Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gabe is the one guy I don’t care if he’s back or not…..net negative….a black hole. I’ll say it again, team will be much better off when he’s not here next season.

Disagree on this one.

Every once in awhile, he sneaks in a good game for us.  And against KC, he snuck in his best game.

I'd like to see him out there Sunday just for the deja vu factor w/ KC's players and fans.  He was unreal in that game.

8 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Mark Schlereth used to talk about how often professional athletes are successful because they are delusional but there are two kinds of delusions.  He said the lineman who was next to him who was a future hall of famer and at the time was like a 10 year vet, perennial all pro.  He said they would be in the huddle and this guy would be in a panic because he was absolutely convinced that the 7th round rookie he was going up against was going to smoke him.  He was convinced that this borderline roster guy was better than him.  On the other hand, some pros who are barely on the roster are convinced they are the best at their position, not only on the team but in the league.  Opposite delusions both drive these athletes to success.  I think you find these two mindsets in life and amongst fans.  Some fans are always convinced their team has no chance against the Panthers and the others are convinced that the Ravens have ZERO chance against their team.

I get it, of course, but...losing to the Jets, Pats***, Broncos, etc. will do that to you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Disagree on this one.

Every once in awhile, he sneaks in a good game for us.  And against KC, he snuck in his best game.

I'd like to see him out there Sunday just for the deja vu factor w/ KC's players and fans.  He was unreal in that game.

Dont underestimate motivation for a contact year game = huge game.

Edited by billsfanmd07
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hope he's carrying around a bucket of epsom salts and sticking his foot in it every time he sits down.  Or even better just duct tape his foot in the bucket and have him shuffle around with it.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm fairly confident because Chiefs aren't very good this year, the DLine is very healthy and playing well, and we have Josh Allen behind the best OLine he's ever had and young guys like Cook, Kincaid and Shakir have stepped up into reliable performers.

Not saying the Bills shouldn't be confident, especially at home, but I wouldn't say that KC isn't very good. They have Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Rice, Pacheco, a pretty good OL and an elite defense. That's nothing to sneeze at. They've had an absurd number of dropped passes and errors this year, but the main culprits either won't be on the field or won't get many targets (Toney, Moore, MVS). Since that Raiders debacle a month ago, they've simplified the offense and it's been more effective since. 

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

PS if you're let go from an employer and you say "no thank you" if they try to hire you back, is it always spite IYO? 

I was obviously referring to your clear implication.

9 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I see a lot of negative mindsets going into this game. I'm on the newer side here, but I assume this happens before every game? Just a week ago you guys were so nervous about the Steelers. Lol

Well, a lot of us have been Bills fans for >40 years.  We've lived through losing the very first AFC championship game after the league merger (and coming off two back to back AFL championships).  We've lived through a couple of sporadic good years in the 70s and 80s only to fizzle, then the Marv Levy years of "Wide Right" followed by 3 more Superbowl losses.  Hope for the best, but fear the worst is baked into us by now, and BBFS (Battered Bills Fan Syndrome) is a Thing.

But no, it doesn't happen before every game.  Before the Steelers game, many were concerned because of the weather - bad weather that would negate our passing game and equalize the team more than it should be.  There was also some injury concern with 3 starters and 1 regular contributor ruled out (Gabe, Rasul Douglas, Tyrell Dodson, Taylor Rapp)

Now with this game we're looking at the injuries piling up even more and cussing.  It's huge being potentially down both starting LBs, our starting nickel, and both starting CBs going against KC and Mahomes.  I think we'd all feel more positive if we were healthier on D.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, but Mahomes love to escape through the middle of the pocket. Rousseau length is why I'd like him in the middle. Jones absorbing two blockers in pass rush situations only

But the best rusher we have is Ed 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Seems like there is some positive news on the injury front.

But still not sure any of these guys will be close to 100% on Sunday if they play. With Bernard...absolute best case is probably a very limited role on passing downs only. Benford they can probably get by without as long as Douglas is back and Johnson is fine to play. Dodson back would be huge as well.

