1/7/24 Week #18 GAMEDAY Bills at Dolphins PregameThread Edit: Jags lost WE’RE IN!

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Who said they should go anywhere. I said there are questions to be answered. Don't ever get to a point where you are complacent with being good and afraid to be great.

Just try and enjoy the day instead of planning how you will be po'ed if something you don't like happens.

Relax.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

Just try and enjoy the day instead of planning how you will be po'ed if something you don't like happens.

Relax.

Try to use reading comprehension instead of making baseless assumptions not contained in the words you are reading as to what someone is thinking.

Are you part of Aunt Cleo's psychic friends network?

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Try to use reading comprehension instead of making baseless assumptions not contained in the words you are reading as to what someone is thinking.

Are you part of Aunt Cleo's psychic friends network?

Have a happy day.

Enjoy the game.

The Bills have clinched a playoff birth.

Be happy.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is worst-case scenario for the dolphins. If they win tonight, they have to host the bills next week. Would hate that. And if they lose, they go to KC. 

If we lose we have to all go back to Miami next week?

Miami's ultimate goal will be to end the game in a TIE! This would still give them the divison , but allow buffalo to move into the 6th seed. Meaning they avoid buffalo in the wild card round and get pittsburgh instead. Meanwhile Buffalo travels to Kansas City .

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That Titan's GDT was BRUTAL.  LOL.  Gloom, despair and agony on me.

I love lurking on gameday threads. The insane highs and lows of every single vaguely meaningful play are something to sit back and watch in awe. 

Also, I find it nice to think asylums these days have internet access for their patients.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Miamis ultimate goal will be to end the game in a TIE! This would still give them the divison , but allow buffalo to move into the 6th seed. Meaning they avoid buffalo in the wild card round and get pittsburgh instead. Meanwhile Buffalo travels to Kansas City .

How Fin Fans are feeling before the game:

"it would be a statistical anomaly for us to beat the Bills two times in a row.

Chiefs offense is trash. I'd rather play the Chiefs. i dont care where we play. I want nothing to do with the Bills."

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How Fin Fans are feeling before the game:

"it would be a statistical anomaly for us to beat the Bills two times in a row.

Chiefs offense is trash. I'd rather play the Chiefs. i dont care where we play. I want nothing to do with the Bills."

they are right. I think they can beat the chiefs and wouldn’t mind rooting for them to do so. 

• Agree 1

My wife -- who hates being witness to my nervous/anxious energy during Bills games -- is so thrilled that the Titans win clinched playoffs for Buffalo and that, relatively speaking "the pressure is off" for tonight.

Lord knows I'll enjoy the game a lot more, too.

Don't get me wrong, the stakes are still huge. Hosting the Watt-less Steelers is way preferable to traveling to Miami for a second straight week. But still...it's nice knowing our guys are gonna be in the dance no matter what.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

they are right. I think they can beat the chiefs and wouldn’t mind rooting for them to do so. 

Bills winning is awesome: Steelers at home, then either KC or Browns/Texans at home. 

then off Baltimore...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, buffblue said:

The Bills need to go all out to win,  last thing they want is to play Dolphins again in Miami and they will get some guys back.  No thanks,  win and play Steelers at home without Watt.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would not mind them on a path of Road KC, Road Baltimore 

I'd rather KC wins.  The browns have a better upset chance in BAL.  It gives us a better shot at hosting the conference game.

• Agree 1

Not gonna lie......it feels so much better going into this game knowing that no matter what happens, there will be Bills football next week.  Going into the Playoffs, there is only 1 team I fear.......the Buffalo Bills.  I worry much more about beating ourselves in football games than what the opposition does to us.

Sure, anyone can beat us, but there is no team in this league that I feel definitely outclasses us.  If we play our best, I think we can beat anyone.  To win a Super Bowl, we're going to have to beat good teams.  

That said, not having the pressure of just getting in the tournament is a bit of a relief as a fan.  I don't know how much it would impact the players, but as a fan, it will be easier to watch this game tonight knowing we're in the tournament.  But man.....I really want to beat the tar out of the Dolphins tonight.  Their 6 fans are miserable to listen to and a fish fry is exactly what I want for dinner tonight.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yup. I saw something that the Ravens played a ton of Cover 6. If Waddle is out that's what I'd do

Exactly. I am not sure how often Hill lines up away from the strength of the formation, but as long as McD keeps a DB over the top of him and we can get pressure I don't see how the Fins score many points.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aesop said:

Exactly. I am not sure how often Hill lines up away from the strength of the formation, but as long as McD keeps a DB over the top of him and we can get pressure I don't see how the Fins score many points.

Hill is always dangerous to break one. But if Waddle really is out the the risk of keeping safety support on containment is a lot less than when Waddle can torch a guy on a go route

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

My wife -- who hates being witness to my nervous/anxious energy during Bills games -- is so thrilled that the Titans win clinched playoffs for Buffalo and that, relatively speaking "the pressure is off" for tonight.

Don't get me wrong, the stakes are still huge. Hosting the Watt-less Steelers is way preferable to traveling to Miami for a second straight week. But still...it's nice knowing our guys are gonna be in the dance no matter what.

Heck, the Bills could just stay in Ft Lauderdale all week if they lose with all that Mafia love they got going on down there.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I honestly find the free pass to the playoffs to be enormously anti-climactic and the game will not be CLOSE to what it would have been if we needed to win to get in.

The game is almost a "who cares" type event now, though of course a win and the #2 seed could be a big deal.  

If the Bills sat Josh, I would understand it and I don't think I'd blame them...

I think Josh will play though.

14 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

My wife (after watching the Jags lose) said "glad the Bills are in the playoffs but hiw did they lose to that garbage team" ....sigh truth hurts

We lost to a lot of garbage teams this year.  It's small miracle we are in the playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.