1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

23 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

At home because today is the first MLK day a job has given me off ever. Watching The Child so the grandparents get a break. I have all the makings of Buffalo style pizza going and prepped. The child's nap time wakeup has been right at game time.

Crusty pizza with cup and char pepperoni and Bills football. The cycle of child abuse Bills fandom continues, even out of WNY

I'm confused wouldn't it be the other way around ? Or did your grandparents have children lmao?

3 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm confused wouldn't it be the other way around ? Or did your grandparents have children lmao?

My wife and I both work. So the inlaws watch two grandchildren (mine and my MiL's) 5 days a week for what right now is 10 hour days. They do it for free/us helping with groceries for our own children. 

So with me and my SiL off (she's a teacher) we can give them an extra day to relax.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm amused how they seem to be strategically clearing the stadium now. Behind the Steeler bench and by the tunnel. Probably smart.

Yep . High percentage chance of snowball activity in those areas 

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

My wife and I both work. So the inlaws watch two grandchildren (mine and my MiL's) 5 days a week for what right now is 10 hour days. They do it for free/us helping with groceries for our own children. 

So with me and my SiL off (she's a teacher) we can give them an extra day to relax.

Got it. They're giving you a break not the other way around...don't take that for granted 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Field looks good but with about 2.5 plus hours to go to the game will they be able to shovel out the seats?

No. Wear ski gear and bring a pad for both your butt and your feet.

19 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm amused how they seem to be strategically clearing the stadium now. Behind the Steeler bench and by the tunnel. Probably smart.

That's hilarious. Bonus points for trying to prevent snow ball mess on the Steelers. I really see a fan 15 yard penalty coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fans will just have to stand in it and crunch the snow down a bit.  That's all you can do.  Physically impossible to clear that much snow off rows and seats in 24 hours especially with no melting involved. It's Cold!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Seriously though, have the bills even practiced since Friday? Hopefully they don't look like rusty buckets 

Driving ban didn’t go in effect til Sat night, I think, so hopefully they were inside on Sat afternoon honing their skills.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I love how unglamorous this is. Looks like an Amazon warehouse worker arriving for his shift

they should have been able to get in for a saturday practice, if that was part of the original plan. 

what time was it on saturday that the game was officially moved to Monday? 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Seriously though, have the bills even practiced since Friday? Hopefully they don't look like rusty buckets 

Nah, i think they took the back half of the week off.  They can use the same gameplan from last time we played Pittsburgh.  No worries 😕

36 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I’m still trying to figure that out. 

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Gotta bring the pain early on D and bring the intensity.  The offense needs to play loose and have fun.  The teams that have won so far, Houston, KC, GB and Detroit were all flying around, especially 1st half and the offense was aggressive and doing their thing.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.