NFLPA All Pro Team

DCOrange

https://nflpa.com/posts/the-players-all-pro

The NFLPA published their All Pro team for the 2023 season. Players could only vote on their own position/positions they line up against (i.e. C voting for DT). Also could not vote for teammates.

Should be noted they only name a 1st team All Pro. No Buffalo Bills made the list (should also note they did not have a slot corner spot, just two corners so Taron isn't a snub).

Realistically they should drop the fullback and add a 3rd WR, less than half the teams in the league carry a fullback.  Also only about half the teams run a 3-4 yet they have a nose tackle, even though nearly every team has a slot corner.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Niners ands Cowboys should never lose with all the HOFers. 

Also, no COY or MVP from either because of all the support they already have.

I say it tongue in cheek, but these things a re a joke. Just because it's the players doesn't mean they know any better than anyone else. No TJ Watt? LOL Daron Bland LMAO

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

8 hours ago, Coldfronts said:

9er's centric 

Maybe a little.  😜

I have no real argument with this all pro list, either.

However, 1 question: if the Niners DON’T win the Super Bowl this year are they going to get any heat from the talking head gutter-snipes around the country the way the Bills do?

What magical excuse is going to come up for it to be ok and give the Niners a pass?

I like the Niners, but I’m making the call here, not only do I don’t think they’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but I don’t even think they’re going to make it to the Super Bowl. Just a hunch.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

23 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Niners ands Cowboys should never lose with all the HOFers. 

Also, no COY or MVP from either because of all the support they already have.

I say it tongue in cheek, but these things a re a joke. Just because it's the players doesn't mean they know any better than anyone else. No TJ Watt? LOL Daron Bland LMAO

Why are you laughing at Bland - dude should have a legitimate shot at DPOY. Best CB in football this year

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why are you laughing at Bland - dude should have a legitimate shot at DPOY. Best CB in football this year

Is this sarcastic? If the guy wasn’t picking off the ball he was giving up huge amounts of catches and yards. There’s a reason why they kept throwing in his direction 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Is this sarcastic? If the guy wasn’t picking off the ball he was giving up huge amounts of catches and yards. There’s a reason why they kept throwing in his direction 

Can you back that up with anything?

Sure didn't look like it when I watched him.

He's got a 90.4 PFF grade
He's allowing a passer rating of 60.8 to opposing QBs
He leads the NFL in interceptions
He set the season record for pick-6es in a season

He set the record for INT return yards in a season
He's tied for 7th in passes defensed
He's allowed only 661 yards in receptions - 38.8 yards a game (One yard more than Surtain)

edit: Oh yea, he also had 8 games this season where he allowed less than 10 yards receiving, including 3 games where he allowed 0 or less yards.

I have high expectations for your counter arguments. Super excited.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Maybe a little.  😜

I have no real argument with this all pro list, ether.

However, 1 question: if the Niners DON’T win the Super Bowl this year are they going to get any heat from the talking head gutter-snipes around the country the way the Bills do?

What magical excuse is going to come up for it to be ok and give the Niners a pass?

I like the Niners, but I’m making the call here, not only do I don’t think they’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but I don’t even think they’re going to make it to the Super Bowl. Just a hunch.

The 9ers have to win it this year unless major injuries bite. It is all set up for them. They have one more year of the Purdy cheat code before they likely have to pay him. At which point their route gets a lot tougher. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Can you back that up with anything?

Sure didn't look like it when I watched him.

He's got a 90.4 PFF grade
He's allowing a passer rating of 60.8 to opposing QBs
He leads the NFL in interceptions
He set the season record for pick-6es in a season

He set the record for INT return yards in a season
He's tied for 7th in passes defensed
He's allowed only 661 yards in receptions - 38.8 yards a game (One yard more than Surtain)

edit: Oh yea, he also had 8 games this season where he allowed less than 10 yards receiving, including 3 games where he allowed 0 or less yards.

I have high expectations for your counter arguments. Super excited.

84th in yards per route, 73rd in yards allowed, 61st in receptions allowed, 57th in yards per target, 81st in targets allowed, 73rd in touchdowns allowed, gave up 175 yards to Lockett, 120 to Mclaurin, 108 to St.Brown

yeah, the guy is amazing 

I have very low expectations for your counter argument 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Why isn’t there a 2nd team all pro?   What is the downside?   The voting is already done.  Just look at the results and bam…done. 

PS I could swear 2nd team all pro used to be a thing. 

It is.  I think this is a different all pro list.   Maybe I am wrong?  I always thought the All Pro List was through the Associated Press.  This seems to be NFLPA.

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Realistically they should drop the fullback and add a 3rd WR, less than half the teams in the league carry a fullback.  Also only about half the teams run a 3-4 yet they have a nose tackle, even though nearly every team has a slot corner.

It’s not like they have to have 11 offensive players. They aren’t lining up on the field.  Dropping fullback would be a poor choice imo.  

Why not have a 3rd WR AND FB?

While they’re at it- they should 💯 add Slot corner to the mix.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Maybe a little.  😜

I have no real argument with this all pro list, either.

Calling it here, eliminates by the Rams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Why isn’t there a 2nd team all pro?   What is the downside?   The voting is already done.  Just look at the results and bam…done. 

PS I could swear 2nd team all pro used to be a thing. 

This is the players association list not the associated press list

The AP decides the real all pro team... Which they do have a second team

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the PFWA does an all pro team as well 

There are about four outlets that do all pro teams... Maybe 5-6

The only one that gets sighted during statistical relevance is the AP list

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

84th in yards per route, 73rd in yards allowed, 61st in receptions allowed, 57th in yards per target, 81st in targets allowed, 73rd in touchdowns allowed, gave up 175 yards to Lockett, 120 to Mclaurin, 108 to St.Brown

yeah, the guy is amazing 

I have very low expectations for your counter argument 

How many of those 84, 73, 61, 57, 81,73 were top 2 corners? I'm guessing not most.

While you're presenting rankings against peers that may have played a handful of snaps all year, I posted objective emasurements that show him as not only being best in class in this year's NFL talent, but also in several cases having an historic season for a CB.

Him having 3 modest->poor showings throughout the year (against high end->elite competition, btw) actually goes to prove how incredible his season was. You take away those three games, and he allowed 255 yards across 14 games as the number 1 corner. That's 18 yards a game. It's completely insane how good that is.

Try again.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

agree with Schatz.  not just because Josh is my teams QB.  nobody does more for his team every year than Josh.   Lamar is a talent,  but,  hes not perfect,  and his team needs him far far less.   ive had this argument many times with Ravens fans lately,  they cant rebut 29 total TDs vs 42 but somehow,  Lamar is MVP etc.   these awards are indeed,  are all eye test.

fact that Schatz has Ed as 1st team all pro just makes me agree all the more.

i dont know Schatz,  i read the article fully,  the numbers dont lie.   theres always more to look at than,  great team,  great QB,  must be MVP.   its Most Valuable Player,  not most valuable teamwork,  or most valuable player on a team that doesnt really need him as much as other players.  whatever.  go win the Super Bowl Josh.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.