Also in a way kind of glad that they are trying to rush Phillips back, he's been too much of a liability out there especially with the dumb penalties against a flag happy referee crew this week.

I'm starting to get a vibe like the Bills D-Line is going to maul the KC O-Line.   I think Buffalo is going to be so fired up to avenge past playoff heartbreak the D are going to be like wild dogs...and Josh will be playoff Josh and doing his thing.  

This could be a game for the ages... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, chongli said:

Guy's constantly hyping up Miami, the Jets, and KC; and is happy when Buffalo struggles. Yet he professes to be a Bills fan. The guy is nuts for that, and many other reasons. He thinks everything is a conspiracy theory. Completely nuts and an attention seeker.

You forgot dark horse mvp candidate Mac Jones and the Pats were going to win the division.  He went further to say he wouldn't be surprised if the Bills finished last in the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I can't argue with the data. Somehow, I feel like the data is or should be diluted with the Chiefs. Come playoff time Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid just win. Last year was a great example of that. To this day, I don't think they were that good. 

Their offense is worse this season, notably.  They're a lot more reliant upon Pacheco and the running game than they've been in the past.  Their WRs are second-rate except for the developing rookie Rasheed.  

Their D is better, but only in pass D.   

Our fans are going to be over-the-top up for this game, it reminds me of the home playoff games of the '90s where we went expecting to win, not hoping to win.  

I see this as a repeat of the '91 season game where Kelly couldn't hear squat at Arrowhead, asked the officials to calm the noise, they refused.  At our home playoff game vs. the Chiefs it was so quiet when we were on offense that you could hear Kelly's calls clearly.  When the Chiefs had the ball, ... LOL, you couldn't hear yourself.  

Just hoping that Houston wins as I think they can.  Gotta love Stroud, and that would be a good home playoff game too, but better than @ the Ravens. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm starting to get a vibe like the Bills D-Line is going to maul the KC O-Line.   I think Buffalo is going to be so fired up to avenge past playoff heartbreak the D are going to be like wild dogs...and Josh will be playoff Josh and doing his thing.  

This could be a game for the ages... 

The biggest threat w/ KC is Mahomes and his ability to run out of trouble for big gains.

He's like Houdini in the pocket sometimes.  The pass rush does a great job, but he finds a way to slip through a gap.  I agree that our line will do a great job, but we need to be on guard for that - whether it's figuring out how to close those gaps quickly, or maybe dedicating an extra player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Just because someone is critical and or pessimistic doesn't make them any less of a fan. This is really flawed logic here. 

I'll use myself as an example. I'm extremely critical and often think for the worse. I don't have to tell anyone here this. No surprise here. Wish I wasn't this way but it's perhaps in my DNA. Perhaps, it because of the past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan. Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD  sort of speak. Who knows what's behind my thinking? 

Point is I'm a huge Bills fan. Live, eat, and sleep it sort of speak and within reason. I take Bills losses pretty hard. I've softened up a bit over the years with age.

Truthfully, all I want is one ring!!! I believe this would instantly adjust my thinking. Everything else would be gravy because my dream will have come true. 

I can't wait until Sunday. The Chiefs are very beatable but yet so formidable. I truly see this as a toss up game. Please Bills beat the Chiefs!!!

Go Bills.

Stop before you end up in FIlthyBeast territory.  What he does isn't critical of the Bills its outright dog**** trolling.  He has been doing it since way back when the Bills official forums were still alive. He would constantly get banned there and make new accounts it was so bad.  The dude isn't critical of the Bills.  Just an outright hater.  If you can't see the difference then you need to wake up.  This guys is not worth defending and it's not the ledge you want to stand on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Looking like that Rapp calf is more severe than first reported.

I mean, what was reported?  We never get specifics of injuries, and that matters.

