Friday Official Injury Report

This is why I found it laughable people thought the league was doing the Bills a “favor” by delaying the Pitt game by 1 day. Think about how much more optimistic people would feel if these guys had roughly 30 extra hours of rest and treatment 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

This is why I found it laughable people thought the league was doing the Bills a “favor” by delaying the Pitt game by 1 day. Think about how much more optimistic people would feel if these guys had roughly 30 extra hours of rest and treatment 

Sean evened the playing field by having very very light practices on both Wednesday and Friday.  Could be critical for us 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I wouldn't change that decision for anything.  That would have been a 50/50 game if it was played on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sean evened the playing field by having very very light practices on both Wednesday and Friday.  Could be critical for us 

At this point in the season I would assume rest, game planning, and film study would be more important than getting physical practice reps in during the week too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We’ve all seen worse reports, considering everything, not so bad, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sadly I don't think there is an actual chance that Bernard plays. I really hope that at least Taron makes it.

I agree 100%. I think Douglas and Taron OUT too, unfortunately. This is all table talk.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 9
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

I agree 100%. I think Douglas and Taron OUT too, unfortunately. This is all table talk.

Douglas is playing. Taron will be tough to clear protocol in six days. Usually they need a minimum of seven. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Douglas is playing. Taron will be tough to clear protocol in six days. Usually they need a minimum of seven. 

Douglas is playing?!? Link?

Taron isn't playing - he didn't clear today yet and is due at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. Rule is 36 hours before gametime or listed OUT.

• Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, Success said:

I wouldn't change that decision for anything.  That would have been a 50/50 game if it was played on Sunday.

Lmao did you see the cameras? There was no way you could have played that game 😂 

7 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Douglas is playing?!? Link?

Taron isn't playing - he didn't clear today yet and is due at 6:00 a.m. tomorrow. Rule is 36 hours before gametime or listed OUT.

Taron was quoted after practice he was optimistic he would play.  Just has to pass final test tomorrow.  I believe him a tad more than you.  So here's hoping you don't know what you are talking about.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Taron was quoted after practice he was optimistic he would play.  Just has to pass final test tomorrow.  I believe him a tad more than you.  So here's hoping you don't know what you are talking about.

I don't know for sure obviously. He has till 6:00 a.m. If they let every "player" decide for themselves, we would have no injuries would we? lol I agree with others in above thread it feels like a fix. It's not but man.. I sure hope he plays.

• Agree 1

Some good news in there. Dodson not even having a designation and being good to go is great. He was pretty much a full time starter there since Milano's injury and we need bodies at LB.

Douglas getting a Full Practice in makes his Questionable designation far less Questionable.

All eyes on Taron Johnson. Optimism is great, but we REALLY need doctors to clear him. I feel like him being on the field all week means he's far along in the stages. 

If we have Rasul and Taron, that's MASSIVE.

I really didn't see us having much of a shot against Mahomes and the Chiefs offense with Jackson, Elam, and Lewis starting. Especially if our LB's were A.J. Klein and Dorian Williams. It's one thing for that MASH unit to hold up against Mason Rudolph and the Steelers Offense. But KC and Mahomes is another thing entirely.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I don't know for sure obviously. He has till 6:00 a.m. If they let every "player" decide for themselves, we would have no injuries would we? lol I agree with others in above thread it feels like a fix. It's not but man.. I sure hope he plays.

I've reviewed the information available on-line and do not see anything regarding a 36 hour rule.  Do you have a document to support your statement or is it hearsay.  From what I've read, Taron just needs to go through a simulated contact practice without reoccurance of symptoms, as today's practice was only a walk-through. It seems as if this could happen tomorrow if required.

20 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

He cannot decide for himself.  He has to be cleared by an independent doctor per the collective bargaining agreement which protects players from themselves.  But watching him practice, whatever he had was mild but the protocol is mandatory.  He is playing IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ain’t up to him …

Yeah, when I hear a player say they're fine or they're playing - I'm just like "that's nice".

