Allen was legendary (even better than 13 seconds Allen)

Einstein

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But what I take away from this game more than anything (other than Bass is done) is that they need more explosive players on the outside. They struggled to get chunk plays all night and that wasn't on Josh. Sherfield dropped two and while not easy Diggs should do better on the one that goes through his arms too. 

Shakir had a nice game, Kincaid had a nice game, and but for the drop in the redzone (which didn't end up hurting) so did Cook. But it's okay dinking, dunking and running with tight ends, slot receivers and backs.... until at the end there where you need a play and KC is gonna defend the endzone. That is where you need more explosive outside guys to win a 1 on 1. They have to get aggressive in chasing that. Man having Jordan Addison on our team woulda made that drive look different. 

Every time they showed an ALL-22 shot, our receivers were absolutely blanketed.

2 minutes ago, Punch said:

He needs to be literally perfect, and that's infuriating. He passed up the Diggs crosser on 2nd and 9 because the TD to Shakir was there. You can't pass that up in that moment, regardless of what Mahomes might do. Tom Brady wouldn't have passed that up. It missed by a fraction of a second due to Jones bullrushing Dawkins into his back.

He played nearly flawlessly, a goddamned superstar in the biggest game of his career. I've never seen another great player forced to be perfect game after game for such a sustained period. It's outrageous that he'd be considered anything other than great. 

Yeah, agree, and everyone needs to remember we were a team with what - 7 starters out on defense?  To make is this far was pretty incredible, and largely on Josh's back.  I didn't see us making the playoffs or even the #2 seed back when we were 6-6.  It was a great run.  Hopefully our defense gets healthy next year, and we get that good #1 receiver to complement Diggs, who should be back with his contract.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Maybe you can get the Bills to hang a banner to commemorate it 

Troll elsewhere.

You only come out when we lose. You’ve been practically absent for 7 weeks now, and looking at your posts today, you seem to be reveling in the loss.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He’s the reason we had a shot.  Him not checking down to Diggs is the reason we lost.  Don’t know if we’ll ever beat four playoff games in a row with his decision making.

Oh, so THAT'S why we lost? Not the bad coaching or realllly bad defense that made it appear Kansas City was moving in butter? I get the disappointment over those last two throws, but he is the reason we were in position to possibly win had he connected on one of those throws. He should at the very least be last on the list for reasons we lost. I am putting the banged up defense as the main reason.

Just now, Einstein said:

Every time they showed an ALL-22 shot, our receivers were absolutely blanketed.

Yep, certainly deep. We had some crossers and underneath stuff where we got guys open but we got no spearation down the field. Even the three opportunities we had downfield were all contested balls and unlike times earlier in the year they were not underthrows.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He did well, but the batted balls & missing on a few connections hurt.

Then again, the defense gave him zero room for error through most of the game. Problem is he had the ball in his hands for a potential game winning drive, and we had to settle for a FG. This team should've known this was it, they NEEDED a TD.

Unfortunately, Josh & the offense didn't deliver when it mattered most.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Punch said:

He passed up the Diggs crosser on 2nd and 9 because the TD to Shakir was there. You can't pass that up in that moment, regardless of what Mahomes might do. 

Well said.

The number of fans who don’t understand this is concerning.

He had two good options. The Shakir option was the better of the two because:

1) It was a Touchdown, and those aren’t guaranteed even if you get the first down.

2) Shakir has great hands and doesn’t drop balls.

3) Diggs already had 2 big drops tonight.

Josh made the right call - he just got hit as he threw it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Allen was absolutely legendary tonight. Ran when he should have. Passed when he should have. Took the check down when he should have. He was darn near PERFECT.

67%, 258 total yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT.

And against a top 5 Chiefs defense that was mostly healthy, unlike our mash unit.

Had Diggs and Sherfield played the game with NFL receiver hands, Allen would have had close to 400 yards of offense by himself.

And I don’t want to hear jack squat about his throw to the endzone on 2nd and 9. Allen had two good options on that play;

1) Shakir open in the endzone.

2) Diggs open on the crosser.

He chose Shakir, who had made several great catches during the game, over Diggs who had 2 drops during the game.

If Chris Jones didn’t push Dawkins into Allen’s side as he threw it, that would have been Allen’s 4th TD of the game.

He was better tonight that in the 13 seconds game, which was by and large Allen taking advantage of the Chiefs falling over each other. Allen was methodical tonight. 

9 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

He played well but no one remembers the legendary performance of the loser. 

Think the truth is some where in the middle.  Yeah there was some hero ball play by him, but little else was working.  On the other hand can't call legendary going 26 of 39 for 186 yards.  The Bills had to play perfect today with all their injuries and a somewhat weak WR group and for awhile, they were close to that.  Certainly seen many better games from Allen including the 13 second game.  This game may have relied more on Allen than the 13 second game, only because nothing else worked for the most part, but that's not a good enough reason to cal it legendary IMO.  I'd just say Allen did all he could.

Overall play calling was up and down, early on going to Kincaid was working, but then stopped till the last drive.  Once KC stopped Bills runs, they kept trying same plays anyway and gaining 1 yard. The longer the game went Cooks yards per play average kept going lower, but that didn't stop them from running the same plays.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

Oh, so THAT'S why we lost? Not the bad coaching or realllly bad defense that made it appear Kansas City was moving in butter? I get the disappointment over those last two throws, but he is the reason we were in position to possibly win had he connected on one of those throws. He should at the very least be last on the list for reasons we lost. I am putting the banged up defense as the main reason.

