Bills open -1.5 over the despised Fish

Beast

Hoping for the best but I still think karma will punish the Bills for the 12 men loss to Denver.  The Dolphins have beaten exactly one team with a winning record when they played them, and that was the squeaker win over the Cowboys last week (even though the Bills would be in the same win and in, lose and hope for help next week if the Dolphins had lost).  The Bills appear to be limping into the Dolphins game with no passing offense, and all I can hope for is that they didn't show everything they've got against the Pats.  

Except for the absence of Milano, the Bills D seems to be in as good a shape as they were when they beat the Dolphins earlier.  We just need Good Josh to reappear.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our offense cannot go into this game looking like it did the last couple of weeks. Miami just got humiliated and will want vengeance. I am not banking on our last meeting happening the same way again, but of course we could beat them. I am not even sure it's the Bills beating other teams that I am worried about, it is always and perpetually about them beating themselves.

I am forcing myself to just be at peace with the outcome of this one. It's been a rocky year, The Bills turned it around toward the end, but we could not get help when we needed it, and that was a theme all season long.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Our offense cannot go into this game looking like it did the last couple of weeks. Miami just got humiliated and will want vengeance. I am not banking on our last meeting happening the same way again, but of course we could beat them. I am not even sure it's the Bills beating other teams that I am worried about, it is always and perpetually about them beating themselves.

I am forcing myself to just be at peace with the outcome of this one. It's been a rocky year, The Bills turned it around toward the end, but we could not get help when we needed it, and that was a theme all season long.

I hope the Bills O is feeling a little sheepish too…just like Miami would be 

They need to step up here, win and get the 2 seed .. even if they lose and still back door into the playoffs … they are just making up the numbers the way they are playing …

• Like (+1) 1

I think what most of us are really hoping for is that magic Josh has whenever he plays the dolphins. Always seems to be in the zone against them. Because based on the majority of the season, and these last two weeks, there isn’t really much faith we can place in this offense. 

Of course, our defense will need to be in. Which I have a feeling they will play really well. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Chubb and Howard out likely. What is tuas injury?

why does everyone keep saying this about howard?  We have no idea if he is out.

I imagine the only guy they miss is chubb.  

1 minute ago, K12A17 said:

It's do or die for us, I like or chances with our backs against the wall. We know it's win or go home for us, I expect to come out and play very well. 

It’s been do or die for four weeks really…

I expected them to step up the past 2 weeks… at least the D did which ultimately was enough to get them home …

I think more will be required this week against a desperate team with as much to play for as the Bills..

The 70 point game skewed how people look at Miami.

They're a very average team. The Bills have had a middlin' season also - but at our best, we're a tier above them.  

With the injuries they have, there are no excuses on this one. We have to go in there, win the division & get the 2 seed.  You can't hope for a better opportunity, or a more achievable one.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Extremely confident in our defense in this game. Tua will melt like he usually does against any decent team. 

Our offense scares the crap out of me.

A Tua Melt on rye. Sounds delicious.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Extremely confident in our defense in this game. Tua will melt like he usually does against any decent team. 

Our offense scares the crap out of me.

This!  The offense simply does not capitalize on turnovers or favorable field position.  Josh has regressed significantly as a passer and throws at least one pick per game.  We win a championship if we simply get competent QB play.

Edited by McMuffin
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

So Miami lost Chubb and may have lost Howard with dings to Eichenberg and Tua.

Josh took a shot on his shoulder.  Anyone catch any other injuries?

Edited by wjag

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

why does everyone keep saying this about howard?  We have no idea if he is out.

I imagine the only guy they miss is chubb.  

Tua looks fine.  He'll play and that's not a big deal.

Chubb will be out; wait until tomorrow; they'll announce torn ACL.

26 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Hoping for the best but I still think karma will punish the Bills for the 12 men loss to Denver.  The Dolphins have beaten exactly one team with a winning record when they played them, and that was the squeaker win over the Cowboys last week (even though the Bills would be in the same win and in, lose and hope for help next week if the Dolphins had lost).  The Bills appear to be limping into the Dolphins game with no passing offense

Virgil, is that you?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Tua looks fine.  He'll play and that's not a big deal.

Chubb will be out; wait until tomorrow; they'll announce torn ACL.

yea chubb is obviously out.  

so they will be missing phillips and chubb.  I imagine everyone else plays including, tua, howard, mostert and waddle.

