Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

I just listened to One Bills live today and they had a guest on  (forget her name) She is a sideline reporter for Westwood one. She said last year she was on the Dolphins sideline in the Playoff game and she said they were loose, joking and relaxed. Almost playing with zero pressure. On the flip side the Bills sideline was tense and totally seemed like they were afraid to make a mistake. She implied the pressure of being expected to be in SB was too much. This year I think they have more of an underdog approach. If I was coach Mcd I would remind the team before game not one of you was voted by players to the all pro team....show them.      

Edited by billsfanmd07
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Hopefully there isn't a bug going through the Bills locker room. There certainly is right now in Western New York.

Looks like two players didn't practice today due to illness.

Sounds like there's a bug.  Morse missed a practice due to illness Friday of last week and was initially designated "questionable" for the game, though later upgraded.

Now it's Knox and Dawkins missing, hopefully they have time to recover.  Big issue is, does anyone else get sick?

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The players said all of that after they lost to Cinci. There was no such talk of that prior to the game. If so, go ahead and give me evidence of such. 

In fact, one could argue the opposite narrative. The Bills were a team of destiny due to Damar making a miraculous recovery. Win it all for Damar was a common theme. It's destiny and fate wasn't uncommon to hear. 

Bills playing at home!!! Huge home field advantage. Bengals oline depleted. Bills gonna smash Burrow. There was no fuc!!!!! talking of limping prior to the game. 

There was no talk of being gassed even after the Miami playoff win. Listen to Allen and the rest of the Bills afterwards. They talked about being resilient, winning is all that counts, and playing better.

Not one Bills fan I know said the team looked gassed. They don't have anything in the tank. The season is basically over they are on fumes. Instead, it was a resounding theme of how the Bills were gonna smash the Bengals. A few dissenters caught hell for their differing view. Low and behold is that a common theme. 

Let's talk reality rather than an alternate reality that fits your views. The limping in shiiiiit is non sense. They just get beat by a better prepared team that is a bad match up for Buffalo. Not to mention the McD game plan was horrific. 

Who knows what happens in Sunday. I hope to the high heaven the Bills blowout the Steelers. If not, I'll take a win ugly. Just win!!!

Well, that is your opinion. “Duly Noted.” 

We’ll agree on the Bills beating the Steelers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I just listened to One Bills live today and they had a guest on  (forget her name) She is a sideline reporter for Westwood one. She said last year she was on the Dolphins sideline in the Playoff game and she said they were loose, joking and relaxed. Almost playing with zero pressure. On the flip side the Bills sideline was tense and totally seemed like they were afraid to make a mistake. She implied the pressure of being expected to be in SB was too much. This year I think they have more of an underdog approach. If I was coach Mcd I would remind the team before game not one of you was voted by players to the all pro team....show them.      

Assuming this is true, I think they may have carried that into this year, and probably caused our offense to look like hot garbage the first half of the year. There was a good while last season I felt a game like the Bengals playoff game was on the verge of happening. Unfortunately it happened in the playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Assuming this is true, I think they may have carried that into this year, and probably caused our offense to look like hot garbage the first half of the year. There was a good while last season I felt a game like the Bengals playoff game was on the verge of happening. Unfortunately it happened in the playoffs 

It becomes a thing, I think.  If you have a great QB and can contend for a SB, it's best to win one early to get the monkey off your back.  The Pats run might have been different if they lost that 1st one to the Rams.

And I remember our own SB runs.  Once we lost the first, it was so tense for the rest of 'em.  I think I remember Madden saying something like "The Bills might want to win this one TOO badly" in the 2nd SB.  Same thing happened to the Broncos around that time.

But teams can shift the narratives.  Peyton Manning turned his fortunes after years of being a "playoff choker" and all that. Elway did the same.  

Playing loose is such an important factor in high-pressure games.

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

"Your guess is as good as mine" on lower snaps for Diggs?! Wow.

Yeah, getting tired of the shade and digs he keeps making at his QB and possibly OC. Somehow some Bills fans that don't see through this will spin this as "see, he really does love Buffalo!!" If we lose this week, or next, or don't make it to the SB, mark my words, he will be very active on SM. It will be a long off season with him and his brother. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

How do these guys come up with these stats?

Week 12-18 means 6 games for the Bills (Week 13 bye)

Week 12-18 means 7 games for the Steelers (Week 6 bye)

I mean, it's not a big difference, 231 vs 220, but it's not an even basis set.  Why not say the last 6 games or something?

OK, I'll put away my "junk NFL stats soapbox" now.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, getting tired of the shade and digs he keeps making at his QB and possibly OC. Somehow some Bills fans that don't see through this will spin this as "see, he really does love Buffalo!!" If we lose this week, or next, or don't make it to the SB, mark my words, he will be very active on SM. It will be a long off season with him and his brother. 

