Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Why is it the only people who discount Cook all the time are….posters in this forum?  Dude has completed the offense….and yet….people got make themselves feel smart by discounting him…..smh.

Cook has been underwhelming in the past few games until the Steelers game.  

He ran the ball very well against Pittsburgh. 

He has a ton of talent, and if he stops dropping passes, I do believe he has a lot of Alvin Kamara in him. 

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Technically, they had 13 players on injury report to the Bills 12.

The most serious for the Chiefs is Derrick Nnadi, who is a new add to their injury report with a tricep injury.  He's their starting nose tackle and the only DNP.  Sneed limited with a calf is of interest, he's one of their starting corners.

It's notable that Omenihu, one of their DEs, and Rashee Rice, are both nursing hammies.  Unknown how serious.

I'm sure anyone on there that's limited will play they'll just get some typical KC 💉s and be ready to go.

3 ups:

Josh is spinning the ball well and seeing the field

DLINE is healthy

Home

3 downs:

Mahomme's scrambles

Chiefs appear healthy

Bills banged up LB and Secondary

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cook has been underwhelming in the past few games until the Steelers game.  

He ran the ball very well against Pittsburgh. 

He has a ton of talent, and if he stops dropping passes, I do believe he has a lot of Alvin Kamara in him. 

I don't see the Kamara comparison. Kamara is an excellent ball catcher and seems to have a bit more explosion. He's seemed to drop off quite a bit this year. 

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He's been disappointing this year. 

I’d say he’s disappointing from the pass rush perspective. But overall I think he’s an above average d end. He seems really strong in rush defense and is fast where he can really maintain the edge. Length obviously helps him. 

he’s essentially a much better version of Shaq Lawson 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't see the Kamara comparison. Kamara is an excellent ball catcher and seems to have a bit more explosion. He's seemed to drop off quite a bit this year. 

In the way they both glide when they run.. but the premise is based on Cook catching like the did at UGA, and not dropping TD passes every other game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Winner of bills/chiefs instantly becomes AFC favorite

My own feeling is that if we get past this one, this is the year.  We might face better teams after the Chiefs, but none that have the psychological 'hurdle' that KC represents.

It will feel a little more downhill if we're still playing after Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The Ravens are going to be the favorite until they're out. Don't think us or KC will overtake them in regards to odds and picks to win.

If the Bills hang a 40 burger on KC, everyone will be going uh-oh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

My own feeling is that if we get past this one, this is the year.  We might face better teams after the Chiefs, but none that have the psychological 'hurdle' that KC represents.

Gotta slay the dragon. Reminds me of Manning and the Colts needing to get past Brady and the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

This is the biggest game in Josh Allen’s career since he has not played in a Super Bowl yet.  If the Bills win, the next game will take the throne and so on until he plays in a SB.  To me.. this is a must win game for Buffalo.  Losing in the playoffs after having home field, after not winning a SB, all the big wins and even bigger losses… if the Bills lose this, it will only feed the loser narrative.  

long story short?? The Buffalo Bills have to figure out how to make sure that A, they win the game and B, that they do not leave it up to a 50/50 call by a ref.  Any fans here want to cry about officiating, go ahead.  It’s a fools and loser errand.  Bad calls are part of sports.  The Bills need this badly.  There’s no sugar coating it.  WIN THE GAME.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If history repeats itself, the dragon should be slain.

Plenty of players get dominated by other players and it happens throughout their entire careers.  There is no „connect the dots” theory or history repeating itself.  It’s just athletics and execution.  Either the Bills bring it or forget it.  It’s as simple as that.  

Edited by KeLLy1278

2 hours ago, beebe said:

Semi interesting: 

No it's not

There was a terrific article someone put out years ago with the Patriots. The argument was they always got favorable calls and he went out checked. 

So the Patriots got just as many calls as most teams - but the yards were significantly in their favor. Yards against their opponents were more.

Further, he broke down the quarter and score to tables. It was vlookup heaven

But it showed that the Patriots got a lot of calls late in the game when the game was decided and it didn't hurt them. 

It was titled like "penalized call distortion" or something like that. It basically proved that despite calls being equal that they aren't equal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't know. I'm just focusing on beating the Chiefs. All that other stuff can be addressed later. 