Too many times in the past I've heard a player say they're ready to roll and then game time comes and they're inactive. 

These guys are warriors and active game checks are so much that most of them would go out there with their leg hanging off if they could. 

Posters put too much stock into what an injured player says. The only thing that matters is their designations and what the doctors and coaches decide when the time comes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I hope all the naysayers who say he's not playing come on hear after he passes protocol tomorrow and take responsibility for spreading BS. Let's just wait and see.

At the very least, he's been through the process, so I don't think Taron's opinion should be written off as irrational player optimism.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, when I hear a player say they're fine or they're playing - I'm just like "that's nice".

Too many times in the past I've heard a player say they're ready to roll and then game time comes and they're inactive. 

These guys are warriors and active game checks are so much that most of them would go out there with their leg hanging off if they could. 

Posters put too much stock into what an injured player says. The only thing that matters is their designations and what the doctors and coaches decide when the time comes.

Just judging his body language during practices,  it sure looks like he's ready to go. 

I understand it isn't fully up to him but I'd be shocked if he's ruled out

1 minute ago, JMM said:

If Bernard hasn't practiced all week 0% chance he plays

Not true especially since this is the playoffs and there's no tomorrow so to speak.

There's been weeks JA17 was DNP all week and still started.....in fact Mahomes had a concussion the week before the 2020 AFCCG and didn't practice all week then played, we all know how that game turned out.

Also the fact he's listed as questionable vs. Doubtful very telling as well. Bottom line even if he plays though it still might be in a very limited role (i.e. passing downs only)

Among the questionable players, it seems as if Douglas and Johnson are pretty likely to play.  Bernard is probably questionable verging on doubtful to be honest.  I know Doubtful and probably are no longer official injury report designations.  Martin is a coin flip, but it doesn't matter too much with Haack on the PS (unless Haack pulls one of his famous shanks).

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Not true especially since this is the playoffs and there's no tomorrow so to speak.

There's been weeks JA17 was DNP all week and still started.....in fact Mahomes had a concussion the week before the 2020 AFCCG and didn't practice all week then played, we all know how that game turned out.

Also the fact he's listed as questionable vs. Doubtful very telling as well. Bottom line even if he plays though it still might be in a very limited role (i.e. passing downs only)

Very different for a qb vs a LB that depends on his speed. I hope I'm wrong but I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if he plays ahd if he is hobbled in any way he shouldn't.  Go with Dodson and a combo of Dorian and Klein 

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Some good news in there. Dodson not even having a designation and being good to go is great. He was pretty much a full time starter there since Milano's injury and we need bodies at LB.

Douglas getting a Full Practice in makes his Questionable designation far less Questionable.

All eyes on Taron Johnson. Optimism is great, but we REALLY need doctors to clear him. I feel like him being on the field all week means he's far along in the stages. 

If we have Rasul and Taron, that's MASSIVE.

I really didn't see us having much of a shot against Mahomes and the Chiefs offense with Jackson, Elam, and Lewis starting. Especially if our LB's were A.J. Klein and Dorian Williams. It's one thing for that MASH unit to hold up against Mason Rudolph and the Steelers Offense. But KC and Mahomes is another thing entirely.

though KCs tackles are worse than the steelers tackles 

1 minute ago, JMM said:

Very different for a qb vs a LB that depends on his speed. I hope I'm wrong but I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if he plays ahd if he is hobbled in any way he shouldn't.  Go with Dodson and a combo of Dorian and Klein 

I agree it's still probably wishful thinking unless the injury truly was not as serious as everyone thought when it played out.

But no way he'll be anywhere close to 100% which means you are probably right with the Dodson/Williams/Klein combination needing to carry the load.

Obviously Johnson plays a pseudo LB role at times and why he's taken some of these hard blows, but if he's out there it helps immensely to fill the void of Bernard being out or very limited.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm hoping Diggs has been waiting to go off like a neutron bomb

We need to come firing with our athletic TEs like we did last week.  The Chiefs will play quite close and hit hard.  Can they hold on to the football.  Go Bills !!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.