Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just been reading it …

They are very bitter about the Bills winning today … but on the flip side ..:they are all confident that they have nothing to worry about in Week 18 ..and are winning that one easy 

I don’t believe that a single one of them actually feels that way deep down lol 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Can we talk about the officiating?

Felt like there were ~5 borderline calls on the Bills that negated big plays. 

We would've won this game by 2+ TD's with non-biased officiating. 

Agree. I thought both holding calls on Morse were awful. 

on top of that, the RT for the chargers was definitely holding on Tim settle on Easton sticks TD run. Dion has been called for that exact play a few times the last couple of weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

“the Cook is in the kitchen, and the recipe for that touchdown? Spicy”

Oh my gosh. 
🤦‍♂️

But you gotta say it like hike him. AND THE COOK, IS  IN THE KITCHEN!!!

Just God Awful announcing. Beyond cringy. Maybe it's a bias I have against him because I always appreciate an elevated call when the moment calls for it. He just seems awful every call to me. 

Edited by beerme1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. I thought both holding calls on Morse were awful. 

on top of that, the RT for the chargers was definitely holding on Tim settle on Easton sticks TD run. Dion has been called for that exact play a few times the last couple of weeks. 

Yup exactly where I'm at. Both calls on Morse were trash and a blatant uncalled hold on the Easton TD.

I'll also point out the garbage call on Bernad to wipe out the INT. The tripping on Brown was weak as well 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

I can’t believe we are 3-0 after not practicing on our bye week.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

The National Media’s narrative coming out of that Giants game was that Diggs was targeted too much.

I said the opposite, he needs 12-15 targets per game.

A few slants and outs here and there, but the natural rhythm timing pass game is disjointed and still not much play action percentage. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I try not to be the complain about the ref guy but mannn was that what it felt like

like if you wanna take away one first down pickup with a ticky tack oline penalty yea ok…but two in a row? 😂.

Morse’s hold was borderline.  Brown’s leg whip was egregious and the direct result of a complete whiff on the block.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

KC stacked ugly win after ugly win in the first half of the season when their offense wasn't clicking.   Sometimes that's how you have to win.  I wish the Bills had one more ugly win in the first half of the season.  I'm not going to complain about this one.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

If the call on Morse for holding is correct then there should be 20 times more holding calls than there are. That was a terrible call based on every game I've seen over the past few years. It also basically prevented a scoring drive which would have put the game away.

Sounds Kansas City Esque.

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

KC stacked ugly win after ugly win in the first half of the season when their offense wasn't clicking.   Sometimes that's how you have to win.  I wish the Bills had one more ugly win in the first half of the season.  I'm not going to complain about this one.

Just imagine how pretty we'd be sitting right now if the Bills hadn't allowed a 50-yard screen pass to the Pats in week 6.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Morse’s hold was borderline.  Brown’s leg whip was egregious and the direct result of a complete whiff on the block.

It’s not so much whether our penalties were accurate…it’s more that the other team is also committing egregious penalties and consistently getting away with it imo

there should’ve been a handful of holds called on the chargers if that morse flag was how tight they were calling it.  But singled out yea that hold on Morse looked like it could’ve gone either way 

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Just imagine how pretty we'd be sitting right now if the Bills hadn't allowed a 50-yard screen pass to the Pats in week 6.

Blatant ineligible man downfield 😂. Still one of the most absurd flag pickups in nfl history 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

And the refs didn't pick up an illegal lineman downfield flag when the man was like 5 yards downfield on the play.

I just got home from watching the game live at SoFi. A few observations from the stands:

• Not a good showing for offense or defense, IMO. They both allowed a crappy Chargers team to stay in the game.
  • What's up with Diggs? Has it been a few weeks now that he just seems off? 
  • Gabe Davis looked like the best player on the field tonight.
  • Last week I was impressed with how well Joe Brady play-called. He found things that worked, and stuck with them. In this game, he found things that didn't work, and stuck with them anyway. That frikkin' jumbo package with Edwards in as a sixth OL-- always announced as an eligible receiver-- hand-off to the RB in whichever direction Edwards was taking up space for around two yards. It was infuriating. By the middle of the second quarter, I said to my 13yo, "they gotta stop running that play..." And they never did. Every time we'd hear the ref say over his mic, "number 76 has reported as an eligible receiver," my son, and I would look at each other in exasperation.
  • Having both Phillips, and Epenesa out was huge. Daquan Jones can't come back soon enough.
  • One thing that was pretty incredible, that I was not expecting: Bills fans literally outnumbered the Chargers fans, and were literally twice as loud. The players must have noticed this.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I just got home from watching the game live at SoFi. A few observations from the stands:

• Not a good showing for offense or defense, IMO. They both allowed a crappy Chargers team to stay in the game.
  • Last week I was impressed with how well Joe Brady play-called. He found things that worked, and stuck with them. In this game, he found things that didn't work, and stuck with them anyway. That frikkin' jumbo package with Edwards in as a sixth OL-- always announced as an eligible receiver-- hand-off to the RB in whichever direction Edwards was taking up space for around two yards. It was infuriating. By the middle of the second quarter, I said to my 13yo, "they gotta stop running that play..." And they never did. Every time we'd hear the ref say over his mic, "number 76 has reported as an eligible receiver," my son, and I would look at each other in exasperation.
  • Having both Phillips, and Epenesa out was huge. Daquan Jones can't come back soon enough.
  • One thing that was pretty incredible, that I was not expecting: Bills fans literally outnumbered the Chargers fans, and were literally twice as loud. The players must have noticed this.

Yes, Phillips not in was noticeable.

But when I think back on the year has it always been that way, or more so after the Cowboys game? 

He’s 6’6” 350 so our biggest DT. 

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

IMO, Davis was good but Oliver was the best player on the field, especially down the stretch when he made big play after big play to stymie the Chargers efforts.'

He had 2 sacks of his own and for all intents and purposes the Poona Ford sack was a gift from Oliver forcing Stick right into Ford. 

Also...why would you be surprised Bills fans outnumbered Charger fans? It's like that for them every game no matter who their opponent is.  LA literally HATES the Chargers...they are a Rams and Raiders town.  Chargers have been hated there for decades and just because they moved there doesn't mean people will like them all of a sudden.  Chargers are the only team in the NFL that plays 17 road games.  They have to use silent counts at home on offense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Maybe I am wrong, but did Collinsworth seem less annoying today??

Aside from the ridiculous comment that Tyrell Dodson is the best player on the Bills D,  he didn’t really say anything else that made me roll my eyes....that’s a new record for fewest annoying comments by CC, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.