Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

1 hour ago, Bimmer323i said:

So here starts the Mahomes is the best qb in the league talk again…. On what basis cause he’s won a few Super Bowls and Allen hasn’t… So what pound for pound eye test to eye test Allen is better and I’m not just saying that cause I’m a Bills fan… Allen is bigger stronger faster runs people over stronger arm did I leave anything out… Awe man I hope Allen puts the smack down Sunday night and shut all these *** holes up for once

“Allen is bigger stronger faster runs people over stronger arm did I leave anything out…”

Based on this statement, Cam Newton was the best QB in the league in his prime.

5 minutes ago, UmbrellaMan said:

“Allen is bigger stronger faster runs people over stronger arm did I leave anything out…”

Based on this statement, Cam Newton was the best QB in the league in his prime.

Cam did win an MVP 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m sure Kool Aid man was prepping for the Bills. Not the Steelers. And he wasn’t doing nothing. 

And so if that’s the case…and maybe it is…then shouldn’t the Bills staff have been doing likewise? 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is absolutely going to light the chiefs up. Their defensive game plan is based on all those disguised pressures, and in arrowhead, Josh is constantly dealing with the noise in trying to get to the right plays and projections. Won’t have any of those issues this week.

i am predicting a monster game by him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Josh is absolutely going to light the chiefs up. Their defensive game plan is based on all those disguised pressures, and in arrowhead, Josh is constantly dealing with the noise in trying to get to the right plays and projections. Won’t have any of those issues this week.

i am predicting a monster game by him. 

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

23 hours ago, BBFL said:

Of the past 6 games between these teams, 5 have been at Arrowhead. That gives Josh a record of 3-2. Mahomes is 1-0 @ Buffalo. He isn’t getting another win. 

Time for Buffalo to get some home field advantage

Covid year, no fans and messed up scheduling, fwiw. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And so if that’s the case…and maybe it is…then shouldn’t the Bills staff have been doing likewise? 

Mcd said after the game yesterday that position coaches were already prepping for the chiefs

Edited by BillsFan2313
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

My early week thoughts

1. The Bernard injury is devastating.  That kid’s tackling and nose for the ball is astounding. 
2. Allen v Mahommes is great for the NFL.  
3. Pachenco and CEH are going to run hard. 
4. Could the Kelce brothers retire together after this one?  Their podcast is awesome and this would give them more time to dedicate to it. 

5. Josh is going to hit Diggs on a deep route in stride this game.  They’re getting closer to it each game. 
6. I’d be surprised if Buffalo gets 100 combined rushing yards in this game.  
7. Lewis and Hamlin and Jackson and Elam were playing behind Klein.  Sheesh. Hopefully Buffalo gets some players back. 
8. Josh is spinning the ball well. He had four incredible throws of which 2 were TDs and 2 should have been TDs.  His pass to Kincaid in endzone at the pylon was broken up by Pitt but it had TD all over it. And Rowe got a tip on his goal line pass to Diggs that was also a TD. 
9. I was surprised how little they went to Shakir. 
10. Shakir and Harty could be the secret weapons against the Chiefs who will slant coverage to the TEs and Diggs. 

Edited by wjag
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Did someone say 13 seconds?

I'm just gonna keep posting this anytime someone brings up that game....

Several factors contributed to the loss

1) 13 seconds

2) they had all three time outs left

3) they had Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill

4) some Bills players and coaches were already celebrating on the sidelines like the game was over

5) they only needed a FG to tie and go to OT.

99/100 times that game should’ve been over. 3 time outs or not. The odds of completing a Hail Mary are better than going 50 yards (or whatever it was) in 13 seconds and then hitting the extremely long FG then going the length of the field in OT. It was the collapse of all collapses in sports history. McD won’t live it down until he wins a ring IMO 

55 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I’m sure Kool Aid man was prepping for the Bills. Not the Steelers. And he wasn’t doing nothing. 

The two days is highly unlikely to be an advantage or disadvantage from a prep/scheme standpoint. These teams know each other better than they probably know their divisional opponents and played each other about a month ago. Both teams also surely worked ahead a bit (as all playoff teams do).

KC has a solid D.  On the road they gave up 27 at Green Bay and 24 at Denver (although they only allowed 240 total yards).

