Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

These teams have played each other so many times over the past four years it now feels like an in-division game and rivalry. They are so familiar with each other that there are no surprises or awe. Neither are not intimidated. They both have had their moments; the competitive "hate" of a good rivalry is a part of the sauce now. Add to that the iconic fanbases and two old-school football venues with snow and cold which makes for great TV.

And most important of all, the rivalry features two transcendent superstar quarterbacks--two of the best and most exciting players in all of sports (not just the NFL) to watch.

Sunday can't get here soon enough.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep and the reason Burrow can't quite break into that rivalry in the same way is he doesn't have a team with the same divisional dominance. Buffalo and Kansas City both have the best QB and the best coach (now the Hoodie has gone) in their divisions and I'd say by a distance. Whereas Burrow does not have the best Head Coach in his division (indeed I'd argue Taylor is the worst Head coach in the AFC North) and the gap Burrow to Lamar is not as big as Mahomes to Herbert or Allen to Tua. I know Burrow was hurt this year so possibly not fair to point out that Cincy didn't win the division, but we shouldn't forget that the last two years when the Bengals did win the division the Ravens were actually in first place and then Lamar got hurt and they fell away. 

And that divisional dominance matters because it guarantees yearly match ups under the current scheduling model. I haven't crunched the numbers on this by the way but I actually think the Buffalo / KC rivalry which is obviously heightened now they have these two all timers at QB is probably one of the most common out of division match ups in the entire NFL going back 15/20 years. Since 2008 I can only think of three seasons (Rex's last season in 2016, Josh's rookie year in 2018 and I think 2019) where the Bills and Chiefs haven't met at least once and this will be the third time they have met twice. 

I don't care what Bengals fans say, the fact that a nobody came in and steered that offense pretty well made me lose a lot of respect for Burrow's 'brilliance'. He's obviously great, but all those people who were saying he's clearly number 2 behind Mahomes are dead wrong

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Aren't the betting odds currently Bills -2.5, which is basically saying it's a toss-up with a slight edge to the Bills for having home field advantage?

Of course that could change during the week when injury reports come out.

He appears to feel that the NFL is fixed:

During the Miami Week 18 game:

Sound like an objective observer, or like a Bills fan, to you?

Someone get this man laid for his own good

• Like (+1) 1

As much as the world wants this match up, I hate it. Ya it's fun, but the thought of a loss to kc at home is terrible. People seem to be very confident we'll beat them, but this is still Andy Reid with patty Mahomes, and their defense is dominant this year 

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Aren't the betting odds currently Bills -2.5, which is basically saying it's a toss-up with a slight edge to the Bills for having home field advantage?

Of course that could change during the week when injury reports come out.

He appears to feel that the NFL is fixed:

During the Miami Week 18 game:

Sound like an objective observer, or like a Bills fan, to you?

Just because someone is critical and or pessimistic doesn't make them any less of a fan. This is really flawed logic here. 

I'll use myself as an example. I'm extremely critical and often think for the worse. I don't have to tell anyone here this. No surprise here. Wish I wasn't this way but it's perhaps in my DNA. Perhaps, it because of the past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan. Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD  sort of speak. Who knows what's behind my thinking? 

Point is I'm a huge Bills fan. Live, eat, and sleep it sort of speak and within reason. I take Bills losses pretty hard. I've softened up a bit over the years with age.

Truthfully, all I want is one ring!!! I believe this would instantly adjust my thinking. Everything else would be gravy because my dream will have come true. 

I can't wait until Sunday. The Chiefs are very beatable but yet so formidable. I truly see this as a toss up game. Please Bills beat the Chiefs!!!

Go Bills.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

We won 3 of the last 4 games. Should have won the last playoff game. Mahomes cracked last loss. All of this on the road. 

Guys, don’t be surprised if the Bills whoop them. I think we’re due. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Guy's constantly hyping up Miami, the Jets, and KC; and is happy when Buffalo struggles. Yet he professes to be a Bills fan. The guy is nuts for that, and many other reasons. He thinks everything is a conspiracy theory. Completely nuts and an attention seeker.

