Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Don't get me wrong I love Allen. He's special, elite, and can carry a team. However, to say Allen is better is very debatable. I think Mahomes is the heads down the best QB by most fans and football people. It's a stretch to say Allen is better especially since Patrick is dangling two rings while Allen is ring less. The Allen "will to win" vs Mahomes "will to win" comparison is a ridiculous statement. No offense. There is no edge on the will to win. Both are off the charts here. Did you watch Mahomes play on one leg last year? You don't win two rings because of a lack of wanting to win. 

For all practical purposes Reid is the offensive coordinator and play caller. Nagy is just a fill in. Reid is probably one of the best offensive minds in the game. Huge edge over an inexperienced Brady. Enough said here. Hopefully, the youngster can match or outperform the willy veteran Chiefs coaching staff. He's done a great job thus far. The task doesn't appear to be too big. 

The Chiefs secondary has a huge edge over the Bills depleted secondary. It's not even close. Have to give McD credit on how the D is performing with back ups galore. It's probably McD biggest and most impressive achievement this year. Hopefully, the success continues. 

This game may come down to special teams. That's a scary thought since the Bills punter has only one good leg, an inferior replacement, and a FG kicker that's very shaky right now. Huge advantage to Chiefs. 

Home field should be a huge advantage. This is where the Bills have the biggest advantage. I don't think anyone can dispute this. The Bills  generally don't lose at home but this game and opponent is a different animal. I ask everyone to look at the home playoff game vs Cinci last year. 

Coaching will be huge this game. Reid has the clear advantage here. He wins big games while McD struggles in divisional playoff games and beyond. I think many Bills fans are secretly hoping McD doesn't blow it again. Sorry. However, this year feels different? Maybe that's just my homerism at work. Nevertheless, the monkey is on McD and the Bills. I believe for what it's worth the pressure is on the Bills to win. Thus far, the Bills have handled the pressure down the stretch magnificently. No one should question the toughness and resiliency of this team.  One more time please, please, and please.

Bills have a great advantage at the tackles, Chiefs running defense is not good, and the Bills pass catchers are better. The Bills have to take advantage of their strengths. 

All in all, this is setting up to be a classic game. A dog fight and heavyweight fight between two teams that know each other well. The Bills players and fans finally get their wish with a home game in Buffalo vs KC. We've been wanting this for years. The Bills management focused on building a team to beat KC. Is it be careful what you ask for or just what the football doctor ordered? 

Let's go Buffalo!!! We fans will give it our all to help the team get the W. I would love nothing more than to see Reid's fat ass and Mahomes whining ass march out of Highmark Stadium in their underwear. We haven't forgotten pain of 13 seconds. We haven't forgotten the grim reaper remarks about Mahomes. Sunday is the time for changing of the guard. The time for the Bills to shine! My old law enforcement gun range instructor used to constantly say "nothing to it but to do it." How fitting is that tomorrow?

Go Bills

Here's what I'll say in response to all your points.

-I agree Mahomes is the better overall QB because he's more consistent and doesn't make as many mistakes.  However, when Allen is on he's the best dual QB threat I've ever seen.  For a full season and career I'd take Mahomes.  For one have to have it game in the playoffs where the opposing team has the defensive edge I'll take Allen over Mahomes.  

-The Bengals took the crowd out of it early last year so to truly get the most out of the home field advantage we have to at least keep it close all game.  The only games not at Arrowhead in Mahomes's post season career was at neutral site games (Super Bowls) and his passing rating is only 79.7 with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.  It remains to be seen if those stats were fluky or if he doesn't perform as well away from Arrowhead.  We'll see how he does in the most hostile postseason environment he's ever faced.

3 minutes ago, Punch said:

Not to discount Mahomes, but to your point: Eli Manning also has 2 rings. I certainly wouldn't take him over Josh Allen.

Exactly. Give a very good quarterback like Eli Manning a great line, receivers, play caller, run game, coordinator, and head coach--or even most of these things--and awards and trophies will follow. Hardware does not equal greatness, not by itself. 

I’m happy Toney is out. For as stupid as that guy is, he does have talent and speed and it would be very Billsy for him to turn it on against us in this game. 

I’m telling ya, we are peaking at the right time and Josh is playing his best ball of the season right now.

