Bills at Chargers Pregame Thread

BillsFan619

• Simon pinned this topic

Backs are to the wall, no fing around gentlemen, kick some azs !!!

GO BILLS!!!  

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

The push for the playoffs continues today. We got this.

An early Christmas present for all of us as we get the BIG DUBS and go to 9-6. Go Bills!

And for a little holiday fun…Merry Christmas, Bills Mafia!

thank you for posting this. There is a ton of fun Christmas content on that Buffalo bills link.  I thought this was cool 🙂

playlist.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

The "Chargers"....might as well call themselves the NBC Peacocks!

Amirite?!

Damn ...that was a good one

***** nailed it

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

thank you for posting this. There is a ton of fun Christmas content on that Buffalo bills link.  I thought this was cool 🙂

playlist.jpeg

I didn't know Chris Brown made a Chris-tmas album!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, muppy said:

playlist.jpeg

Can somebody please introduce Kincaid to Don Ho?

And why does nobody have one of the 5 greatest Christmas songs of all time?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

The push for the playoffs continues today. We got this.

An early Christmas present for all of us as we get the BIG DUBS and go to 9-6. Go Bills!

And for a little holiday fun…Merry Christmas, Bills Mafia!

That interview had some moments of pure gold.

Interviewer asks Josh if he's still in "low positive?" Loved the response. 

• Agree 2

My smart TV is not too smart when it comes to Peacock......every time I try to use the Peacock app on my TV, it crashes!

The TV does not have this problem with Netflix, Youtube TV, Amazon Prime, the Starz app, etc.......only Peacock.

I have to access Peacock on my laptop, then connect my laptop to my TV to use it as a glorified computer monitor......whatever it takes to watch the game!!!!!

Go Bills!!

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

My smart TV is not too smart when it comes to Peacock......every time I try to use the Peacock app on my TV, it crashes!

The TV does not have this problem with Netflix, Youtube TV, Amazon Prime, the Starz app, etc.......only Peacock.

I have to access Peacock on my laptop, then connect my laptop to my TV to use it as a glorified computer monitor......whatever it takes to watch the game!!!!!

Go Bills!!

For my TV my wife has problems with the Lifetime app.  Peacock and all the others are fine.

I know inactives are 90 minutes before the game but what about PS callups?  Has that period already past?  Did they call anyone up if so?

Edited by Scott7975

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Go Bills!!

Just a suggestion - can you remove the Peacock app from the device/tv and download it again?

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Go Bills!!

I've had the exact same problem with only ESPN+ for Sabres game - the app freezes and I literally have to turn my TV off and back on again.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For my TV my wife has problems with the Lifetime app.  Peacock and all the others are fine.

I know inactives are 90 minutes before the game but what about PS callups?  Has that period already past?  Did they call anyone up if so?

4 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

I've had the exact same problem with only ESPN+ for Sabres game - the app freezes and I literally have to turn my TV off and back on again.

It's weird isn't it?? Well at least I'm not the only one with a "not so smart" Smart TV.

Gotta love technology!

14 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Just a suggestion - can you remove the Peacock app from the device/tv and download it again?

Tried that at least 3 different times.....and it still crashes.

But thanks for the suggestion! I just think my TV hates Peacocks!!🦚

Edited by Special K
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boater said:

I don't care how bad the Chargers are, I'm still anxious about this game.

They're not going to roll over like last week. New interim coaches always create some juice.  We need to establish the game early.  Having Keenan Allen out helps.  Expect more passing with LA's poor pass D.

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Oh, Josh Allen, Mistletoe? Really? :sick:

I have zero clue what that song sounds like. I'll check. I agree but a lot of people agree with #17 only 496 Million views LOL geez

Edited by muppy

5 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Have you tried seeing if there is an update for the TV? 

If you mean an update for the Peacock app on the TV, then yes I checked for that, but there wasn't one....that was the first thing I thought of, too.

I will say, the TV is about six years old, so maybe it has something to do with that, but like I said every other app other than Peacock works perfectly.

16 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

Tried that at least 3 different times.....and it still crashes.

Did you guys try:

1.  Going to TV settings and checking for a software "firmware" update?

and/or

2.  Reboot your TV.  Go to setting and click "reboot" or "restart"?

All these TVs (especially ones a few years old) don't always update the App software.  I got so tired of it I bought a Roku and put all

my Apps on there.  Never had an issue since.  I also think the Roku has a better interface than most Smart TVs.