I don’t think KC will be phased one iota by playing on the road.  They probably relish this opportunity.  

We need 30 points from Allen and the O.

To get their the Bills probably need to force 2-3 turnovers and protect the ball on our side.  The mafia in the stands needs to will some takeaways to happen.

3 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

And i’m sure Taylor and Hailee will be there to greet all the patrons to this great event 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

I am not naive enough to discount a Mahomes and Reid led team. The Chiefs have not established a deep threat receiver since Hill left. Their bread and butter is passes that don't go farther than 15 yards. I think Clappy can game plan for this. Yes their defense is good but not great at any particular thing. Not good enough to take away all our running and receiving threats.

This year (not every year) we are better than kc. We are hungrier that they are and will win and cover the spread.

• Agree 2

Just now, stuvian said:

I am not naive enough to discount a Mahomes and Reid led team. The Chiefs have not established a deep threat receiver since Hill left. Their bread and butter is passes that don't go farther than 15 yards. I think Clappy can game plan for this. Yes their defense is good but not great at any particular thing. Not good enough to take away all our running and receiving threats.

This year (not every year) we are better than kc. We are hungrier that they are and will win and cover the spread.

I’d say their real bread and butter is mahommes scrambling. Hes KILLING teams w it. We are very poor at stopping that. Needs to change Sunday

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

I’d say their real bread and butter is mahommes scrambling. Hes KILLING teams w it. We are very poor at stopping that. Needs to change Sunday

agreed. I think we need to keep contain on the edge and collapse the pocket from inside. But even then, he can step up and juke out a spy or make some insane throw. 

Hope this hasn't been posted yet, but I heard an awesome segment today on The Herd with Colin Cowherd today on the radio about McD and Buffalo. What I will write below is a paraphrase of what he said:

Cowherd's gist was this team is like the Giants team of 2007 with Tom Coughlin, which won the SB over New England.

In early December, a high-critical article about McD came out by Tyler Dunne, with 25 different sources. There was the 9-11 controversy, the Von miller controversy, Dorsey had to be fired, Frazier left, etc. The team was in crisis. Ty Dunn said McD was too rigid and intense, and players had become uptight. McD had two choices: be defensive or adjust. He chose the latter. He was thoughtful and pro-active. The Buffalo Bills have not lost since that article.

The same happened with Tom Coughlin of the Giants in late 2006. He had great players, a great defensive line, and Eli Manning. Wellington Mara, the owner, came to him and said you are losing the locker room. Lighten up with the media, lighten up with the players. The players want to love you. And to his credit, Coughlin did. He spoke to his wife, who said show them your friendly and warm personal side you show only at home.

The Bills have had two outstanding drafts in the past two years. They have become twitchier at WR, faster on offense. They are less reliant on Josh, although he still makes great plays that no one else can do, like Lamar Jackson.

This team feels like those Giants teams, with a great QB, great defensive linemen, an intense coach, high expectations, mid-season controversy, and a pro-active coach. Sean McDermott needed a kick in the pants. The Tyler Dunne article provided that. It had 25 different sources which angered and damned McD. But it caused McD to lighten up and win back the locker room.

[Bills talk begin at 4:07)

mafia miracle.jpg

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

I’m so glad they don’t have Tyreek, that guy and Kelce were just too much.

Toney is fast but they kept him inactive last week, probably because of his screw ups.

Kelce has had the dropsies and even without dropping he seems easier to cover. I have to believe he’s lost a step. But Mahomes is the man and like Allen, as long as he is leading KC they have a great chance to win.

Gonna be a helluva game 

6 minutes ago, balln said:

I respect Mahomes a lot but his strength isn't scrambling. If KC needs him to scramble to win, we've got this. I think Clappy knows enough about Reid's tendencies to nullify that threat

11 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I’m more worried about their D than O. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I respect Mahomes a lot but his strength isn't scrambling. If KC needs him to scramble to win, we've got this. I think Clappy knows enough about Reid's tendencies to nullify that threat

I’m not sure how you can say this.  Mahomes is the best scrambler in the league.  I think the Bills will win, but I’m not sure how you can deny Mahomes’s scrambling ability.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m so glad they don’t have Tyreek, that guy and Kelce were just too much.

