Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

Game went as I figured it would. The Pats D played amazingly well for most of the game and the Pats O played beyond horrid.  Good for both teams the result. The Bills fight for the division next weekend and the Pats are back at #2 for draft pick. 

Hopefully Allen is ok after that late injury. I will die on the hill that you don’t run your franchise QB in that particular situation.  You had the game won just run the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

All day long the the receivers for the bills could not gain separation in man to man coverage. 

The special teams coach for the Bills should have been fired weeks ago I've never seen worst special teams coaching in my life.

Lamar Jackson is the MVP of this season.

All the stars have aligned for the bills to take their own destiny into their hands to feed the fish and end up with the second seed in the AFC who would have thought?

for a while we were torching man to man and feasting.   Lately its been killing us this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sigh…well there it is.  What some of us clung to a month ago, as crazy as it seemed, came to fruition whatever you may think of how they got here.

Now they need to prove once again for what hopefully will be the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th time play this thing out one week at a time.

Go Bills.

I  am in a game at a time mode full speed ahead. Take No Prisoners. JUST WIN

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@schadjoe

The Dolphins didn't just lose at the Ravens.

They were destroyed.

Their defense, especially pass defense, was terrible.

They have lost Bradley Chubb to a potentially serious injury.

Tua Tagovailoa has been dinged.

Absolute, unmitigated disaster on NY Eve.

Welp, suddenly I feel like partying tonight 🤣:beer: 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Toledo Bill said:

Sorry, I should know but am a wreck. What do we need to clinch a playoff spot today?

Need the Steelers AND Bungles to lose. 

It looks like, if the Bills make the playoffs, they'll either be the 2nd seed and possibly play Houston, or the 7th seed and play in Miami.

McGovern sucked in pass pro today which did not help with any passing rhythm as Allen had pressure up the middle.

Also did not help when Cook and Sherfield dropped passes that hit them in the hands.

Brady has to get to work on our pass play execution and script better early in games.

First thing I would do is take any passes intended for Murray or Sherfield and route those to Shakir who has been more sure-handed.

NE is #2 against the run and maybe better just the past few games and we have been leaning on our run.

Makes sense that it was an ugly win and not the best match up with how we have been moving the ball.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I said before the game that I don't care what it looks like just get the W.  I'm not going to complain about that game.  Belichick is the goat.  Their D is one of the best in the league legit.  They know us well.  Only thing I am concerned about is Josh being hurt.

Now lets go get this division next week!!! GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

I  am in a game at a time mode full speed ahead. Take No Prisoners. JUST WIN

Do or die, every Sunday since the start of December.

I am up for a similar January with a one week pause afterwards to prep for the Super Bowl.

Go Bills.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm going to call it half time adjustments, things got a little better in the second half.  Allen seemed to start hitting guys a little better in the second half (minus Diggs wide open deep).  Why are swing passes to the RB and/or screen passes so hard for this team.  We are straight up bad at the short passing game.  Almost every throw is 10 yards or deeper.  As some would note drops are a thing to go along with Allen missing guys or placing balls in hard to catch places.  No one is going to call the passing offense surgical that's for sure.  

1 minute ago, steven50 said:

Wait what? I was told I was stupid for suggesting the Bills could still win the Division. 27 pages of ridicule followed. Whats going on did I enter the mult-verse???????

🤯

1.jpg

Some of those posters have been real quiet today

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Process said:

Perfect Sunday afternoon results wise. Bills win, Miami loses (and had several more guys go down). 

But man, this offense is broken. Allen is a bit of a mess the last two weeks.

Just need to hope things start clicking vs Miami and in the playoffs.

Dolphins are absolutely decimated with injuries. Huge opportunity next week. 

Who got injured for Miami?

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Two lack luster efforts in a row but winning is what matters.

This is what the Bills are. It has been like this all season. Playing to the level of their opponent.

We didn’t play particularly well but I think NE deserves some credit…outside of the Dallas game they’ve been in every game and their defense has been great 

5 minutes ago, balln said:

It’s not just that. Allen too reliant on the big impossible throw or only locking onto diggs. And he’s processing too slow

I agree it’s on Allen but the WRs still gotta get open.  I haven’t watch much football these  days but I always notice other QBs have easy throws downfield that Josh just doesn’t get. Only easy throws Josh gets are check downs

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hopefully Allen is ok after that late injury. I will die on the hill that you don’t run your franchise QB in that particular situation.  You had the game won just run the clock. 

I even thought that were running him too much earlier in the game too. The sneaks are fine, but no reason to have Pats teeing off on JA.

Once again, it was BAD coaching by McD and his staff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.