Wild card round - Steelers @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Wow. Guys are acting like we’re losing. Wake up!!! We’re dominating this game 

It’s really embarrassing hearing so many people bitching and moaning. Fans have so little respect for the talent on this team and the HC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

He didn’t need the 3 pts in this situation.  Should be 21 - 0.  Play it smart, he’s not !!  Horrible football decision. 

50 yard fg under these conditions with a 21 pt lead? SMFH!

Trust your players and go for the kill, that’s what I say. When this team is hot we don’t want to play it safe. Easy to be right in hindsight. 

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

It’s not just that, leads to 7 pts instead of 21 zip and you shift all the momentum you have with the score and injury.  This coach or a fool.

How do we know what happens if we punt? What if their returnman does a Harty and Martin gets hurt? 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You wanted to punt?

This board would have erupted if McD had punted. It was a good call, but, truthfully, a punt would have been better if it pinned them way back with three minutes on the clock. 

• Agree 1

We can sign any punter not currently under contract...and the season is now over for a lot of players.

We can also sign a punter off any practice squad as long as that team is not in the playoffs.  

We can get someone in there who knows how to punt at the NFL level.

won't be the best, but it's not unfixable nightmare.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

So now we pretty much have to score after halftime, since we have no punter. My god, not having a punter could be the difference maker in this game. Why do we have to go through the flukiest crap?

So does this mean they are gonna go for it every 4th down ? They have to have some kind of solution in the event of this scenario.  

Just now, finn said:

This board would have erupted if McD had punted. It was a good call, but, truthfully, a punt would have been better if it pinned them way back with three minutes on the clock. 

You go for it. Punting no way. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I hated the clock management and decisions at and near the end of the half.

Last week we could have sunk Miami with a 52 yard FG in Miami. We go for it.

This week we kick at the end of the stadium where it is tough to kick, even without wind for some reason, when we have them on the ropes.

not a fan. I get the why but the circumstances and Bass having an off year? Nah.

Right.  Romo was right.  Up by 21, keep the clock running by running on second down. Force Steelers to use time outs.  

And you're right about the field goal.  No need for it there.  

McDermott really does have clock issues. 

I probably would have gone for it, but don't hate the call.  We're going to have to count on Bass in the off-season, and that was a good low pressure opportunity to see how you're feeling about him.  Can't let result dictate assessment of the decision.

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Kicking a FG? Just asking 

I don't mind the field goal attempt.  Not running clock and driving the field, couple incompletions and boom.  Who could have predicted the block and excellent field position.  Still if Dane could cover a manatee they may not have scored there.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

Yeah, a hamstring injury on the punter seems less than ideal. 

Yet sam Martin is on the field and just punted like 12 times without signs of having any stojan

• Like (+1) 2