Hyping up the Jets? The hype stopped and reality set in 4 plays into the season. The Dolphins and Chiefs I get but the Jets were dead once Rodgers went down.

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

We need McDermott to coach his *** off on Sunday, especially if we don’t get some of these guys back. 

I know Josh Allen has to go up against a healthy, elite level defense in KC. 

I don’t know what Mahomes will have to face in Buffalo.  

I want to win, of course, but I’ll be sick if Mahomes comes in here.. in his first road playoff game.. and gets to play a beat up defense.  

Well the fact is the Bills defense is not healthy. Mahomes certainly won't get the best defense the Bills could have on display. Sucks, unfortunate, and sucks some more. Injuries always play a part in football. 

McD knows the Chiefs offense. He's been somewhat successful with his game plans. Unfortunately, not as much come playoff time. Hopefully, things change will the home field advantage. 

The next man up mentality has really been true with this Bills defense. Klein off his RV played remarkable well. Elam with a huge INT and Dorian Williams flashing. This is very encouraging. It will take a total team effort to win. 

The Chiefs team isn't as dominant as previous years. Yet, they are very scary with Mahomes and Jones anchoring their perspective sides. Not to mention their secondary is lights out. Reid will likely have a few tricks up his sleeve. 

On the other side, McD has done a superb job with his depleted D. Hopefully, it can continue. During the winning stretch his defense has been able to close the games. Gotta see it in this game; a huge playoff game. We all know this hasn't been the case. It's his nemesis if you will. Get the monkey off your back.

I believe McD is going to be pretty aggressive on offense. I can see him going for it on 4th downs. 

On defense, Mahomes is a blitz killer. The front four has to get pressure. Likely they can attack their tackles where they appear to be weaker. I wish I could say it's Von Miller time. How great that would be. Just can't see it happening.

Lastly, the Bills need McD not to blow it. I don't say this in a  sarcastic manner. 13 seconds has to be on everyone's mind. It's inevitable. McD was fortunate that the end of the half debacle didn't cost the team. That absolutely gave Pitt life as they were on life support. Making coaching mistakes are going to happen. I get that. However, coaching blunders just can't happen when the teams are so evenly matched. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Not loving more travel bans in OP...I am guessing this will disrupt practice/training room time/prep today/tomorrow. Just what we need going into this huge matchup with a depleted roster. 

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Well the fact is the Bills defense is not healthy. Mahomes certainly won't get the best defense the Bills could have on display. Sucks, unfortunate, and sucks some more. Injuries always play a part in football. 

McD knows the Chiefs offense. He's been somewhat successful with his game plans. Unfortunately, not as much come playoff time. Hopefully, things change will the home field advantage. 

The next man up mentality has really been true with this Bills defense. Klein off his RV played remarkable well. Elam with a huge INT and Dorian Williams flashing. This is very encouraging. It will take a total team effort to win. 

The Chiefs team isn't as dominant as previous years. Yet, they are very scary with Mahomes and Jones anchoring their perspective sides. Not to mention their secondary is lights out. Reid will likely have a few tricks up his sleeve. 

On the other side, McD has done a superb job with his depleted D. Hopefully, it can continue. During the winning stretch his defense has been able to close the games. Gotta see it in this game; a huge playoff game. We all know this hasn't been the case. It's his nemesis if you will. Get the monkey off your back.

I believe McD is going to be pretty aggressive on offense. I can see him going for it on 4th downs. 

On defense, Mahomes is a blitz killer. The front four has to get pressure. Likely they can attack their tackles where they appear to be weaker. I wish I could say it's Von Miller time. How great that would be. Just can't see it happening.

Lastly, the Bills need McD not to blow it. I don't say this in a  sarcastic manner. 13 seconds has to be on everyone's mind. It's inevitable. McD was fortunate that the end of the half debacle didn't cost the team. That absolutely gave Pitt life as they were on life support. Making coaching mistakes are going to happen. I get that. However, coaching blunders just can't happen when the teams are so evenly matched. 

What did McD do at the end of the half in Pitt? 