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

So Miami lost Chubb and may have lost Howard with dings to Eichenberg and Tua.

Josh took a shot on his shoulder.  Anyone catch any other injuries?

knox sure looked like he got a concussion.

51 minutes ago, Beast said:

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2023/12/31/23995565/nfl-odds-week-18-2023-opening-point-spreads-lines-mnf-snf-tnf-favorites-underdogs

Bills vs. Dolphins

Sunday, December 31

Point spread: Bills -1.5
Point total: 48.5
Moneyline: Bills -120, Dolphins +100

The Bills are slight favorites vs the Dolphins, but 14 point underdogs vs themselves. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

so they will be missing phillips and chubb.  I imagine everyone else plays including, tua, howard, mostert and waddle.

Just thought about this... I think Knox came back Cowboys week, right? Other than that game, which was all running anyways, the passing game has been crap. Is he part of the problem? Seemed like the passing game was doin solid til he came back. Is he taking a lot of snaps away from Dawson?

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Beast said:

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2023/12/31/23995565/nfl-odds-week-18-2023-opening-point-spreads-lines-mnf-snf-tnf-favorites-underdogs

Bills vs. Dolphins

Sunday, December 31

Point spread: Bills -1.5
Point total: 48.5
Moneyline: Bills -120, Dolphins +100

I hate being favorites, I hate hearing about other teams injuries and how we are facing backups … nothing positive comes out of those things with this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

I hate being favorites, I hate hearing about other teams injuries and how we are facing backups … nothing positive comes out of those things with this team.

i was hoping Buffalo would be the underdog this week also.

Its essentially a pick em but still.  This just tells everyone no one thinks miami can win a game against a good team.

so miami gets to act disrespected all week.  I imagine by thursday they will play it up big time.  Not that it matters.

14 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

"Plays" is not the same as playing at full capability.

Not feeling good about this one.

The Dolphins are bound to win a big game against us at some point.  It's hard to dominate anyone in the NFL, much less a talented division opponent, as much as we have over them in the past 3-4 seasons.  They have been a better team this season.  And they have had months to prepare for the tricks that Sean McDermott pulled out back in Week 4.  If they switch things up for Round 2, I'm not confident Sean McDermott will be able to adjust on the fly.  Because that is something he rarely does.

With our backs pushed up against the wall, we still almost lost to the Chargers and the Patriots.  The Bills don't seem like a team that rides emotional highs and lows.  They stay pretty steady in that department.  Motivation isn't ever really the problem.  Their issues are all about execution and consistency.  And neither of those have been there in forever.  They are sloppy, unfocused and make way too many mistakes.  This offense basically has 6 days to fix a passing game that has been crap almost all season.

I've really been pulling for the Wild Card contenders to lose, because I have a hard time seeing the 2023 Buffalo Bills winning this game.  I guess it's still possible we sneak in the back door with 7 losses, but Seattle really cost us today.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

so miami gets to act disrespected all week.  I imagine by thursday they will play it up big time.  Not that it matters.

Miami just got curb stomped.  I suspect they have a different emotion motivating them this week.

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I hope the Bills O is feeling a little sheepish too…just like Miami would be 

They need to step up here, win and get the 2 seed .. even if they lose and still back door into the playoffs … they are just making up the numbers the way they are playing …

Yeah, the offense has no identity. It bums me out. When I watch the offense sputter I can't help but think about our 2020/21 seasons, when they could actually move down the field/score points. I had hope every time we had the ball. I feel like we are skating by due to this team being super close and knowing how to pull out a win in the situations they have been in. I can't see us going toe to toe with Baltimore, quite frankly, all he other teams in the playoffs/hunt(save for KC) have better offensive schemes/play.

• Like (+1) 1

Not a surprise the Bills are favored after the Dolphins are crushed by the Ravens. Bills are on a four game win streak. Xavien Howard, Chubb, waddle, and tua are battling injury. Chubb looks to have a torn ACL. 

Ultimately, it comes down to Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

The Bills worst enemy has always been themselves.  Stupid self inflicted wounds. Losing games to garbage teams. Little motivation against weaker teams. I just don't see this team built for a long playoff run?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Nice

I'm guessing we will know if we need to get in at kickoff.

I assume we will be flexed to the night game, so all the others will be over.

A big game for all the marbles with a national audience.  Should be epic.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.