Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Weather this severe really evens everything.  It’s a shame it’s going to come down to something flukey 

With the way this season has gone, and just about every game coming down to a play or 2 - maybe flukey helps us.

Perfect weather = Mason Rudolph goes for a deep shot once in awhile

Bad weather = Mason Rudolph goes for mid passes once in a while

Awful snow/wind = Mason Rudolph hardly ever passes and if he does - quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth

Perfect weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Bad weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Awful snow/wind = Allen passes and runs for first downs

This weather helps us. Don't get overly concerned about it.

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Everyone that is in panic mode NEEDS to calm down. We have the best QB of all time for these elements. Josh is going to thrive, every snap has a chance to be an amazing Buffalo highlight reel type play. The Steelers won’t be able to keep up. He will plant and go, hit an open receiver once the defenders get sucked in, etc. We should be salivating at the prospect of what Josh can do here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Success said:

With the way this season has gone, and just about every game coming down to a play or 2 - maybe flukey helps us.

Maybe, but I have to think a terrible weather day usually helps the inferior team. Pitt is just that. 

12 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Perfect weather = Mason Rudolph goes for a deep shot once in awhile

Bad weather = Mason Rudolph goes for mid passes once in a while

Awful snow/wind = Mason Rudolph hardly ever passes and if he does - quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth

Perfect weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Bad weather = Allen passes and runs for first downs

Awful snow/wind = Allen passes and runs for first downs

This weather helps us. Don't get overly concerned about it.

If the wind is over 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph the passing game is virtually dead or at least severely hampered.

No man can pass in those conditions. It is concerning despite your spin. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Just heard on the local station here in Rochester that travel will be atrocious Sunday morning. Lots of folk from Rochester and Pittsburgh are gonna try and drive through this. Becareful people 

If the thruway gets shut down, nobody is coming here from PA.

That's fine with me.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe, but I have to think a terrible weather day usually helps the inferior team. Pitt is just that. 

If the wind is over 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph the passing game is virtually dead or at least severely hampered.

That’s about what the pats wind game was and we could pass in it still even straight into the wind…I’d argue we waited too long to pass in that one 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bull.  Josh is going to man up.

• Like (+1) 1

Couple more things here- 

1) the Steelers are the type of team that are going to play us tough with or without the weather - they actually always do- just stop with the nonsense saying this will come down to a flukey play - it always could against them regardless

2) The weather is bad sure- it's also Friday - and yes projections put Buffalo possibly in the middle of some less than desirable conditions - it's also upstate NY - it could turn out to be 65 degrees and sunny- let's just fight the fight when it gets here 

And oh yeah- have a little backbone and Billieve - we have Josh F'in Allen

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Allen is no mortal man.

He doesnt have to throw it 30 yards down the field, footing will be tough, it’s a different game. You can literally wait for the receiver to get open instead of seeing the play develop. 

Diggs: Dances at the line, shake and bake, defender is slow in reaction (footing).

Allen: Oh, there you are. Gimme. 

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

image.thumb.png.d4991d6c300c04b5cb8280db821c367b.png

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills 8:15 pm.  As we can see, wind was ~30 mph from the WSW at game time, with gusts up to 46 mph at game time, gust speed falling and wind falling slightly during the game.

Josh Allen 15 of 30 for 145 yds.  No, it's not a record-setting passing performance but the point is - he threw in it. 

Now, you're probably gonna say "but my point is....the Patriots won, 14 to 10!".  So I'll move on to my point: football, for all its chess moves and complexity, is at core a simple game.  It comes down to, as Josh's Wyo Coach used to say, "Man whupping man".   The Pats don't sniff victory if Breida doesn't fumble a handoff from Josh. 

Hang on to the rock and as @oldmanfan said, "go out there and whup their butts."

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Aren't the Bills pretty much guaranteed to lose now? I actually can't believe she said this.

Yeah, I was already NOT feeling good about this game, and she just made it worse. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

image.thumb.png.d4991d6c300c04b5cb8280db821c367b.png

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills 8:15 pm.  As we can see, wind was ~30 mph from the WSW at game time, with gusts up to 46 mph at game time, gust speed falling and wind falling slightly during the game.

Josh Allen 15 of 30 for 145 yds.  No, it's not a record-setting passing performance but the point is - he threw in it. 

Now, you're probably gonna say "but my point is....the Patriots won, 14 to 10!".  So I'll move on to my point: football, for all its chess moves and complexity, is at core a simple game.  It comes down to, as Josh's Wyo Coach used to say, "Man whupping man".   The Pats don't sniff victory if Breida doesn't fumble a handoff from Josh. 

Hang on to the rock and as @oldmanfan said, "go out there and whup their butts."

Wow I just said the wind was the same but you had charts and figures 😂. Pats needed a lot of plays to all go their way and it was their lucky night.  It happens.  Its not like they were a bad team that year either 

8 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Couple more things here- 

1) the Steelers are the type of team that are going to play us tough with or without the weather - they actually always do- just stop with the nonsense saying this will come down to a flukey play - it always could against them regardless

2) The weather is bad sure- it's also Friday - and yes projections put Buffalo possibly in the middle of some less than desirable conditions - it's also upstate NY - it could turn out to be 65 degrees and sunny- let's just fight the fight when it gets here 

And oh yeah- have a little backbone and Billieve - we have Josh F'in Allen

For sure.  Allen is 3-1 against the Steelers.

