? Like what ? Have we become so soft as a fan base that we accept a Loser mentality.  We are seriously donating to a man that didn't do his job. We as fans are fostering this losing culture. 

Make it make sense. And don't give me the bull crap about feeling bad for him because of "death threats " . These were most likely sent by a couple keyboard warriors and aren't at all indicative of the fan base as a whole. Bass knows that , everyone knows that  ... we don't need to donate to make our players "feel better ". DO YOUR JOB

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I echo the sentiment that the over the top charity donation stuff is a bit tiresome at this point.

Don't get me wrong, people can do whatever they please with their hard earned money but at what point do you actually address the issue at hand...in this case Bass missing a crucial game tying kick in a postseason game and being a major liability all year?

It has truly gotten out of control. Anytime something bad happens, fans immediately start looking for a charity to donate to. It was kind of cool when they did it for Andy Dalton, and when they did it for Allen’s grandmother and Hamlin. That’s it. Donating for Lamar and Tua when they got concussions was silly. Donating to Nashville charities when Titans fans bought bots on Twitter to win a fan poll was even more ridiculous. Donating to a charity to make the Ravens radio guy feel guilty for insulting Buffalo made people look small time. The most ridiculous part is they announce it to the world that they have donated and congratulate each other on donating. It’s not about donating to a good cause, it’s become about the publicity and attention people get for donating money. As long as everyone can tweet #BillsMafia and people like Del Reid can self congratulate themselves, I’m sure this will continue.

Edited by MWK
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

You people shaming others for wanting to donate to help a cause really need to do some serious self reflection... it's not like we are rewarding Bass, we are helping this world be a better place. If you can't understand that then it's a you problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is the post above you are responding to from me...the bolded is what I actually said which is different than what you claimed I said.

Please show me where I said KC automatically was gonna win even if Bass makes the kick.  So the only thing wrong here is you responding telling me I said KC was automatically going to win, which I didn't.

What I said is that Bass is not the reason we lost the game.  He didn't miss a game winner, he missed a kick to tie the game with plenty of time left for the other team to try and win in regulation.  What Bass missed kick did was take away a chance to try and win the game later (again, game is tied if he makes the kick so we still need to get a stop and score again to win the game).  

You say Bass isn't the reason we lost, but you also said "the odds were high that KC would get into FG range and kick the game winner".

It seems like you want it both ways. 

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

There are lots of nice people around…  Would i donate to all these player causes over the years? nope. I was one and done after Andy Dalton.  But it’s pretty cool to see all this support for Bass. I have no problem with these charity things. People obviously want to do it and it makes them feel good.  I’m sure some Buffalo fans do it as part of the healing process from a sudden and disappointing end to a season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I heard a story on npr on my drive the other day stating that cat lovers were showing support in the face of angry football fans and was pretty annoyed by the framing 

That's what you get for listening to NPR

• Dislike 1

54 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did we do $11 for Dorsey after he was fired?

I’ll be glad to donate to McDummy’s favorite charity whenever the glorious day comes that he is fired

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.