Edited by PaattMaann

Question:  when is the last time KC faced a top tier QB on the road and won?  They haven’t even done well against elite QBs at home.  This season they lost to Love at GB, lost to Allen at home, lost to Hurts at home…they beat Tua in Germany and at home, but we know who Tua is…

I just looked at their game splits and this Chiefs team is completely underwhelming.  They finished the regular season on a 5-5 “run” — winning their last two in unimpressive fashion against the Browning Bengals and Hockey Stick Chargers (when everyone was rested).

The last time Mahomes threw for 300 yards?  Against the Chargers in W7.

I think there is an overwhelming sentiment, because of who Mahomes and the Chiefs have been, that they are still an “elite” team.  Do we really believe that their win in an Ice Bowl against the quitting, stinking Fish means they are “back?”  I’d suggest they haven’t played a complete game since W7, and they really have no impressive victories at all this season.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about turnovers.  The “turnover machine” Josh Allen-led Bills have turned it over 28 times through 18 games…the Chiefs have turned it over 29.

I get it, the Bills’ defense is injury ravaged and we’re all anxious because of our BBFS…but on paper this game doesn’t look like a “pick ‘em” at all.

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

Go Bills!!!

15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

There’s an interesting article on the board from one of the sources indicating the Mahomes/Allen rivalry is becoming as important as Brady/Manning.

I would agree.

I don't know if it is there yet but it certainly has the pieces. Think about this: these teams will have played each other 7 times in the last 4 years (and are ensured to do so next year as well). That is practically a division rivalry. The last three have been one score games.

If the Allen Bills can beat the Mahomes Chiefs this weekend, then it is definitely the new era of Brady/Manning, and we can reasonably expect another five or so more years of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't know if it is there yet but it certainly has the pieces. Think about this: these teams will have played each other 7 times in the last 4 years (and are ensured to do so next year as well). That is practically a division rivalry. The last three have been one score games.

If the Allen Bills can beat the Mahomes Chiefs this weekend, then it is definitely the new era of Brady/Manning, and we can reasonably expect another five or so more years of it.

If they can't then it is looking more like a new Steelers vs Pats with Allen as Ben and Mahomes as Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just because someone is critical and or pessimistic doesn't make them any less of a fan. This is really flawed logic here. 

I'll use myself as an example. I'm extremely critical and often think for the worse. I don't have to tell anyone here this. No surprise here. Wish I wasn't this way but it's perhaps in my DNA. Perhaps, it because of the past trauma as a 50 year Bills fan. Maybe I'm suffering from PTSD  sort of speak. Who knows what's behind my thinking? 

Point is I'm a huge Bills fan. Live, eat, and sleep it sort of speak and within reason. I take Bills losses pretty hard. I've softened up a bit over the years with age.

Truthfully, all I want is one ring!!! I believe this would instantly adjust my thinking. Everything else would be gravy because my dream will have come true. 

I can't wait until Sunday. The Chiefs are very beatable but yet so formidable. I truly see this as a toss up game. Please Bills beat the Chiefs!!!

Go Bills.

I believe you are a Bills fan. You are just a really emotional one (call it PTSD if you like) who lets your emotional response dictate your assessment of the team sometimes. That isn't meant as a criticism, because you can have an honest and decent conversation about it. 

Filthy Beast is a Dolphins fan and is here and on twitter trolling. This is at least his 3rd incarnation on this site. He is not a Bills fan. 

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Question:  when is the last time KC faced a top tier QB on the road and won?  They haven’t even done well against elite QBs at home.  This season they lost to Love at GB, lost to Allen at home, lost to Hurts at home…they beat Tua in Germany and at home, but we know who Tua is…

I just looked at their game splits and this Chiefs team is completely underwhelming.  They finished the regular season on a 5-5 “run” — winning their last two in unimpressive fashion against the Browning Bengals and Hockey Stick Chargers (when everyone was rested).

The last time Mahomes threw for 300 yards?  Against the Chargers in W7.

I think there is an overwhelming sentiment, because of who Mahomes and the Chiefs have been, that they are still an “elite” team.  Do we really believe that their win in an Ice Bowl against the quitting, stinking Fish means they are “back?”  I’d suggest they haven’t played a complete game since W7, and they really have no impressive victories at all this season.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about turnovers.  The “turnover machine” Josh Allen-led Bills have turned it over 28 times through 18 games…the Chiefs have turned it over 29.