I said he was the reason we were even in that position.  He’s the highest paid player on the team though.  He has to play smarter there.  Take your damn profits.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I thought he was perfect until the last drive. Which I thought was his worst drive of the night even before the last two throws. Did the mental pressure get to him? Not sure. But he felt rushed all drive and it wasn't 'cos of tons of pocket pressure. However, he was not the reason we lost.

But what I take away from this game more than anything (other than Bass is done) is that they need more explosive players on the outside. They struggled to get chunk plays all night and that wasn't on Josh. Sherfield dropped two and while not easy Diggs should do better on the one that goes through his arms too. 

Shakir had a nice game, Kincaid had a nice game, and but for the drop in the redzone (which didn't end up hurting) so did Cook. But it's okay dinking, dunking and running with tight ends, slot receivers and backs.... until at the end there where you need a play and KC is gonna defend the endzone. That is where you need more explosive outside guys to win a 1 on 1. They have to get aggressive in chasing that. Man having Jordan Addison on our team woulda made that drive look different. 

He was a little off for a bit after the Chiefs got a way with the dogpile on his head.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You mean when he was hit as he threw?

Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?

The only reason that pass hit the dirt is because he was hit.

Quit injecting facts into the argument. Some Bills fans want to blame Allen no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Well said.

The number of fans who don’t understand this is concerning.

He had two good options. The Shakir option was the better of the two because:

1) It was a Touchdown, and those aren’t guaranteed even if you get the first down.

2) Shakir has great hands and doesn’t drop balls.

3) Diggs already had 2 big drops tonight.

Josh made the right call - he just got hit as he threw it.

When you can take the lead late in the game you take it, hell it's the ***** play call if your not supposed to do it don't call it.

• Agree 2

Our passing game was subpar, not blaming Allen, but 39 attempts for 186 yards? If not for his rushing, we're not even competitive. Brady called a terrible 2nd half. We are now a running team with not much of a passing attack.  Last 7 games only 1 over 300  yards passing, 3 under 200. 

Can't just depend on him running for TD's.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

The last two plays were not good.  Thats what I’ll remember from that game.  The defense for what it was gave us a chance in the end.  

The defense didn't do jack sheet, understandably. That said, Allen played good but not good enough

Imagine SF with Allen at the helm, they wouldn’t lose ever… Brock is good in great weather but in the rain he was terrible and without Debo they looked lost. 

Allen, CMC, Kittle, Aiyuk and Debo. 

Put Brock on this team and you are probably drafting your next starting Qb to replace Brock with our talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

No margin of error for Josh. He played perfectly all game, then his last two passes were misses. One on him, the other because his lineman bumped into him. He has to play 100% perfect apparently to win, and if he has any missteps at all, he gets the blame from some fans, even if he had a great game.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So?

0-3 against Mahomes in the playoffs … will hear it a thousand times 

The last 2 losses being squarely on the defense and special teams. Can’t win many games when your defense can’t stop a ****ing nosebleed. Yeah, injuries I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

We scored 7 points in the 2nd half. I guess I don't understand what legendary means. 

He had 3 bombs bounce off our WRs. Two of them stalled drives. The plays were there and the WRs let him down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Once again the McD defense folded.  First Chiefs game all year they won when the other team scored at least 21 points.  Pathetic defensive effort.  I said all season there was something wrong with Bass and people argued with me every week on it.  I said before the game I hope we dont need to rely on Bass.  We needed to rely on Bass.

Allen, Shakir, Ty, Kincaid are the only ones that came to play.  I want to list Cook here too but he dropped another sure TD and almost fumbled a ball again.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We scored 7 points in the 2nd half. I guess I don't understand what legendary means. 

You may figure it out once you realize that the QB isn’t all 11 positions on offense. For example, he can’t throw the ball, and catch it.

Example: He can’t throw it 60 yards downfield into Diggs bread basket AND run down and catch it for him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Allen unnecessarily went into hero ball mode. 

More than anything else, I think that is why we lost. 

Shut up.  This is such a garbage post.  Go ahead and suspend me mods but why are brainless trolls allowed to post crap like this on 2BD? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The last 2 losses being squarely on the defense and special teams. Can’t win many games when your defense can’t stop a ****ing nosebleed. Yeah, injuries I know. 

So ***** true

The boxscore was obviously a lot more impressive in the 13 second game,  but I agree he was actually better tonight. The passing yardage is hurt by how often we ran the ball and the multiple drops. 

It gets overlooked, but we had 4 punts in the 13 second game. We only had 3 tonight (including the fake punt). No offensive turnovers in either game. 

The Defense forced 2 punts and no turnovers in the 13 second game. 1 forced punt and 1 turnover tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Thank god they waited to sort of slow down the Chiefs offense until the Chiefs defense figured out how to slow down our run game. Super convenient.

That was the worst defensive game i've ever seen.  Even when we had the perfect game against the Pats they at least made things hard for us.  Mahommes had wide open people on every other pass play.  It was pathetic.  McD should be embarrassed.  Miami played better D against the Chiefs and they had more injuries than us (they didnt have an offense controlling the clock most of the game either).

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.