I don't see how it's going to be downhill going to Baltimore. Does anyone else think the Texans could win? 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

No it's not

There was a terrific article someone put out years ago with the Patriots. The argument was they always got favorable calls and he went out checked. 

So the Patriots got just as many calls as most teams - but the yards were significantly in their favor. Yards against their opponents were more.

But it showed that the Patriots got a lot of calls late in the game when the game was decided and it didn't hurt them. 

It was titled like "penalized call distortion" or something like that. It basically proved that despite calls being equal that they aren't equal. 

((FACEPALM))

30 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The Ravens are going to be the favorite until they're out. Don't think us or KC will overtake them in regards to odds and picks to win.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was this week. 

Lamar in the playoffs is the worst version of himself. A player that doesn't even put up replacement level QB numbers.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't know. I'm just focusing on beating the Chiefs. All that other stuff can be addressed later. 

I don't see how it's going to be downhill going to Baltimore. Does anyone else think the Texans could win? 

I'll be crazy nervous for every game, and the Ravens are great.  But after KC, it will be nice to have a game that has no other baggage.

And I definitely think the Texans can win.  They remind me of the Bills from a few years ago.  Still young & without big expectations, and just having fun.  Stroud is legit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

49 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Winner of bills/chiefs instantly becomes AFC favorite

I think the Ravens will be a stiffer test than the Chiefs. Lamar is finally surrounded by WR talent and has Mark Andrews back. Isaiah Likely did very well in his absence so that gives them two very good TEs. Their defense is also just as tough as KC. So all in all, a better, more explosive offense with a defense that’s just as capable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was this week. 

Lamar in the playoffs is the worst version of himself. A player that doesn't even put up replacement level QB numbers.

I agree. Really hoping we get the opportunity to go up against the Texans.

18 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I think the Ravens will be a stiffer test than the Chiefs. Lamar is finally surrounded by WR talent and has Mark Andrews back. Isaiah Likely did very well in his absence so that gives them two very good TEs. Their defense is also just as tough as KC. So all in all, a better, more explosive offense with a defense that’s just as capable. 

I think if Bills get past the Chiefs they will boat race whoever they face in the the AFCC. They will be cleared mentally and riding so high no one will have a chance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I think if Bills get past the Chiefs they will boat race whoever they face in the the AFCC. They will be cleared mentally and riding so high no one will have a chance.

Yes! I like this kind of thinking!

1 hour ago, boyst said:

No it's not

Penalty EPA is capturing high-leverage situations. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Kincaid is going to be a good one, Shakir has developed into a solid 4th option…. Cook is still shaky to me. He’s explosive but he also drops some easy balls and seems to have a fumbling issue….also doesn’t seem like a very smart player and at the end of the day he is just a RB…. Their gigantic ***** up(for the 2nd year in a row) is relying on Davis as their number two WR….amazingly Josh and the offense perform better with him out of the line up….that’s how bad it’s gotten with Davis. I’d trade Harty, Sherfield, and Rapp for Hopkins in a hot second and as @HappyDays has stated many times Beane royally ***** up in not signing him…. I do agree they are better off then last year without question and hopefully they find a way regardless of the lack of a true #2 WR!

I agree that Hopkins was a huge missed opportunity.  Ironically, we still pry finish with the two seed and the AFC East champs even with him.  Not sure if Hopkins would've been happy as a #2 WR if we offered him the same money but if we miss the Super Bowl that's an easy thing to point to.  You have to give Beane credit though for upgrading the o-line and drafting Kincaid though was the point of my post.  Along with two players outperforming expectations this season (Cook, Shakir) from the previous draft.

• Like (+1) 1

The Chiefs not signing Hopkins proved to be massive for the rest of the AFC. He would have spared them from the wide receiver carousel they wasted an entire regular season trying to figure out. I get why they didn't sign him - they thought they had young guys ready to take off - but man oh man that was a monster whiff. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He leads our defensive ends in total tackles and tackles for loss.  He sets the edge very well.  But lets completely grade him on one stat and say he’s disappointing.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. He's kind of gone under the radar a bit. 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.