I get it, the Bills’ defense is injury ravaged and we’re all anxious because of our BBFS…but on paper this game doesn’t look like a “pick ‘em” at all.

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

Go Bills!!!

15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!!

I am concerned while our defense is this beaten up. Because my logic is the Chiefs defense is gonna be tough to play. It has been all year. I think they have let up 30 or more once in 2 seasons. They are legit on defense. But that wouldn't worry me if we had all our defensive pieces (and I'm not even meaning Tre and Matt here) because I think we'd be capable of holding them. 

You need to give me one of Bernard (not happening) or Taron (feels 50/50 at best) for Sunday. If we have one of those guys up I just favour the Bills. If they are both down I worry Kelce will destroy us in the middle of the field and it won't matter that Mahomes has no good receivers because they will give Kelce 15 or 16 targets and move the ball. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m sorry, but given all the injuries on D I am not enjoying any of this lead up.

I can’t stop thinking about this game, 24/7, and I can’t stop hoping and praying they get a reasonable number of these guys back on D.  I want this game so very badly. I’d be willing to go bald all over again just to have it.

Please somebody come to my house and bash my head in with a hammer.

Just also be sure to wake me up by 6:30 on Sunday. Shaving and sponge bathing me until I am awake again shall not be required of you, but if it is your thing you may feel free to consider it a bonus. 

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

These teams have played each other so many times over the past four years it now feels like an in-division game and rivalry. They are so familiar with each other that there are no surprises or awe. Neither are not intimidated. They both have had their moments; the competitive "hate" of a good rivalry is a part of the sauce now. Add to that the iconic fanbases and two old-school football venues with snow and cold which makes for great TV.

And most important of all, the rivalry features two transcendent superstar quarterbacks--two of the best and most exciting players in all of sports (not just the NFL) to watch.

Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Other interesting connections: the Reid/McDermott history and the fact that KC drafted Mahomes with the pick they got from Buffalo…

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I believe you are a Bills fan. You are just a really emotional one (call it PTSD if you like) who lets your emotional response dictate your assessment of the team sometimes. That isn't meant as a criticism, because you can have an honest and decent conversation about it. 

Filthy Beast is a Dolphins fan and is here and on twitter trolling. This is at least his 3rd incarnation on this site. He is not a Bills fan. 

I am concerned while our defense is this beaten up. Because my logic is the Chiefs defense is gonna be tough to play. It has been all year. I think they have let up 30 or more once in 2 seasons. They are legit on defense. But that wouldn't worry me if we had all our defensive pieces (and I'm not even meaning Tre and Matt here) because I think we'd be capable of holding them. 

You need to give me one of Bernard (not happening) or Taron (feels 50/50 at best) for Sunday. If we have one of those guys up I just favour the Bills. If they are both down I worry Kelce will destroy us in the middle of the field and it won't matter that Mahomes has no good receivers because they will give Kelce 15 or 16 targets and move the ball. 

Gunner, what would be the plan B to try to limit Kelce's success? 

I am really afraid of Mahomes legs in this game. He can really make huge plays by extending plays and taking off. 

I really respect the KC D. Josh can almost be unstoppable at times and the Bills will need his best version vs that D. 

I will mention that the Bills O did pretty well vs a pretty tough Pitt D. Granted no Watt tremendously helped. I think that's the most or pretty close to the most their D has given up all season. 

Do you think this could be a Gabe game if he plays? 

Lastly, I'd like to discuss McD. Against Pitt, his number one priority was stopping the run. The pass threat was minimal. Thus, the Steelers were a pretty easy game plan for McD. 

However, the KC offense is a totally different animal for obvious reasons. Despite their offensive struggles they remain a dangerous team especially in the playoffs. Last year, they won it all while many of us thought they weren't that good. Wondering what kind of game plan McD has to stop Pacheco who didn't play last game, Kelce, Rice, and Mahomes? 