Banged Up Bills had this to say prior to the Pittsburg round:

On Wednesday, he appeared on the injury report with a calf designation which forced a closer look. Right before Rapp caught the ball, he launched himself forward pushing off the left foot. With his foot in dorsiflexion and pushing forward, this likely caused a calf strain. 

Considering the demands of the safety position and the possible poor footing due to the weather, this could exacerbate the injury should he play through it. Looking at the depth the team has available including Damar Hamlin, Rapp should rest to be ready for the divisional round. 

A "strain" in this context means a muscle injury vs. a ligament injury (sprain).  But like a sprain, a strain can be graded as mild to severe. 

Anyway, if it's been reported "Grade 1 strain" (mild) I haven't seen that.  All I know is we've been told before that calf strains can linger.

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Their offense is worse this season, notably.  They're a lot more reliant upon Pacheco and the running game than they've been in the past.  Their WRs are second-rate except for the developing rookie Rasheed.  

Their D is better, but only in pass D.   

Our fans are going to be over-the-top up for this game, it reminds me of the home playoff games of the '90s where we went expecting to win, not hoping to win.  

I see this as a repeat of the '91 season game where Kelly couldn't hear squat at Arrowhead, asked the officials to calm the noise, they refused.  At our home playoff game vs. the Chiefs it was so quiet when we were on offense that you could hear Kelly's calls clearly.  When the Chiefs had the ball, ... LOL, you couldn't hear yourself.  

Just hoping that Houston wins as I think they can.  Gotta love Stroud, and that would be a good home playoff game too, but better than @ the Ravens. 

The fans need to get loud in the huddle, not just at the line of scrimmage.  Make it hard for them to hear Mahomes from the start.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Problem is, as big as he is… he gets pushed around on run defense.

True!  Though bring him in on obvious passing downs.  You never know what you're going to get with him, but if it's Righteous Fury Phillips, then it's on like a mofo

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

Question:  when is the last time KC faced a top tier QB on the road and won?  They haven’t even done well against elite QBs at home.  This season they lost to Love at GB, lost to Allen at home, lost to Hurts at home…they beat Tua in Germany and at home, but we know who Tua is…

I just looked at their game splits and this Chiefs team is completely underwhelming.  They finished the regular season on a 5-5 “run” — winning their last two in unimpressive fashion against the Browning Bengals and Hockey Stick Chargers (when everyone was rested).

The last time Mahomes threw for 300 yards?  Against the Chargers in W7.

I think there is an overwhelming sentiment, because of who Mahomes and the Chiefs have been, that they are still an “elite” team.  Do we really believe that their win in an Ice Bowl against the quitting, stinking Fish means they are “back?”  I’d suggest they haven’t played a complete game since W7, and they really have no impressive victories at all this season.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about turnovers.  The “turnover machine” Josh Allen-led Bills have turned it over 28 times through 18 games…the Chiefs have turned it over 29.

I get it, the Bills’ defense is injury ravaged and we’re all anxious because of our BBFS…but on paper this game doesn’t look like a “pick ‘em” at all.

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

Go Bills!!!

15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!!

The Chiefs are not to be underestimated because they have Mahomes.  Saying that, what you talk about is all because people think KC can just flip that switch and turn it on because they have done so in the past.  People been saying that and waiting on it all year and it hasn't happened.  Even though the Miami game was pretty much won on field goals, people think KC turned it on.  I'm not buying it.  They are still dangerous and do have a really good defense. Obviously, we can still lose this game but this still isn't the Chiefs team we have seen in the past.

Edited by Scott7975

27 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

with all due respect I do not see Kelce and swift as seeking attention.

Swift is one of the most popular people on the planet.  She is on a level only a few in music/entertainment have ever reached or even imagined reaching.  She is just living her life going to the games.  If she were some kind of Diva A-hole I could maybe see the pushback but I simply will never understand it right now.  She is good people.

