Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

9 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Finally somebody sees it. 

What amazes me is not what losers they are, but that so many people continue to listen to them after games. 

The benefit of no competition. Listen to sports radio in any other NFL city and it's shocking how bush league WGR is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

17 against the Ravens, 30 against the Seahawks, 34 against the Bengals. Dont sleep on them just because they've swapped QBs around a bunch.

The first part of the first sentence should read “17 against the Ravens’ backups….”

24 minutes ago, jackraven said:

The first part of the first sentence should read “17 against the Ravens’ backups….”

Technically they got the exact same score against their starters. But that involved multiple Lamar turnovers and also a safety. 

Edited by Warcodered

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Technically they got the exact same score against their starters. But that involved multiple Lamar turnovers and also a safety. 

Not to mention 9 dropped passes by the Ravens’ wide receivers that day. It won’t matter because your team will end up taking the Steelers to the woodshed once the snow ends….

going to have to wait and see if less rest=less prepared, less energy? it would seem to me they would be pumped for another home (especially knowing it would be the chiefs) playoff game and play at a high level knowing a win, is the afcc game? no one wants to see another like that of last year where the energy level was below low against burrow and the bengals? 

exciting times, for sure.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That turnover thing is my concern. The Bills are more than capable of repeating that trick.

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The weather is certainly an unfortunate circumstance but the league apparently wanted to play the game in Atlanta today at a neutral site and the Bills/state officials shut it down… so really no excuse next week if the Bills beat the Steelers tomorrow.

If true, that would have been interesting to see the fan split in the Benz. Tons of Bills fans In Atl, there are a lot of Steeler fans everywhere it seems. 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If true, that would have been interesting to see the fan split in the Benz. Tons of Bills fans In Atl, there are a lot of Steeler fans everywhere it seems. 

I would’ve gone for sure, close enough. But if the Bills wanted to stay in Buffalo, then I want them to play in Buffalo. Disrupts the Steelers more than anyone else. Our guys only have to worry about doing a virtual walkthrough today. Steelers travel plans are delayed, made much more arduous, etc. 

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Charlotte has a significant amount of Bills fans. I’d be curious to see the turnout there. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 days extra rest for chiefs is fairly significant in my opinion. 

imagine if Steelers win. They go to play the ravens coming off a bye, while they have even less rest than they should’ve. 

Edited by Blackbeard

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

going to have to wait and see if less rest=less prepared, less energy? it would seem to me they would be pumped for another home (especially knowing it would be the chiefs) playoff game and play at a high level knowing a win, is the afcc game? no one wants to see another like that of last year where the energy level was below low against burrow and the bengals? 

exciting times, for sure.

What changed since yesterdays posts saying the games must have 6 days in between? 

So the Buf/Pit winner along with either TB/Phil would be the Sunday games.

I don’t care what Kansas City is doing i would just want the Bills to not be scheduled for a Monday and Saturday.  A Monday home game to a Sunday home game is no big deal to me.

Edited by zow2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The weather is certainly an unfortunate circumstance but the league apparently wanted to play the game in Atlanta today at a neutral site and the Bills/state officials shut it down… so really no excuse next week if the Bills beat the Steelers tomorrow.

I agree with the no excuses. Both tomorrow and moving forward in the playoffs, should Buffalo advance.

It's all right in front of them. An almost perfect path back to at minimum the AFCCG. We have the team viewed as the worst team in the entire playoffs, at home and missing their best player with Mason Rudolph starting at QB. There is no reason to lose this. And should they win, we get a Chiefs team that is the least dangerous version of that team we have seen in the Mahomes era.  And we get that game at home. 

This is the year that McDermott can vanquish a LOT of the demons that have surrounded this team during his tenure. If he can get the Bills back to MINIMUM the AFCCG, a lot of the naysayers disappear. Stumble against the Steelers or get bounced by the Chiefs yet again and it will be a looooong off-season in WNY.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

2 less days of rest against a team who proved last night weather does not bother them and has had great success against the bills in the playoffs. This just keeps sounding better by the minute 

why not just look forward to the game tomorrow and whine about stuff later?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

2 less days of rest against a team who proved last night weather does not bother them and has had great success against the bills in the playoffs. This just keeps sounding better by the minute 

So you’d prefer that Bills vs Steelers was moved to Atlanta instead of rescheduled ? 

14 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

Hey, look on the bright side we could lose tomorrow! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree with the no excuses. Both tomorrow and moving forward in the playoffs, should Buffalo advance.

It's all right in front of them. An almost perfect path back to at minimum the AFCCG. We have the team viewed as the worst team in the entire playoffs, at home and missing their best player with Mason Rudolph starting at QB. There is no reason to lose this. And should they win, we get a Chiefs team that is the least dangerous version of that team we have seen in the Mahomes era.  And we get that game at home. 

This is the year that McDermott can vanquish a LOT of the demons that have surrounded this team during his tenure. If he can get the Bills back to MINIMUM the AFCCG, a lot of the naysayers disappear. Stumble against the Steelers or get bounced by the Chiefs yet again and it will be a looooong off-season in WNY.

This is exactly to the heart of the matter.  Bills make it to the afc championship and lose a close one, I’m sure a lot of the naysayers quiet down. Lose a home game either this week or next week and it only reinforces what they have been saying all along. 

Edited by <bills4life>
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

why not just look forward to the game tomorrow and whine about stuff later?

Some folks are very devious about these things, have whine bottles hidden all over the house. They are creatures of opportunity, and indulge when they see an opening.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

The last couple years between weather and the Damar incident, the Bills sure do lead the league in drama for the NFL league office and the TV partners. 

Rumors online persist that the stadium may be inaccessible and unusable on Monday but i think they will move heaven and earth to have it ready.  Whether 65K+ people can get there is another story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

If reports are true, the Bills could’ve played today .. inside .. in Atlanta. 

I don’t want to hear about this.  

Clearly they aren’t worried about that. 

55 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

I saw  a KC offense that struggled to score TDs against a depleted Dolphins defense that had no LBs.

Take Rice away, Kelce isn’t the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Just a reminder, it is about seven and half hours before 24 hours before the kickoff of the game. In short, about 34 hours before that game wraps up.

The chiefs will be prepping in probably a couple of hours.

#KickOff@1Helps

We played them this year.  They know us, we know them.  No big deal.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Hell no.  Glad the politicians had the stones to tell the NFL the game stays at the Ralph.  

It’s still up in the air as to whether the Steelers can even get into town tomorrow.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Equally hell no.  The team earned its home game.

It says a lot about the NFL that gave us a nominal home game where the London Jags were waiting a week for us to show up, and then wanted to take away our home playoff game and play it on a neutral site.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Georgia Bill said:

I thought I read that Steelers were planning to fly in sometime today.  It looks like most flights are cancelled at the Buffalo airport website.  What the heck happens if they can't get here?

At best they could try to fly into Rochester, but the winds are no better therenit seems

Just now, Dirtyd415 said:

It should have been, any reason why it wasn’t?  

It sounds like the NY officials knew it is an advantage for the Bills to play at home in the playoffs ,and lobbied for the game to be rescheduled rather than played elsewhere. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.