From NFL.com

Buffalo Bills

2023 · 8-6-0

AT

Los Angeles Chargers

2023 · 5-9-0

WHERE: SoFi Stadium (Inglewood, Calif.)

WHEN: 8 p.m. ET | Peacock

Bills' hot offense is licking its chops for this matchup. How will the Bills attack the Chargers? Perhaps we should ask: How won’t they? The Chargers have taken their lumps defensively for much of the season, and they’re coming off a 42-point drubbing by the Raiders last week. Crazy as it sounds, that might not have been their worst defensive performance of the season. The Chargers have been killed by yards after the catch, ranking 31st at plus-352 for the season, and they’ve been especially vulnerable defending the middle of the field. This is all music to the Bills’ ears, as they’ve rediscovered their potency offensively under interim coordinator Joe Brady, topping the 30-point mark in three of their past four games, even while Stefon Diggs has put up moderate numbers. Last week’s run-game dominance against the Cowboys showed the need to put the ball in James Cook’s hands, which can take pressure off quarterback Josh Allen. Brady has used more pre-snap motion and called for more designed runs by Allen since taking over, and he has to feel like the Bills can dominate from the opening series, even with some injuries to monitor. Tight ends Dalton Kincaid (shoulder) and Dawson Knox (wrist) appeared on the injury report this week but do not carry a designation into Saturday. Cook battled an illness this week, but he is also good to go for Saturday. Allen must be mindful of Chargers pass rusher Khalil Mack, who has 15 sacks and five forced fumbles, but Allen doesn’t get sacked much and the Chargers’ pass rush has suffered with Joey Bosa out.

Stick hopes to build off promising second half, Chargers hope for ball control. The Chargers are shaking off last week’s wicked Vegas hangover and hope to finish the season strong under interim coach Giff Smith, who makes his NFL debut in that role. He’ll stick with Stick as his QB after the first-time starter struggled to get much going early but warmed up in the second half against the Raiders (14 of 18 passing, 182 yards, three TDs, INT). Stick will be without Keenan Allen (heel) again this week, but Joshua Palmer returned to have a big night with a 79-yard TD in Week 15. That was one of the first downfield shots of last week’s game. Most of Stick’s targets were underneath, which could mean busy days for Gerald Everett and Austin Ekeler, but the Chargers would love for Quentin Johnston to get going to finish off a hot-and-cold rookie season on the upswing. The problem? The Bills’ pass defense stopped Dak Prescott in his tracks last week and has done well vs. non-star QBs this season. What the Chargers absolutely cannot do is turn the ball over. They did that five times against the Raiders (and 11 times combined in their past three losses), and it didn’t turn out well. In the Chargers’ five victories they have only three giveaways. Stick wants to show he can generate big plays, but doing so carelessly won’t help his team pull the major upset.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

If you mean an update for the Peacock app on the TV, then yes I checked for that, but there wasn't one....that was the first thing I thought of, too.

I will say, the TV is about six years old, so maybe it has something to do with that, but like I said every other app other than Peacock works perfectly.

Does your tv have a "search" on the Home Screen?  If so search peacock on that. Maybe you already did idk. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Did you guys try:

1.  Going to TV settings and checking for a software "firmware" update?

and/or

2.  Reboot your TV.  Go to setting and click "reboot" or "restart"?

All these TVs (especially ones a few years old) don't always update the App software.  I got so tired of it I bought a Roku and put all

my Apps on there.  Never had an issue since.  I also think the Roku has a better interface than most Smart TVs.

Thanks, I've read these suggestions but haven't tried either yet. My Samsung is literally 3 months old. Just can't understand why ESPN is the only app I have problems with.

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

Thanks, I've read these suggestions but haven't tried either yet. My Samsung is literally 3 months old. Just can't understand why ESPN is the only app I have problems with.

I know.  Mine was new too.  All these manufacturers have so much software they have to keep track of and so many models that stuff slips through the cracks.

A device like Roku has one job...........to keep up with the updates and versions.  Mine updates all the time.

Good luck!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

On paper, this should be an enjoyable evening; a 30 point win. And yet, I feel like it will be such a nail biter I’ll need to take my socks off in the 4th quarter. 

The tea on the Chargers is they are the artists of CHOKE.  The Bills go to SoFi, take care of business and get the heck out of there and back to WNY for Christmas

It will sound like a Bills home game there you know that. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.