You're responding to someone who took a single quote in an interview entirely out of context.

Oh, and he's also a well-known TBD Troll.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Could look at it from glass half full, he hasnt asked why he is getting less snaps because he's 100% into the process

His press conference was a little better than the quote, I think? I feel like he is pretty much implying he and Josh aren't close. If anyone else watches it, please let me know what you think.

Just now, Beck Water said:

You're responding to someone who took a single quote in an interview entirely out of context.

Oh, and he's also a well-known TBD Troll.

I listened to the press conference and felt a little better, but I definitely sense/am getting that he and Josh aren't really friends anymore. Bums me out a little, but I think they are cordial and know what's at stake.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Why not move it to Miami… the boys seem to enjoy playing there!

Really good suggestion - and after all, Miami won't be using their facility

McDaniel wore a tshirt last year "I Wish It Were Colder".  Be careful what you wish for, me bucko.

• Like (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I listened to the press conference and felt a little better, but I definitely sense/am getting that he and Josh aren't really friends anymore. Bums me out a little, but I think they are cordial and know what's at stake.

I think you're right about that. Winning is the bottom line. 

Regarding snap count, the convenient suggestion around here has been that he's dinged up.

The weather in KC and Buffalo this weekend will make for some great TV.. 

The weather in Houston, Dallas, Detroit, Tampa....Boooooorrrrrring

Actually, Tampa expected to see some rain and possibly Thunderstorms.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The weather in KC and Buffalo this weekend will make for some great TV.. 

The weather in Houston, Dallas, Detroit, Tampa....Boooooorrrrrring

Actually, Tampa expected to see some rain and possibly Thunderstorms.

Thunderstorms are boring. They stop the game.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

McDaniel wore a tshirt last year "I Wish It Were Colder".  Be careful what you wish for, me bucko.

If they are going to play that game, I highly doubt they move or cancel ours. Snow is bad, that sounds potentially lethal

45 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

His press conference was a little better than the quote, I think? I feel like he is pretty much implying he and Josh aren't close. If anyone else watches it, please let me know what you think.

I have no idea where in that PC you feel that "he and Josh aren't close" is coming from.  He specifically mentioned "your QB gets banged up" as an injury the Bills had sustained, so that reinforces that maybe Josh's shoulder has been worse than the team has let on, but he knows about it.  He was asked about his relationship with Josh evolving this year, he said not so much this year, he's been here 4 years, and when there's adversity that's when you get closer to people.  The obvious conclusion to be drawn from what he said is that he's gotten closer to some guys in the locker room (including Josh) during the adversity of injury this  season.

I always thought their "bro-mance" was more of a media creation than a real off-the-field friendship.  Not that they don't have real respect for each other and liking, and not that Diggs didn't have warm fuzzy feelings when he racked up a league-leading 127 receptions for 1535 yds back in 2020.   But without a pandemic shutting things down, I don't think Diggs is a big video gamer.  He's not a golfer either.  You never saw pics of Diggs going to Sabres games or baseball or what have you with Josh, that would be like Davis Webb and Josh and Dawson Knox and sometimes Gabe Davis.  Diggs thing is fashion and also "playing" with the ladies, and I think he keeps that "under cover" (pun intended) during the season.    I just don't think he and Josh have a lot of interests in common or ever have had.  Doesn't mean they're not "locker room family" and don't have a solid professional football relationship.  I just never thought they were really 'besties' off the field.

I also really liked what I heard from Diggs about the rest of the receiver corps and how he roots for their success and he expects big things from them.  He came across as a mature, steady teammate with a positive vibe is what I got from it, little trace of the Diva and the petulant-appearing guy we saw at the end of last season.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

"Your guess is as good as mine" on lower snaps for Diggs?! Wow.

He's answering the question without saying anything.  Not giving the media anything to work with and keeping the door closed.  That's my interpretation.  These same media guys said he couldn't go deep and get open anymore.  He beat Ramsey badly and caught a long pass against Apple.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If they are going to play that game, I highly doubt they move or cancel ours. Snow is bad, that sounds potentially lethal

That would actually be pretty amazing if it got to -30 wind chill,  and awesome if Miami won in those temps. That would destroy forever the narrative of warm weather teams crumbling in those conditions.

38 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can’t wait to watch a seriously depressed Dolphins team on Hard Knocks next week 🤣 

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Eh, the "feels like -30F" isn't expected until 3 am.  "Feels like" -11 to -14 with windchill during the game.   Not that juiced up fans who lose their gloves and mittens can't get into trouble, but if they dress decently and pack on the hand and foot warmers and the battery-operated socks and vests, should be fine.

Not quite sure KC fans have that routine down as well as B'lo fans, but they'll manage.