That is the odds I give for the game.

• Like (+1) 1

According to AccuWeather as of now they are calling for 55 mph winds and snow possibly measured in feet for the game. That's not just bad weather....that is extremely dangerous deadly weather. Heavy snow and 50+ mph wind =complete whiteout, can't see your hands in front of your face. If that forecast is accurate I don't see how they can even play the game in those conditions. 

80,000 people on the roads to and from the game...some people are likely to die .

Before you say I don't know about snow....

I grew up in S Buffalo and was 15  during the Blizzard 77. We went out in the whiteout and you literally could not see a thing. You would walk right into a tree or parked car before ever seeing it. When it finally cleared I went out the 2nd floor window with a shovel to dig out the front door. I also lived in a cave at 8000' ft in Park City for 2 ski seasons in the late 80s. The cave was just above town near the ski run, I'd wake up and ski down to the town lift on Main St. The rent was $0😉

I've been in many whiteout conditions...you cant even see  where you are going and you  definitely can't drive.

This sucks....I hope they are wrong

There is a chance that the heaviest bands miss Orchard Park but currently not looking that way

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

According to AccuWeather as of now they are calling for 55 mph winds and snow possibly measured in feet for the game. That's not just bad weather....that is extremely dangerous deadly weather. Heavy snow and 50+ mph wind =complete whiteout, can't see your hands in front of your face. If that forecast is accurate I don't see how they can even play the game in those conditions. 

80,000 people on the roads to and from the game...some people are likely to die .

I grew up in S Buffalo and was 15  during the Blizzard 77. We went out in the whiteout and you literally could not see a thing. You would walk right into a tree or parked car before ever seeing it. When it finally cleared I went out the 2nd floor window with a shovel to dig out the front door. I also lived in a cave at 8000' ft in Park City for 2 ski seasons in the late 80s. The cave was just above town near the ski run, I'd wake up and ski down to the town lift on Main St. The rent was $0😉

I've been in many whiteout conditions...you cant even see  where you are going and you  definitely can't drive.

There is a chance that the heaviest bands miss Orchard Park but currently not looking that way

accuweather is anything but accurate.   pretty much all weather apps embellish how bad the weather is going to be.   

Just now, Comebackkid said:

accuweather is anything but accurate.   pretty much all weather apps embellish how bad the weather is going to be.   

I'm not saying they will be right.

I'm saying if they are right it is a very dangerous situation 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Growing up in Cheektowaga I always laughed when my old man would say "Everyone complains about the weather, but nobody

does anything about it".

It's going to be what it's going to be.  We will all know Sunday at 1pm.

• Haha (+1) 2

This is getting weird. We have people around the country planning on headed to the game, or already on their way who may get stranded by idiotic governing to wait until the last minute to be making these decisions. 

I am leaving to come up tomorrow and if they decide on the way to change the game to Monday... What the *****. 

What piss poor planning to suggest that it could happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wow I just said the wind was the same but you had charts and figures 😂. Pats needed a lot of plays to all go their way and it was their lucky night.  It happens.  Its not like they were a bad team that year either 

Just drove the thruway back to roch thought I was in a wind machine with g force winds still raining but it is changing over to snow.

Hope all drive safe this weekend 

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Come on its the Wegmans report just by more food

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Cars getting stuck with no way out. 
it’s dangerous. 1 yr ago without 70,000 people stuck in parking lots.  

IMG_0382.jpeg

That literally was a storm of a century.. everybody who lived through the blizzard of 77 said this was even worse

I had two straight days of 50 mile per hour winds... With Gusts up to 75 miles an hour... With non-stop snow for 2 days

The chances are I'll never see another storm like that again 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

No, it is literally not

“Officially, the National Weather Service defines a blizzard as a storm which contains large amounts of snow OR blowing snow, with winds in excess of 35 mph and visibilities of less than 1/4 mile for an extended period of time (at least 3 hours).” 

Link

Sounds a lot like what they're describing is supposed to hit during the game. 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I wouldn’t say it favors them, because we can run our QB.. but it probably makes it a coin flip game if passing is almost taken out of the equation. 

Not sure Cook is an ideal RB for this game, but we shall see.  I hope he makes me eat crow because ever since Dallas, I haven’t been impressed with him at all. 

I have the same concerns with Cook dropping passes and ball security in the elements.

Fingers crossed and I agree he seemed a lot less determined running vs NE, but they have a very good run defense.

Trying to just let go of all the worries and just enjoy a B-Lo snow bowl game....trying.

17 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

thats true... which makes me think they will do as much as they can to make it safe for fans traveling if it stays in buffalo.   

and if they are right then its worst case scenario played out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

I’m just pointing out that 47 souls passed away in snow merely 12 months ago—-point is, that there is danger having 70,000+ people stuck.

If I go I’m bringing my cold weather camping supplies, food/water and dvds. I don’t see how they don’t move it to Monday if the forecast is what it is. Any way you look at it a lot of traffic will have to drive through the storm. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.