It seems its just the redneck ignorant culture (which the NFL is 90% of) that has made this an issue. 

lol a swifty in every crowd, you can go tell your tumblr community i said mean things I guess

I didnt even say she was an attention *****, i referred to the attention around them.  And dont think for a second that people who make 9 figgies on endorsement deals dont seek attention

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The Chiefs are not to be underestimated because they have Mahomes.  Saying that, what you talk about is all because people think KC can just flip that switch and turn it on because they have done so in the past.  People been saying that and waiting on it all year and it hasn't happened.  Even though the Miami game was pretty much won on field goals, people think KC turned it on.  I'm not buying it.  They are still dangerous and do have a really good defense. Obviously, we can still lose this game but this still isn't the Chiefs team we have seen in the past.

And this seems to be a different Bills team as well.  At least the last 6 games.  Everyone playing with a lot more grit and toughness.  We certainly did not dominate the Chargers Pats and Dolphins on the scoreboard.  But we never panicked and made all the plays we needed in each game to win.  Same with against the Steelers.  Although I thought we dominated them as much as anyone in the streak other than the Cowgirls.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Who says we are confident?

I'm nervous as could be. I see the game as a coin-flip that comes down to the final series.

The Chiefs went 4-4 to finish the Season.

The Bills went 6-2 to finish the season.

The only reason the Chiefs weren't expected to miss the playoffs at any point is because they play in a bad division.

KC was three flukey plays away from having the best record in the NFL. 

And are you saying the AFC East was a good division? The Patriots and Jets were the two worst teams in the AFC. Miami got destroyed every time they played a legit team and they were decimated by injuries down the stretch. Not exactly murderers row there. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The fans need to get loud in the huddle, not just at the line of scrimmage.  Make it hard for them to hear Mahomes from the start.

The key is at the LoS however.  That's where the illegal-procedures will occur.  

2 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

And this seems to be a different Bills team as well.  At least the last 6 games.  Everyone playing with a lot more grit and toughness.  We certainly did not dominate the Chargers Pats and Dolphins on the scoreboard.  But we never panicked and made all the plays we needed in each game to win.  Same with against the Steelers.  Although I thought we dominated them as much as anyone in the streak other than the Cowgirls.  

And there is a good side to this... the team is learning to win when Allen isn't carrying the entire team on his back.  Something that was lacking the last couple years.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Looking like that Rapp calf is more severe than first reported. 

such a bummer.  

Its only wednesday.  I imagine these guys are going to have to be restrained to not want to play in this game.  

This game is THE Game.  This is it.   To quote Bill Parcells "This is why you lift all them weights, this is why you do all that S_it"

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

And are you saying the AFC East was a good division? The Patriots and Jets were the two worst teams in the AFC. Miami got destroyed every time they played a legit team and they were decimated by injuries down the stretch. Not exactly murderers row there. 

Very true. And another thing to consider with the Chiefs is common games....they won @ JAX/NYJ/NE and the Bills were 0-3 in the same games.

They've also been very good on the road this year (7-2 with the only losses @GB with a controversial finish and blowout in Denver when Mahomes was allegedly sick with the flu). This is why I don't feel home field means anything for the Bills now especially with an elite defense and offensive line that KC has and that always travels well in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

lol a swifty in every crowd, you can go tell your tumblr community i said mean things I guess

I didnt even say she was an attention *****, i referred to the attention around them.  And dont think for a second that people who make 9 figgies on endorsement deals dont seek attention

Never used tumblr in my life.   Nice try though.  And for the record my wife and daughter are swifty's I just think she is a really talented person and a really good person.  She is not bothering nor hurting anyone.

it seems to me the people that yell about her are basically using her to draw attention to themselves or their own misery.  Pretty ironic.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

with all due respect I do not see Kelce and swift as seeking attention.

Swift is one of the most popular people on the planet.  She is on a level only a few in music/entertainment have ever reached or even imagined reaching.  She is just living her life going to the games.  If she were some kind of Diva A-hole I could maybe see the pushback but I simply will never understand it right now.  She is good people.

It seems its just the redneck ignorant culture (which the NFL is 90% of) that has made this an issue. 