I also like the fact that Brady is planning his second game against Spags. Spags is very very good but I think Brady will have an excellent game plan against him now that he’s gotten in the groove of being the OC. I suspect we will be running a lot and targeting their LBs. They can’t spy Josh, cover Cook out of the backfield and play disciplined coverage in the middle of the field all at the same time. That’s where we exploit them.

Bills 31-17. Book it.

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m happy Toney is out. For as stupid as that guy is, he does have talent and speed and it would be very Billsy for him to turn it on against us in this game. 

I’m telling ya, we are peaking at the right time and Josh is playing his best ball of the season right now.

I also like the fact that Brady is planning his second game against Spags. Spags is very very good but I think Brady will have an excellent game plan against him now that he’s gotten in the groove of being the OC. I suspect we will be running a lot and targeting their LBs. They can’t spy Josh, cover Cook out of the backfield and play disciplined coverage in the middle of the field all at the same time. That’s where we exploit them.

Bills 31-17. Book it.

Good point about not being able to spy Josh and cover cook.

Last game they spied Josh all game.

And you saw the result with cook going off in the passing game.

Cook/Kincaid in the receiving game should be huge, especially if they spy Josh . (Which I think they will)

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The only games not at Arrowhead in Mahomes's post season career was at neutral site games (Super Bowls) and his passing rating is only 79.7 with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.  It remains to be seen if those stats were fluky or if he doesn't perform as well away from Arrowhead.  We'll see how he does in the most hostile postseason environment he's ever faced.

I'd take it obviously, but I didn't realize how ugly his Super Bowl stats were:

Screenshot_20240120_155553_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2705fc6be8cc5a092eab04621c5facfd.jpg

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

-I agree Mahomes is the better overall QB because he's more consistent and doesn't make as many mistakes.  However, when Allen is on he's the best dual QB threat I've ever seen.  For a full season and career I'd take Mahomes.  For one have to have it game in the playoffs where the opposing team has the defensive edge I'll take Allen over Mahomes.  

-The Bengals took the crowd out of it early last year so to truly get the most out of the home field advantage we have to at least keep it close all game.  The only games not at Arrowhead in Mahomes's post season career was at neutral site games (Super Bowls) and his passing rating is only 79.7 with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.  It remains to be seen if those stats were fluky or if he doesn't perform as well away from Arrowhead.  We'll see how he does in the most hostile postseason environment he's ever faced.

I'm pretty sure Mahomes will be up to the challenge. If the Chiefs lose it unlikely it's because of Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It never fails… no matter how crappy the QB or how average the WR…. every game they make 1 or 2 throws or catches that has me shaking my head and wondering… why can’t our receivers adjust and make a catch like that!    

Diggs is the only one that occasionally makes that amazing play.  Everyone else… they need the ball placed perfectly. And even then, I’m often surprised when they don’t drop it.  

If this teams lacks anything… it’s playmakers that elevate their game and make that seemingly impossible play.  Outside of Josh we have no one on offense or defense that does that consistently. 

Wut?

22 minutes ago, finn said:

Appreciate the detailed post. But I have to call BS on one point, which is the familiar claim that Mahomes is better because he has two rings (MVPs, etc.). I would argue that any of a half a dozen quarterbacks in the league now would have done as well as Mahomes under the same circumstances: throwing to two future HOF receivers behind an elite line with (as you say) one of the best offensive minds in the game calling plays. Can you think of another quarterback who has had all these advantages who has NOT done as well? 

No, having watched both, I think Allen is objectively better. As I said, he's bigger, meaning that he can and has broken far more tackles that the smaller Mahomes. He's faster and more athletic, and he has at least as strong an arm and as creative off script. And his stats (if not awards) are comparable to Mahomes'--with inferior receivers, a far inferior line, and inferior play callers. In fact, now that Mahomes no longer has all these advantages (just some of them), we're seeing that he, too, can struggle. 

Put it this way: What can Mahomes do that Allen can't do just as well or better, all things being equal? Same receivers, same line, same play calling. Anything? 

Mahomes can lead a team to a super bowl and win it all. It's really that simple. That's the new measuring fair or not. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Shakirs catch and run TD vs Pittsburgh was so filthy.  It should’ve gotten more pub.  

I think I’m going to call him Stumps from now on.  Pretty sure his legs are only 9 inches long

I agree  you can’t help who you are.winnie the pooh love quotes GIF

I am honest that's for sure.. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not good...last 2 games Bandits and Sabres both won prior to the Bills and we went 3 for 3.

This week Bandits and Sabres both lost...hoping it doesn't lead to 0 and 3.