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That was no letdown. They just didn’t have anything left in the tank.

I'm not buying that for one minute John. I know many here want to buy into that narrative. 

Prior to the game there was never any indication that the team was empty, had nothing left, couldn't focus, drained, life less, psychology spent, etc... 

Not once did I hear, read, or see anything remotely close that indicated they had nothing left. 

In fact, the narrative in many instances was a complete 180. Many were saying this was a team of destiny. Signs galore win one for Damar. Damar was at the stadium! What a boost it would give the team and fans. Frenzied home crowd advantage. 

Bengals oline a shell of itself. The Bills would crush Burrow. 

Where was this nothing left in the tank theory? Didn't even hear any scuttlebutt about this. 

Even after the Miami game, what was the resounding theme. Gutted out a win even though they played poorly. Resilient team. Gotta play better. Nada about being flat or running out of football fuel. Not a peep. Did you hear anything?  I heard was how McD was out coached. That was crystal clear. 

Prior to the game please go back on this message board and find me a poster who felt like the Bills would be flat, out of gas, unable to compete, etc ... I'll save you some time. It doesn't exist because the narrative was created after the fact. After they shi! the bed 

A narrative created after the fact that saw a Bengals team buzz saw through the termite infested Bills team. A coaching staff that had no game plan after getting waxed in a dress rehearsal weeks before. To this day, I have no idea what they were thinking. 

McD had to create this thesis to save face. His team was clearly unprepared, outclassed, and taken to the wood shed. Dorsey was as lost as ever. Frazier was as lost as ever. McD was as lost as ever. It was utter incompetence staying us in the face. Hard to swallow after the previous year's 13 second disaster. Trust your eyes not a false narrative. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 2

29 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not buying that for one minute John. I know many here want to buy into that narrative. 

Prior to the game there was never any indication that the team was empty, had nothing left, couldn't focus, drained, life less, psychology spent, etc... 

Not once did I hear, read, or see anything remotely close that indicated they had nothing left. 

In fact, the narrative in many instances was a complete 180. Many were saying this was a team of destiny. Signs galore win one for Damar. Damar was at the stadium! What a boost it would give the team and fans. Frenzied home crowd advantage. 

Where was this nothing left in the tank theory? Didn't even hear any scuttlebutt about this. 

Even after the Miami game, what was the resounding theme. Gutted out a win even though they played poorly. Resilient team. Gotta play better. Nada about being flat or running out of football fuel. Not a peep. Did you hear anything?  I heard was how McD was out coached. That was crystal clear. 

Prior to the game please go back on this message board and find me a poster who felt like the Bills would be flat, out of gas, unable to compete, etc ... I'll save you some time. It doesn't exist because the narrative was created after the fact. After they shi! the bed 

A narrative created after the fact that saw a Bengals team buzz saw through the termite infested Bills team. A coaching staff that had no game plan after getting waxed in a dress rehearsal weeks before. To this day, I have no idea what they were thinking. 

McD had to create this thesis to save face. His team was clearly unprepared, outclassed, and taken to the wood shed. Dorsey was as lost as ever. Frazier was as lost as ever. McD was as lost as ever. It was utter incompetence staying us in the face. Hard to swallow after the previous year's 13 second disaster. Trust your eyes not a false narrative. 

Go Bills!!!

Exactly right. The only thing I’d add is the team just wasn’t very good. We knew that during the first Bengals game.

Edited by Governor

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Go Bills!!!

I had a bad feeling about Monday Night going in and we were going to get killed in that game.

It’s not the spent excuse, the Bengals physically and mentally pushed the Bills around.

When I heard McDermott and Frazier talking about how they didn’t have to change much of the gameplan from the Monday Night game because you couldn’t take much away from a half quarter I knew we were going to get rocked again.

Sure enough, first drive Mixon looking like Jamal Lewis, and we’re playing 21 yards off Chase & Higgins. 

We were out athleted and intimidated all day. The crowd was non-existent from the jump. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I had a bad feeling about Monday Night going in and we were going to get killed in that game.

It’s not the spent excuse, the Bengals physically and mentally pushed the Bills around.

When I heard McDermott and Frazier talking about how they didn’t have to change much of the gameplan from the Monday Night game because you couldn’t take much away from a half quarter I knew we were going to get rocked again.

Sure enough, first drive Mixon looking like Jamal Lewis, and we’re playing 21 yards off Chase & Higgins. 

We were out athleted and intimidated all day. The crowd was non-existent from the jump. 

Very true but we (the crowd) couldn’t do anything.  The Bills kicked off, Cinci went 6 plays TD.  Bills get the ball, go three and out, punt and the Bengals go down again and make it a quick 14-0.  We were cooked. Bills kept calling downfield throws in snow,  Bengals ran and took the easy short throws. Outcoached.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.