Toney is fast but they kept him inactive last week, probably because of his screw ups.

Kelce has had the dropsies and even without dropping he seems easier to cover. I have to believe he’s lost a step. But Mahomes is the man and like Allen, as long as he is leading KC they have a great chance to win.

Gonna be a helluva game 

Kelce is getting long in the tooth...might have a few good years left but then it's a massive black hole at tight end. Gray is a nice player...he isn't Kelce.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I’m not sure how you can say this.  Mahomes is the best scrambler in the league.  I think the Bills will win, but I’m not sure how you can deny Mahomes’s scrambling ability.

9 minutes ago, stuvian said:

He literally has killed the bills with this. He killed them so badly in afccg that beane freaked out and panic drafted boogie and groot. Then still wasn’t enough and spent the future for Von 

he won the game vs bengals last year in playoffs 

go watch ny jets game this year 

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't, just being realistic. There's a reason why the Bills are only 2 point favorites at home and suspect that line moves in KC's direction as the week plays out.

Obviously I've been wrong before but the Chiefs looked extremely dominant against the same Dolphins team we barely beat the week before. They are 7-2 on the road this year and will have a massive chip on their shoulder heading into Buffalo to not only kill the 'never played a road playoff game' narrative and prove that their loss against the Bills last month was a fluke because of that Toney offside crap. They know they are also living rent free in the entire Bills organization heads after the last playoff meeting too.

If the Bills can jump on them similar to what happened the first time and yesterday against the Steelers I think they obviously have a shot.

Stop.  You are wrong 99% of the time.  You bet against the Bills always.  You had Miami the whole year until they lost then acted like you were always about the Chiefs.  The only times you have been right is the times the Bills got kicked from the playoffs.  Thats not hard to be right about that when you are against the Bills almost 100% of the time.  You are the pinnacle of broken clock. The only difference is you try to act like you are always right when in reality you are almost always wrong.  

Go back to trolling twitter that no one even responds to there because you are a dumb ass on twitter too.  Keep it away from here. Troll.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, balln said:

he won the game vs bengals last year in playoffs 

and the super bowl with an even better scramble (while reinjuring his high ankle sprain) 

Edited by beebe

1 minute ago, beebe said:

and the super bowl with an even better scramble (while reinjuring his high ankle sprain) 

Don’t remember but I believe it. He drew a questionable oob hit penalty vs bengals LB. Ended the game 

9 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree 100% with this, but the Chiefs and Mahomes are obviously a different animal then most of the teams we've played in recent weeks including beating them in KC which the entire Chiefs organization believes was a fluke because of a questionable call and will make sure they aren't in position for that to happen again.

Also why should I be questioned as a fan because I believe the team that is 2-0 against the Bills in the playoffs, has the best QB in the NFL, been to 3 superbowls (won 2 including last year), etc isn't going to take care of business and do what they always do regardless of finally getting homefield in Buffalo?

If the Chiefs had looked like trash and barely beat the Dolphins I'd probably have a much different feeling right now. But they didn't, and looked like a team ready to win another championship especially since the offense was clicking magically.

They kicked field goals all day brah and their touted defense stopped a team that is now 0-11 in under 40 degrees.  Big deal.  You are questioned as a fan because you havent had the Bills back since you been here.  Its always someone else.  Miami for 4 straight years now.  When it wasn't Miami it was the Pats.  When you were on BBMB you were no different there either.  Stop with the oh woe is me.  You know damn well why people don't think you are a fan.  Its pretty simple... you never act like one.  Even the ones that criticize the team around here still act like fans.  You don't.

Edited by Scott7975

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

If he was “gassed” do you not think he would have subbed someone in?  C’mon that is how he was asked to line up.

My favorite postgame quote came from Ed. He said: "I heard they wanted to play yesterday in the blizzard because they thought they could run the ball. Then we give them even better conditions, and they still can’t run the ball. ..." 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Einstein said:

My favorite postgame quote came from Ed. He said: "I heard they wanted to play yesterday in the blizzard because they thought they could run the ball. Then we give them even better conditions, and they still can’t run the ball. ..." 

he has had some great lines. Cracks me up!

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.