Edited by newcam2012

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe Rapp can fill Taron shoes? 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I hear you, but I do have faith in McD not to let that happen.  The strength of this defense is the DL and they are healthy.  If we stop the run and dedicate coverage to Kelce I think we’ll be fine.  They can move the ball between the 20s…we will stop them from scoring TDs.

I also think Allen is going to have an easier time against the KC defense than many think.  Their defense is very good but Allen is on another level and we actually have multiple weapons (Diggs/Cook/Kincaid/Knox/Shakir)…I’m not even including or counting on Gabe.

Anyway, we’ll see on Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m sorry, but given all the injuries on D I am not enjoying any of this lead up.

I can’t stop thinking about this game, 24/7, and I can’t stop hoping and praying they get a reasonable number of these guys back on D.  I want this game so very badly. I’d be willing to go bald all over again just to have it.

Please somebody come to my house and bash my head in with a hammer.

Just also be sure to wake me up by 6:30 on Sunday. Shaving and sponge bathing me until I am awake again shall not be required of you, but if it is your thing you may feel free to consider it a bonus. 

Go Bills!

The bright side is we'll know a little more after today's practice as far as the injuries, a little more tomorrow, and even more Friday.  So there's always a chance we get a little good news here and there each day leading up to the weekend.  I'm also anxious (not "bash me in the head with a hammer" anxious...yet) so it's making the lead-up to the game not super fun, but hopefully we get some good news on the injury front over the next day or two to make things a little easier to stomach.

AND...we do have Josh Allen, and we're at home.  He seems to be in playoff mode, so maybe even with the injuries on D he can just go super nova for us on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I am really afraid of Mahomes legs in this game. He can really make huge plays by extending plays and taking off. 

I really respect the KC D. Josh can almost be unstoppable at times and the Bills will need his best version vs that D. 

I will mention that the Bills O did pretty well vs a pretty tough Pitt D. Granted no Watt tremendously helped. I think that's the most or pretty close to the most their D has given up all season. 

Put Rasul on Kelce? Rapp/Taron alternate at nickel? Try to keep Taron as fresh as possible? 

Aside from Allen I would say Cook is the key to this game. They have to run the ball and if Cook has a big day, then that will help our defense. With the injuries on that side of the ball it is definitely in the Bills best interest to keep Mahomes and company on the sideline.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One thing I just realized... when we played against the Chiefs earlier this season (Week 14), that was part of that series of games when Gabe went 3 out of 4 (the exception being the Philly game) without catching a single pass. It will be interesting to see what his role would be if he is indeed healthy against a team that he has had success against in the past.

Edited by 2003Contenders
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I hear you, but I do have faith in McD not to let that happen.  The strength of this defense is the DL and they are healthy.  If we stop the run and dedicate coverage to Kelce I think we’ll be fine.  They can move the ball between the 20s…we will stop them from scoring TDs.

I also think Allen is going to have an easier time against the KC defense than many think.  Their defense is very good but Allen is on another level and we actually have multiple weapons (Diggs/Cook/Kincaid/Knox/Shakir)…I’m not even including or counting on Gabe.

Anyway, we’ll see on Sunday night.

I like this optimism. Hope you are right by a million. 

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Put Rasul on Kelce? Rapp/Taron alternate at nickel? Try to keep Taron as fresh as possible? 

You think they put Rasul on Kelce? Interesting. WR Rice looks dangerous. Someone has to account for him and his speed. 

8 hours ago, 90sBills said:

It’s definitely the best shot up to date. This is a must win for the Bills. Lose this game and this regime will not get a championship regardless of how good Allen can be at times. 

Terrible take

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Aside from Allen I would say Cook is the key to this game. They have to run the ball and if Cook has a big day, then that will help our defense. With the injuries on that side of the ball it is definitely in the Bills best interest to keep Mahomes and company on the sideline.

Agree the Bills really need Cook. In the past KC would be less concerned with stopping the Bills running game. 

