Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

9 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Moving it to the Meadowlands would have been the correct decision 

That would suck for most fans but I personally would not have minded that since it's half the drive for me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sounds like the NY officials knew it is an advantage for the Bills to play at home in the playoffs ,and lobbied for the game to be rescheduled rather than played elsewhere. 

It’s 6-1 half a dozen to me, we lose rest and prep time now (if we win) 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s not what was being considered though. It would have been Atlanta if they had changed the site.

No fans for either team, plus a huge $$$ loss for the Bills. On the other hand I want to see Josh & Co. cook in ideal conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

That would suck for most fans but I personally would not have minded that since it's half the drive for me.

And we wouldn’t lose 36 hours of rest going into the next round, should we win

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I thought I read that Steelers were planning to fly in sometime today.  It looks like most flights are cancelled at the Buffalo airport website.  What the heck happens if they can't get here?

They forfeit? 

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sounds like the NY officials knew it is an advantage for the Bills to play at home in the playoffs ,and lobbied for the game to be rescheduled rather than played elsewhere. 

I question whether snow and cold is any real advantage to us, especially against a fellow cold weather team. We are not a power offense.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It would’ve been an interesting crowd. 

Steelers are a national fanbase and the Bills have a ton of fans within driving distance of Atlanta. 

We know Allen can throw in weather.  We’ll see if Rudolph can.  And an inside game would definitely allow them to target Dane Jackson if Douglas can’t go. 

And without Davis, the deep shots may have been limited, but Allen should have time without Watt out there. 

Anyway.. it’s not happening, and it seems we want it that way .. so just don’t complain about the lack of rest.  Beat the Steelers and then beat the Chiefs at home.  

Nobody is going to care about any of this if an option was provided by the league for today. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No fans for either team, plus a huge $$$ loss for the Bills. On the other hand I want to see Josh & Co. cook in ideal conditions.

with our team would rather have Atlanta and more rest.  indoor would favor us

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

They forfeit? 

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

could they take a bus?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I question whether snow and cold is any real advantage to us, especially against a fellow cold weather team. We are not a power offense.

Oh I agree, but it is still an advantage to play at home vs a neutral site. I’ve always thought that weather as an advantage is overrated. 

33 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I thought I read that Steelers were planning to fly in sometime today.  It looks like most flights are cancelled at the Buffalo airport website.  What the heck happens if they can't get here?

I just checked and the Rochester airport shows a lot of incoming flights scheduled normally.  About 2 hour bus ride from there to Buffalo.  Maybe that would be their plan.

33 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The airport is not closed as far as I know. Most airlines have cancelled their flights here.  Pittsburgh Delta charter is scheduled to arrive at 3:42pm.

KC's 2 extra day advantage is more like 1 when you consider travel. Only real advantage is time to rest. I'm sure as far as preparing for KC they can step up their timetable with meetings and practices.  Hopefully we come out of the Steelers game healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The airport is not closed as far as I know. Most airlines have cancelled their flights here.  Pittsburgh Delta charter is scheduled to arrive at 3:42pm.

It seems to me, taking a bus strait from Pittsburgh to their hotel would be easiest, but what do I know?

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

KC's 2 extra day advantage is more like 1 when you consider travel. Only real advantage is time to rest. I'm sure as far as preparing for KC they can step up their timetable with meetings and practices.  Hopefully we come out of the Steelers game healthy.

Agree. Plus I'm sure we have staff prepping for KC already, while KC has to keep two teams on their radar 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Have to beat the Steelers first which is no guarantee!

Its far from it, imho they are vastly underrated..without a real qb they have some impressive wins,

5-1 in what may be the toughest division.. They have a huge coaching advantage, their special teams

can be a game changer. Oh and I forgot, all that switching around 3 mediocre qb's all season.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Agree. Plus I'm sure we have staff prepping for KC already, while KC has to keep two teams on their radar 

Yes and no.

While they do have 2 possible teams to keep an eye on, the extra days can likely be spent doing some self scouting and cleaning up their own tendencies and mistakes. Gives them a bit of time to focus on themselves before focusing on anyone else...a luxury at this point in the season the Bills or Steelers will not have. 

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'm hearing the game could be postponed again 

Traveling is still too dangerous 

Idiotic not to just move it to Atlanta.  Problem solved

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to hear a word about excuses?

AFC CG, we weren’t ready for that yet

13 seconds was self inflicted 

Damar Hamlin, weather, injuries etc

I have no appetite for weather or rest disadvantage.. figure it out.  It seems we were given the option of playing today, indoors.. it seems we said “no thanks”.   We are clearly aware of what that means by playing another day later.   

