Eagles Kelce to retire

One Kelce down...one to go. Wonder if Travis is pondering it as well after a down season (by his standard). Would give him time to follow T Swift on her concerts like a Dead Head and give the Kelce brothers a shot to make the HoF in the same year.🤔

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

One Kelce down...one to go. Wonder if Travis is pondering it as well after a down season (by his standard). Would give him time to follow T Swift on her concerts like a Dead Head and give the Kelce brothers a shot to make the HoF in the same year.🤔

Travis is a few years younger. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I’ll bet good money Travis also retires. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Yeah, I suspected. Even as a non-Eagles fan he was a fun guy, and he was an absolute delight to watch 6 years ago when they won the playoffs. He and his brother have more charisma than the Mannings.

The league is lessened by his departure. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

What's funny is that the Eagles board doesn't have a thread on this. They are too busy firing the coach, the GM, and trading diva AJ Brown.

Will they trade him to the Bills? Pretty please?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yeah, I suspected. Even as a non-Eagles fan he was a fun guy, and he was an absolute delight to watch 6 years ago when they won the playoffs. He and his brother have more charisma than the Mannings.

The league is lessened by his departure. 

Will they trade him to the Bills? Pretty please?

They're not trading him. He has Diggs-levels of dead cap. It's just funny to watch that fanbase want to burn it all down one year removed from almost winning a SB.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Now Kelce and his wife will be able to hate on Taylor and Travis full time

4 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

What's funny is that the Eagles board doesn't have a thread on this. They are too busy firing the coach, the GM, and trading diva AJ Brown.

Usually on Thursday games I'll check out the teams who are playing's message board. More times than not the thread here is longer than the ones on their own fans bases pages. 

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Now Kelce and his wife will be able to hate on Taylor and Travis full time

Watch out Manning brothers!  New joint venture on 'Slice' network.  Kelce Brothers AND 'significant others' watch and provide commentary on the game of the week.  Brought to you by Clairol.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's debatable, for sure. Re the Mannings: Payton carries about 75-80% of the charisma load, while Eli is just there because of nepotism. LOL

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

They're not trading him. He has Diggs-levels of dead cap. It's just funny to watch that fanbase want to burn it all down one year removed from almost winning a SB.

I know. But that hasn't stopped every talking head to say that Diggs will be traded. Maybe some other franchise is dumb enough

Travis has 2 years left after this one.  Gives him a chance to continue to run with Mahomes, and will then peace out.

Jason had a great career, will be interesting to see what other Eagles retire after their embarrassing effort yesterday.

Thought this guy was cool until that nonsense he spewed about Jordan Phillips last month. I'm not even a Phillips fan but Kelce sounded like a total whiner.

Great player though. If players were stocks, I'd short the hell out of Jalen Hurts next season. 

• Agree 1

This is why I do not want the tush push to be used every time we need 1 yard.

Kelce doesn't love the tush push. He has said that he ends up at the bottom of a mass of humanity. Via Laura Okmin of Fox Sports, Kelce shared during the season the words he would shout every time the play was being executed.

"***** my life!"

Via Okmin, quarterback Jalen Hurts confirmed that Kelce would indeed let that specific expletive fly.

It's no surprise. It's a tough, gritty play. Kelce's reward for pushing as hard as he can was a squishing by various other large bodies.

That apparently won't be happening again for Kelce. Which means that the Eagles will need to find someone else to anchor the play — and to utter a previously unknown catch phrase that, frankly, plenty of Eagles fans might be muttering today for very different reasons.

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Thought this guy was cool until that nonsense he spewed about Jordan Phillips last month. I'm not even a Phillips fan but Kelce sounded like a total whiner.

Great player though. If players were stocks, I'd short the hell out of Jalen Hurts next season. 

He can stick to making podcasts now. 

On 1/16/2024 at 12:15 PM, QB Bills said:

I agree.  They should have waited a year to pay him.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:49 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Good player he like many others probably thought that after last season they might get some new pieces & be a unbeatable force because they were close last year but as we know going to back to back SB's is a hard thing to do .

If the Chiefs were once again lucky enough to win it all i think Travis would retire because that would be 3 correct ? But then again if the Bills send them home this week end you never know and that might give the Chiefs another comp pick losing such a high profile player .

Either way Jason was good for the game i just hate when players like him or our own Kyle Williams leave the game with out a championship of some kind on their resume . Jason has a NFC Championship on his but they all want the big one before the leave but i bet his bank account makes him feel better ...

1 minute ago, T master said:

Good player he like many others probably thought that after last season they might get some new pieces & be a unbeatable force because they were close last year but as we know going to back to back SB's is a hard thing to do .

If the Chiefs were once again lucky enough to win it all i think Travis would retire because that would be 3 correct ? But then again if the Bills send them home this week end you never know and that might give the Chiefs another comp pick losing such a high profile player .

Either way Jason was good for the game i just hate when players like him or our own Kyle Williams leave the game with out a championship of some kind on their resume . Jason has a NFC Championship on his but they all want the big one before the leave but i bet his bank account makes him feel better ...

Why would they get a comp pick for losing a high profile player?  And Kelce has a SB ring from the Nick Foles SB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Why would they get a comp pick for losing a high profile player?  And Kelce has a SB ring from the Nick Foles SB.

Well the high profile thing i guess doesn't hold any weight but I know there is some kind of formula for losing players & that is what i meant . Last season we got or supposedly got a comp for Edmunds so that is what i was referencing .

I didn't realize he was with the Eagles when Foles was there . Has he been with the Eagles his entire career i don't follow other teams that close that's why i depend on other fans like you to point some of these things out . I'm not as they say a rabid Bills fan . But i'm working on it .

1 minute ago, T master said:

Well the high profile thing i guess doesn't hold any weight but I know there is some kind of formula for losing players & that is what i meant . Last season we got or supposedly got a comp for Edmunds so that is what i was referencing .

I didn't realize he was with the Eagles when Foles was there . Has he been with the Eagles his entire career i don't follow other teams that close that's why i depend on other fans like you to point some of these things out . I'm not as they say a rabid Bills fan . But i'm working on it .

That's the comp pick formula and it only involves losing UFAs who are signed elsewhere, not retiring players. 

And happy to help on the Kelce SB thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.