I think a lot has changed recently. The Chiefs secondary is much better as well as the Bills run attack is. Interesting to see how successful the Bills can run it and how much KC tries to attack it. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

1. Maybe Taylor Rapp (if healthy himself)? In some sort of dime / hybrid linebacker / big nickel role?

2. Yep, and again our athleticism at the second level if our starters end up being Klein, Dodson and Lewis concerns me there too. Might have to really ask the ends to be disciplined and that takes away from your pass rush. What would you rather have? Pick your poison. 

3. Agee. I think we are going to need another exceptional performance from Josh and his supporting cast, which - other than the Knox drop right after half time - showed out pretty well for him vs Pitt. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Not loving more travel bans in OP...I am guessing this will disrupt practice/training room time/prep today/tomorrow. Just what we need going into this huge matchup with a depleted roster. 

The Bills just need to put the word out that players need to get to the stadium, and within half an hour they will have both DOT and PD escorting them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Despite what you and some other want to believe...I actually have tons of credibility on predictions, and was one of the few to prediction the Texans not only beating the Browns, but doing it fairly easily which was the case.

And trust me, I know I'm not going to be the only one here taking the Chiefs over the Bills this week. Confident that 75% or more of the talking heads and pundits outside of Buffalo probably will too but obviously doesn't mean it's set in stone...just looking at the historical data and facts which obviously matter until proven otherwise.

Tons of credibility = 170 followers.  

heavy metal 80s GIF by RETRO-FIEND

You need to wake up

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Maybe Taylor Rapp (if healthy himself)? In some sort of dime / hybrid linebacker / big nickel role?

2. Yep, and again our athleticism at the second level if our starters end up being Klein, Dodson and Lewis concerns me there too. Might have to really ask the ends to be disciplined and that takes away from your pass rush. What would you rather have? Pick your poison. 

3. Agee. I think we are going to need another exceptional performance from Josh and his supporting cast, which - other than the Knox drop right after half time - showed out pretty well for him vs Pitt. 

Number 2 really concerns me. This is the exact type of game that Milano would thrive in. 

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I don't think it's bein discussed enough how we have the opportunity to put the dagger in the Chiefs this Sunday. 

I think we all know this...

I agree with those saying the defensive injuries may be too much to overcome. 

Mahomes is obviously a super confident guy unfazed by anything. He'll strut into the stadium and it won't bother him at all. I fear it could be death by a thousand paper cuts with him just extending drives with short passes and a few scrambles.

For me the key is to try and get a takeaway early and build a lead. Force Mahomes to stay in the pocket a second longer looking for something deep, or take a risk on a throw trying to make a big play. Our defensive line is very good at batting passes, so I hope they can bat one in the air that gets picked off.

• Like (+1) 3

Balanced Offense

The Chiefs are 3-5 when their opponents run for 118+.

1-3 at 123+.

The Chiefs rushing D is not good.  Cook & Co. with a few Allen runs sprinkled in for good measure should be enough regardless of the D.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I agree with those saying the defensive injuries may be too much to overcome. 

Mahomes is obviously a super confident guy unfazed by anything. He'll strut into the stadium and it won't bother him at all. I fear it could be death by a thousand paper cuts with him just extending drives with short passes and a few scrambles.

For me the key is to try and get a takeaway early and build a lead. Force Mahomes to stay in the pocket a second longer looking for something deep, or take a risk on a throw trying to make a big play. Our defensive line is very good at batting passes, so I hope they can bat one in the air that gets picked off.

What's really not being talked about much is the Chiefs defensive game plan. We all know Spags is pretty aggressive and will bring some timely pressure. This can be a game where Allen is running for his life. 

I feel like their secondary matches up very well with the Bills WRs. Diggs is largely a non factor vs KC. Shakir doesn't get enough volume and who knows about Gabe. Either way Gabe isn't reliable. 

The x factors are Kincaid and Cook. Both could have some big games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Sounds like they’re all day to day on defense(even Bernard) according to McDermott and given we won’t feel as comfy as we did pre Steelers game I’d suspect a lot of them play 

I don’t think attempting the fg there was a ‘blunder’ in the way 13 seconds was lol for me the most important coaching matchup in this one is Brady vs spagnuolo.  That chiefs offense is not the explosive group its been in the past but they can absolutely hold a team under 17 points 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.