It’s always something it seems, and it’s exhausting as a fan.. and surely for the team.. but at some point you need to simply overcome it.   And hopefully that point is this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to hear a word about excuses?

AFC CG, we weren’t ready for that yet

13 seconds was self inflicted 

Damar Hamlin, weather, injuries etc

I have no appetite for weather or rest disadvantage.. figure it out.  It seems we were given the option of playing today, indoors.. it seems we said “no thanks”.   We are clearly aware of what that means by playing another day later.   

It’s always something it seems, and it’s exhausting as a fan.. and surely for the team.. but at some point you need to simply overcome it.   And hopefully that point is this year. 

There's excuses and there's real setbacks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

It says a lot about the NFL that gave us a nominal home game where the London Jags were waiting a week for us to show up, and then wanted to take away our home playoff game and play it on a neutral site.

Yeah the Jags game still sticks in my craw. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's excuses and there's real setbacks. 

So which is which?

I think last year, excuses were somewhat valid. 

This year, what’s the excuse?  Bad weather, in which the league provided a solution that we turned down in order to put ourselves at a rest disadvantage?

Nah, not accepting that.  Just win. 

Just looking at the playoff schedule as we know it so far...

Who out there really scares you this playoff year?

This is the weakest (at least on paper) group of teams I can recall in many years playing in the playoffs.

NO ONE "scares me" other than San Francisco.  I want no part of that team, but we wouldn't have to deal with them until the big dance anyway.

Everyone else in both conferences doesn't rise to close to their level.  

Lots of teams could beat us, sure, but they don't scare me and they are beatable opponents.

The door is wide open!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

"But, according to a source familiar with the Buffalo Bills, there are still obstacles to overcome in order for the game to be played on that day (monday), at that time, in that stadium, with fans in the stands."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-bills-postponed-heres-what-needs-to-occur-for-afc-wild-card-game-to-happen-monday-as-scheduled/

28 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

It seems to me, taking a bus strait from Pittsburgh to their hotel would be easiest, but what do I know?

And does it really take any more time.

Ya gotta drive to the airport, check-in, board, prolly delays of some sort, get off, wait for your baggage (although maybe that's done for them) then get on a bus anyway and head for the hotel.  

Not too mention trying to land in those winds.  

Just sayin' ...

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except I can't get refunds on my hotel stays.

Well, there’s that, but if the game can’t be played in OP tomorrow anyway…the uncertainty is a problem for everyone. Just pick a site where you know you’ll be able to play the game and is easy to get to for most people.  Atlanta fits the bill.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The conference in general is so weak this year…. Baltimore is the biggest threat but they aren’t a daunting task like the Chiefs were in 2020/2021…. It’s such an opportunity for the Bills and McD….. if they can’t at least get to AFCC I don’t know how anyone can have confidence in this regime/group going into next season and beyond. 

Having the Bengals out of the playoffs is huge plus for the Bills.  That team has our number…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That was definitely the case with Schopp, Bulldog, Sal Cappacio, all the Saturday guys this week.

It was a non-step weather update. 

I think that’s fair though.  We were under the assumption that we’d have to play the Steelers in a game where all of our advantages were taken away due to weather.. weather so extreme that it isn’t even football anymore. 

However, we were offered the opportunity to play today in ideal conditions.  We lobbied to play tomorrow in wind/cold, but nothing that should truly affect us. 

The league gave us the ok to change the playoff schedule.. not just this week, but basically ensuring we must play KC, if we win, on Sunday (which they’d probably do anyway) but this now affects, potentially, two weeks of their scheduling.  

No excuses.  

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is the weakest (at least on paper) group of teams I can recall in many years playing in the playoffs.

NO ONE "scares me" other than San Francisco.  I want no part of that team, but we wouldn't have to deal with them until the big dance anyway.

Lots of teams could beat us, sure, but they don't scare me and they are beatable opponents.

The door is wide open!

Maybe I am delusional, but I think with 2 weeks and no more note able injuries, McD can shut down San Fran’s offense. Josh can score enough to win that game. 

Also, I might be wrong but the NFLPA has strict guidelines on organized meetings/practices. KC won’t be able to meet and start practicing till most likely Tuesday. Yes, the physical rest is different for KC, and the Bills also get to know they stay home all week and use their facilities right up till kickoff. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The door is wide open!

Agreed.  SF is really the only team that I would say strikes fear in me. That team is built for a title - strong lines on both sides, great running game & WR's, well coached.  It's the one team I feel like we'd need some breaks against.

The Ravens are formidable, but I see that as more of an even match-up.

Every other team is pretty flawed and beatable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.