We have a Swifty ladies and gentlemen.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

One thing that I'm very concerned about in this game, especially with all the injuries...who is going to spy Mahomes?

No he's not JA17 back there, but he's killed teams over the years with his legs too especially in the playoffs and have to figure that will be a big part of the gameplan this week knowing attention will still go Kelce (and now Rice's) way. He had a few big runs against Miami last week too.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

One thing that I'm very concerned about in this game, especially with all the injuries...who is going to spy Mahomes?

No he's not JA17 back there, but he's killed teams over the years with his legs too especially in the playoffs and have to figure that will be a big part of the gameplan this week knowing attention will still go Kelce (and now Rice's) way. He had a few big runs against Miami last week too.

bye!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They've had their struggles with drops/penalties/turnovers at times, but this KC roster is better than last season's. The defense is much better than last year's or any defense in the Mahomes era, and the biggest difference in personnel on the offensive side is swapping Smith-Schuster for Rice, which is looking like a huge upgrade right now. Plus, Mahomes isn't playing with a high ankle sprain this time. 

None of this guarantees anything, but the narrative that the roster is weak isn't accurate. 

7 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

This is so lame.

The Bills lost 2 games in OT, another game because of a flag as time expired (Bills would have won), and another close game overseas where the opponent had 2 weeks overseas to acclimate compared to our three days.

Don't get started on flukey stuff.

The Chiefs AVERAGE loss was by a TD (6 points) and they lost two games by 9 or more. 

7 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

And are you saying the AFC East was a good division? 

It doesn't matter whether its good or bad. The only thing that matters is that a divisional opponent had 11 wins, which makes it harder to win the division.

If any of the Chiefs divisional opponents had 11 wins, the Chiefs may have been a wildcard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

They've had their struggles with drops/penalties/turnovers at times, but this KC roster is better than last season's. The defense is much better than last year's or any defense in the Mahomes era, and the biggest difference in personnel on the offensive side is swapping Smith-Schuster for Rice, which is looking like a huge upgrade right now. Plus, Mahomes isn't playing with a high ankle sprain this time. 

None of this guarantees anything, but the narrative that the roster is weak isn't accurate. 

I'm very curious to know, if the KC roster is better than last season's on offense, why the Chiefs score 8 less points per game than they did in 2022.

The defense? Sure. It's better. Absolutely. Best Mahomes has ever played with.

But the offense? If the roster is better than last year's, why do they score over a touchdown less points per game? I'm not being antagonistic. I'm genuinely curious.

Is it Bienemy being gone? Was he better than everyone thought? Is it Kelce being less effective this year?

Going from 29 PPG to 21 PPG is a significant drop in just one season. What accounts for it?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:
58 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I see a lot of negative mindsets going into this game. I'm on the newer side here, but I assume this happens before every game? Just a week ago you guys were so nervous about the Steelers. Lol

It's funny - I always see opposing fans describe us as "insufferable" and "cocky," but we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Always.

It's decades of history, as well as everything that happened just this season.  I don't think anyone really knows what to expect w/ this team.

If I'm being honest, I'm still slightly nervous about the Steelers game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MPL said:

If I'm being honest, I'm still slightly nervous about the Steelers game. 

The life of a Bills fan in a nutshell.

My version of this is that I never exhale until the clock hits double zeroes. 11 point lead and 90 seconds left? Don't care. I'm a Bills fan. Seen this movie too many times before. When the clock hits zeroes and the coaches and players start pouring onto the field, THEN I can accept that it's a win. Never, ever before then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

The life of a Bills fan in a nutshell.

My version of this is that I never exhale until the clock hits double zeroes. 11 point lead and 90 seconds left? Don't care. I'm a Bills fan. Seen this movie too many times before. When the clock hits zeroes and the coaches and players start pouring onto the field, THEN I can accept that it's a win. Never, ever before then.

NO CELEBRATIONS UNTIL 0:00

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.