No causation here… besides the Sabres aren’t very good

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Klein being brought up isn’t necessarily bad news for Bernard.  It’s just not good news. It could be good for every other positional injury though 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Dodson back in and Spector out, promoting Klein puts us at the same number of LBs as the Pittsburgh game if Bernard is active.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, Punch said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Dodson back in and Spector out, promoting Klein puts us at the same number of LBs as the Pittsburgh game if Bernard is active.

You’re definitely not wrong

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Punch said:

Yeah that's true.

• Like (+1) 1

Tomorrow evening, 6:30pm. There will be 5 teams left to try to win the Lombardi.

We will have to beat 3 of them.

It’s right there.

Right in f’n front of them!

Do it!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It would be roster malpractice to not elevate Klein regardless of Bernard’s availability.

Even if he goes, we’re down Spector as depth and both starting linebackers would be coming off injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

-The Bengals took the crowd out of it early last year so to truly get the most out of the home field advantage we have to at least keep it close all game.  The only games not at Arrowhead in Mahomes's post season career was at neutral site games (Super Bowls) and his passing rating is only 79.7 with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.  It remains to be s?een if those stats were fluky or if he doesn't perform as well away from Arrowhead.  We'll see how he does in the most hostile postseason environment he's ever faced.

Who says we have to keep it close? Why can't we just hang 40+ pts on them and call it a day

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The only games not at Arrowhead in Mahomes's post season career was at neutral site games (Super Bowls) and his passing rating is only 79.7 with 5 TD's and 4 INT's.  It remains to be seen if those stats were fluky or if he doesn't perform as well away from Arrowhead.  We'll see how he does in the most hostile postseason environment he's ever faced.

heck, this might be the loudest most hostile environment he’s ever had to face, period.

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Klein being brought up isn’t necessarily bad news for Bernard.  It’s just not good news. It could be good for every other positional injury though 

I think it has to do more with needing special teams bodies

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills just signed KJ Hamler to a futures contract won’t make impact tomorrow obviously but damn shrewd by Brandon kid was a jet at Penn state guess it just didn’t work out in Denver for whatever reason 

I thought he played for the Colts. Can take one to the house on kickoffs. Really good special teams pickup. Has only caught about 50% of passes thrown to him but he does go deep a lot. Really hasn't been given many opportunities in the NFL. He's fast though and can turn on a dime, juke someone right out of their socks.🤣

3 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

I thought he played for the Colts. Can take one to the house on kickoffs. Really good special teams pickup. Has only caught about 50% of passes thrown to him but he does go deep a lot. Really hasn't been given many opportunities in the NFL. He's fast though and can turn on a dime, juke someone right out of their socks.🤣

He was hurt a lot playing for Denver.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They may not be any better, but are they better vs Bills D ( in its current form) than the Bills Offense is Vs Chiefs defense. That’s what will decide the game and it likely will come down to who has the ball last and if Josh can make one or two more plays than Mahomes. 

Better how?  Bills beat them 6 weeks ago and Bills outrushed KC, which will be a key in this game again.  KC has no inherent advantage in this game. 
Its simply who plays best.

16 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

You’re right he went to the colts practice squad after being released by the donkeys apparently was still recovering from a torn pec I hope he somehow stays healthy cause man he was a borderline first round early second round pick if I remember right and is an absolute jet with the ball 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, taglientep said:

I think it has to do more with needing special teams bodies

Yeah.  I think it has everything to do with replacing Spector.  

Just spitballing here, if Bernard is out (which is my prediction), how do we line up at LB.  My initial thought was Klein in the middle and Dodson outside.  Then after some thought, Dodson was battling Bernard for the middle in camp, he should

know the calls.  Maybe he shifts inside and Dorian Williams plays outside….. thoughts?

If Taron is out (and Rapp already out) could we see some Dodson-Klein-Williams?  I expect KC to try and pound some pacheco

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  I think it has everything to do with replacing Spector.  

Just spitballing here, if Bernard is out (which is my prediction), how do we line up at LB.  My initial thought was Klein in the middle and Dodson outside.  Then after some thought, Dodson was battling Bernard for the middle in camp, he should

know the calls.  Maybe he shifts inside and Dorian Williams plays outside….. thoughts?

If Taron is out (and Rapp already out) could we see some Dodson-Klein-Williams?  I expect KC to try and pound some pacheco

I think TB plays 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.