Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

I think they get more physical recovery time.  And that’s the biggest advantage.  Extra days to heal.  

I think that is a valid concern. But given the weather I’m more concerned with winning this game. Moving to Monday hopefully brings some of their talent advantage into the mix again. 

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How does this Miami homer idiot even have NFL credentials.  

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

How does this Miami homer idiot even have NFL credentials.  

Think they are missing the safety component for fans and workers. The new stadium is not below the ground and has some fan cover. Likely this will mitigate the insane swirls that exist at the Ralph/Highmark. It’s about the potential disaster of 70,000 traveling in this. Watt and Steeler fans were and are hoping for the worst possible conditions knowing that helps them. 

24 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

And it’s not even the “rest” it’s coaches and players have 2 extra days to plan as well. I’m sure they’ll at least give us a Sunday game but it’s ok we’re the bills and if this is our year we’ll find a way

They wouldn't really be able to plan because they won't know for sure who they are playing until after the game on Monday. But it does give them 2 extra days go rest and heal up

The  league could have shown a little foresight.  Buffalo is the NFL City most likely to have weather that could force the postponement or relocation of a game.  Knowing that, the league could have scheduled Buffalo-Pittsburgh on a Saturday.  That way, if weather forced a postponement, they could still have played on a Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Unless they draft someone else.  

You see Pickett being the one?  He's been Neil O'Donnell like two seasons in.  

Trubisky's a verifiable backup.  

Lots of FA QBs and they could afford to sign one as little $$ invested  in QBs now.  Cousins would fit there 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

Actually, it's happened multiple times in other places, like both Minnesota and Philadelphia. Which you would know if you actually read the article.

Take your political crusade somewhere else.

Did you read the article? The Minny game was moved because the dome collapsed….

the Government moving the game and not the nfl (acting alone) is unprecedented 

Edited by peterpan

19 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The one thing I don't like about the decision is the short week it will give the Bills to prep for the division round assuming they beat Pittsburgh.  Buffalo's potential opponents next weekend all play today.  The fact that Buffalo's opponent next weekend will have played their wild card weekend game today (Saturday) makes it even worse.   

It's a massive advantage for the Chiefs/Texans/Browns. Unprecedented, actually.

Any one of those three teams will likely be favored next weekend.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The one thing I don't like about the decision is the short week it will give the Bills to prep for the division round assuming they beat Pittsburgh.  Buffalo's potential opponents next weekend all play today.  The fact that Buffalo's opponent next weekend will have played their wild card weekend game today (Saturday) makes it even worse.   

At least they won't know who to prepare for tho. 

16 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I hear you but overall the move to move the game to Monday is a huge win for Buffalo. 

Pitt is the only game that counts. This move makes our offense more functional and dangerous. It gives back a huge edge to the Bills. If the Bills played on Sunday the Steelers chances would have increased on game script alone. 

I think the Bills team is pretty resilient. They should be able to handle one day less of rest. I think we fans and players have been salivating to play KC in a home game. They should be ready to play regardless of a day less rest no matter the opponent. 

I think the only real derailment would be an injury to a key player. 

7 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Did you read the article? The Minny game was moved because the dome collapsed….

Yes, I read the article.

The Minnesota game had already been rescheduled for the following day before the roof collapsed. (when they got 15" of snow, not the 2-3' expected in Buffalo).

Then it was moved to another location after the roof collapsed.

Take your dome and gub'ment nonsense the same place the other guy is taking his political nonsense.

• Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's a massive advantage for the Chiefs/Texans/Browns. Unprecedented, actually.

Any one of those three teams will likely be favored next weekend.

Yup, they will have a 40% rest advantage

Whatever happens from this point on...I blame Miami. 

If they didn't trot out a noodle armed QB that has zero clutch gene and they were able to handle business at home and win the division both the Dolphins and Bills would be playing in warmer Florida. And I would be there having fun in the sun all week. Now I'm stuck home and have to shovel snow tomorrow. Seriously, EFF the Fins. Screw everything up. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, saundena said:

Yup, they will have a 40% rest advantage

So by this logic, every team coming off a bye or mini-bye should be favored in any game.

That isn't how it works.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

For all the "domers", remember what happened in Minnesota with their first dome.

That dome was old, though and was essentially covered with a tarp. Though, I'll say, even if we had a dome, this game was still gonna get postponed 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Though, I'll say, even if we had a dome, this game was still gonna get postponed 

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp.

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Buffalo routinely gets 2-3 feet of snow and its life as normal.  The reports online predict 12” for this weekend.  Less than Minny got.

For the last time, the snow accumulation itself is not the problem.

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Others are mad but i’m elated! If the weather will be any better, I think that favors us.

You mean like a dome would favor us ? 

Edited by Putin
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Buffalo routinely gets 2-3 feet of snow and its life as normal.  The reports online predict 12” for this weekend.  Less than Minny got.

.........Governor....Governor.....

This is a bunch of BS, capped off by a lie.

Snowfall forecasts are up to 30", twice what Minn got and having roads impassable is not life as normal.

Drop the political nonsense.

Now.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

The Steelers are now flying in tomorrow night, arriving at 7 pm.  I would think that getting their flight in safely and at a reasonable time had a little bit to do with the game being moved as well, so their fans can just ***** off with their comments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BRH said:

So by this logic, every team coming off a bye or mini-bye should be favored in any game.

That isn't how it works.

This is the playoffs, elimination is at stake.  They should endeavor to keep things as equal so possible 

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t understand why people are against a dome  with a retractable roof ?

I don't understand why people think a dome of ANY kind would have gotten this game played tomorrow.

1 minute ago, BRH said:

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp.

Many grasp it, then again acknowledging it would impede an agenda.

I hoped that the Bills would build a dome, but they didn't.  Great, still can't wait to get to the new stadium.

All this crazy stuff about the game being postponed has happened.  Great, I'll watch the Bills Monday.

Now it's all about the unfair advantage.  If the Bills win, great.  They just will have to suck it up and win the following Sunday.

I have a lot of family back in the Buffalo area.  I hope they all stay safe, even though I wanted the game to be played on Sunday.

It's not going to happen now, so it's no big deal.  It is what it is.

1 minute ago, saundena said:

This is the playoffs, elimination is at stake.  They should endeavor to keep things as equal so possible 

Still doesn't explain why we wouldn't be favored.

And anyway, it's my son's 21st birthday on Monday and when the game got moved, his amazing big sister and her friends chipped in and bought him a ticket to go with them.  (They weren't going to deal with tomorrow's weather.)  They asked if I wanted to go with them.  Nah, I've paid my dues -- I was at the first Houston playoff game on New Year's Day and the AFCCG against KC -- and I'm perfectly happy to watch this one from the warmth of my home in front of a big TV.  But I'm stoked that my son gets to experience this on his birthday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Nobody is against it. It’s just that it isn’t going to happen so complaining about it is pointless.

Is it too late or can they still at least have a conversation about it and maybe reconsider?

29 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The  league could have shown a little foresight.  Buffalo is the NFL City most likely to have weather that could force the postponement or relocation of a game.  Knowing that, the league could have scheduled Buffalo-Pittsburgh on a Saturday.  That way, if weather forced a postponement, they could still have played on a Sunday.

How could they have played on Sunday? They obviously can't play on Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.