Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

1 hour ago, BrettFavre said:

Implied odds of Pittsburgh winning are 20% at +365. Plenty of money to be made if anyone thinks they have a 50% chance.

Too much uncertainty re: conditions in the stadium 49 hours from now. 
If the wind is 40 mph as kickoff approaches, run to/log on your favorite sports book if it still gives you those odds! And bet the under. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If the wind is 40 mph as kickoff approaches, run to/log on your favorite sports book if it still gives you those odds! And bet the under. 

The under has gotten hammered down all week

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There isn't that much uncertainty. It's going to be 25-30 mph winds with 45 mph gusts, there will have been a foot or more of snow that has already fallen by game time from afternoon Saturday thru early Sunday and it will be snowing heavily for much of the game.

Chance of precip is 100 %

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not but I would assume it would be at the same level of danger with 70,000+ getting and leaving the stadium right?

Not a similar storm = not a similar level of danger. Pretty sure everyone survived when it snowed a foot DURING the Colts game. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Because unless they are in this area and have years of experience they don't know their ass from their elbows in these events because they have never actually forecasted these events.

The models give guidance but the actual forecasts are based off of a LOT more than this with these events which come from many years of experience and seeing how similar scenarios played out previously.

There is far more granularity required than what they are going to have...a slight wind shift can cause the snow to move 10 miles and cause one place to get buried and another to get nothing.

There is no way for these big outlets to forecast that properly. They are fine 99% of time, just not when truly localized events like this happen.

Oh come on. You don’t think that ALL outlets have access to the local models? Of course they do. Now, that doesn’t mean they’re going to rely on them but I guarantee that they have the internet. 

A little climate change and we are getting soft...  Don't come to the game in your rear wheel drive vehicle and Uggs slippers.  Take your time getting there and going home.  Bring a shovel just in case and dress accordingly.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is this whole storm so fast moving that if the game were moved to Monday, the weather would be clear and just cold as hell with no more snow actually coming down? Obviously roads and grounds would need clearing, but would the actual weather be relatively normal?

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Still might if they're trailing all game.  The line setters always know more than us.

I made A LOT of money betting the under 36 from the parking lot at 12:15 when the insane lake effect band moved in to previously calm skies.

Just like Apple weather etc, the line setters don't know local like locals do.

Ya'll know I'm one of the most negative folks here when it comes to this team.

But come on, regardless of if the weather is terrible....the Bills literally have an abominable snowman type of creature of their sideline and the Steelers have a guy named Mason Rudolph. If they are built to win and dominate in this type of game they never will be.

If the Bills do lose this game it's going to be because of coaching (especially ultra conservative decisions), not because of the weather so buckle up and have some confidence in this team!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

But come on, regardless of if the weather is terrible....the Bills literally have an abominable snowman type of creature of their sideline and the Steelers have a guy named Mason Rudolph. If they are built to win and dominate in this type of game they never will be.

If the Bills do lose this game it's going to be because of coaching (especially ultra conservative decisions), not because of the weather so buckle up and have some confidence in this team!

Now I know we're f@#%$d.

• Haha (+1) 6

57 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This reads like you're preparing notes in hope that they lose 😂

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Oh yeah, totally. People should shrug off deadly blizzard conditions and go about their business as if everything were normal. In fact, a multi billion dollar organization should play a game for fun and entertainment in the middle of it, and have nearly a hundred thousand people travel to assemble in one central location! I think that would be good, and smart, and also safe. Let's do it.

Funny,we did it for decades before. So yes...now we have become weak and pathetic.  

47 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Was everything just fine the day after that storm hit?

Of course not.   But we could plow.  And drive.  And see.  As I understand your point (it’s not going to be markedly better on Monday),  I reject it.  I’ve lived through it.  I won’t be good in Monday if the snow is as forecasted, but it will be light years better than what the current forecast indicates will be a blizzard on Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Funny,we did it for decades before. So yes...now we have become weak and pathetic.  

Not like this weather.  Sorry, but you’re wrong.  The Bills have never hosted a football game in the type of weather that is forecasted for Sunday,  

17 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Is this whole storm so fast moving that if the game were moved to Monday, the weather would be clear and just cold as hell with no more snow actually coming down? Obviously roads and grounds would need clearing, but would the actual weather be relatively normal?

Probably.  That’s how lake snow works. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I lived in western and central New York for 66 of my 70 years. Storms like this have always been taken seriously. The only legitimate assumption from your take that you’re doubling down on is that the “weak and pathetic” stuff is a projection of how you feel inside. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I haven't followed the thread, so this might have been mentioned, but weather modeling as we approach the game Sunday has trended toward the worst case scenario as far as the weather is concerned.  Models show a persistent band of heavy lake effect snow over Orchard Park to go with high winds and cold temperatures.  It's going to be miserable for fans, not to mention dangerous driving.  If you don't dress for it, you're at risk for frost bite and hypothermia.  For players, add the issues of footing and the challenge of throwing and catching a hard, slippery ball that will be affected greatly by the wind.  The Bills need to be sure they have the right footwear and receivers had better have the right gloves.  Running the ball and stopping the run will be critical.

https://www.wgrz.com/article/weather/severe-weather/gov-hochul-declares-state-of-emergency-ahead-of-winter-storm/71-fa9ef136-49ef-4935-803c-ab505bd4dfec

and

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-directs-state-agencies-prepare-strong-winds-and-lake-effect-snow-may-cause

"Governor Kathy Hochul today directed state agencies to begin emergency response preparations as lake effect snow and strong winds have the potential to create dangerous blizzard-like conditions off the shores of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario this weekend. The Governor also released a video message to New Yorkers updating them on the latest forecasts and urging caution as the storm moves into New York."

Edited by GottaRun

8 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I lived in western and central New York for 66 of my 70 years. Storms like this have always been taken seriously. The only legitimate assumption from your take that you’re doubling down on is that the “weak and pathetic” stuff is a projection of how you feel inside. 

Jesus Christ...

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

If it's gonna happen it has to be today.  Get the team out to whereever it's gonna be played so they have a couple days.

or just postpone the game to monday in OP, storm will be gone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.